Undiscovered feeling (?)

Chick (Dragon)'s Flick.

 


Four

 

Kai just couldn’t believe it.

   He still couldn’t adapt with the fact that…

   Kris is his ing neighbor.

   Sure, they’re just moving in into that neighborhood recently but could he ask his mother to move in again?

   “No.” His mother arranges the washed clean cups and rinses them on the dish tray. Turning around with a quirk face, she hums in a small pitch, beckoning for Kai to reason her.

   Kai’s face turns to horrify. He should know that all the moving expense is very expensive right now but hey, he could pay the expense with his pocket money, right? But, the answer would be no because he should be aware that they need to find a ing house either to rent in or buy.

   Scratch the buy part, they have not enough money.

   “Jongin?”

   He snaps. Raising his eyes to his mother’s, he resembles like a kicked puppy that needs to be loved making his mother averts her eyes behind him. He steps closer to his mother and wraps his arms around the lady’s torso gently, snuggling to the warmth. “Can we move again?”

   “If you’re saying that you want to move your room to another spacious room in this house, sure. But if to another house, we don’t have much money left.” His mother sighs, patting softly on her son’s back. “Why all of sudden?”

   Kai chortles slightly and detaches his arms from his mother. “Nothing, just…”

   “Sure and I’m cooking right now.” His mother replies with a slight of mockery.

   Chuckling to himself, he etches a small smile reassuringly.

   “It’s okay, everything is okay.” Perhaps, if that Kris doesn’t kill me with his lame pick up lines, yet.

 

 

 

The day couldn’t get any better than this.

   Kris smiles widely as he looking at the rows of bonsai trees planted in the pots that his mother had arranged them on three planks of wood behind their house. He gingerly examines the leaves, finding the wilt spots or the caterpillars eaten his mother’s favorite plant.

   “Wufan?”

   Kris turns around and a smile creeps on his face. “Mom.”

   “What are you doing here?” Mrs. Wu smiles brightly, she padding to her son and sits beside the blond. “It’s funny when watching you smiling while looking at those trees; usually it would be the frowning face of you.” She giggles and drapes an arm on Kris’s shoulder. “Tell me, is there something interesting you?”

   “Mom.” Kris pouts, much to his childish habit despite the look of his face.

   “Oh.” His mother gasps loudly. “Since when my son has a habit to pout?”

   Kris shrugs nonchalantly and sticks his tongue childishly at the trees. “Nothing is wrong.” he raises his head to the sky and admiring the white of the clouds floating on their head mixed with the blue of the sky.

   “I didn’t ask what is wrong.” Mrs. Wu has had an ability to read people’s mind (that would what Kris had said when he was ten) but actually it’s the mother’s instinct and the ability to read people (where she did take the psychology major in the university).

   Huffing in exasperation, Kris stares on the ground. “Nothing, nothing… trust me.” He turns to his left and looks at his mother. “You’re beautiful, mom. No wonder dad loves you so much.”

   Mrs. Wu rolls her eyes nevertheless, she laughs to her son’s sudden praise. “What’s on earth is in your mind?”

   “Mom…” he whines and kicks the pebbles under his feet.

   “Yeah, whatnot.” His mother shrugs. “I want to visit Mrs. Kim’s residence.”

   Kris’s eyes beam brightly. “Could I follow you?”

   “Sure, why not. You could make friend with her son. I guess he’s in the same age of you or likewise.” Mrs. Wu smiles happily.

   “Actually he is a year younger than me or that’s what I guess because I never see him around in my floor.” Kris stretches his arms above his head.

   “How do you know?”

   “Uh, do I have told you that I had a new friend beside my locker?” that I soak him with my beautiful words.

 


Move to the next chapter! (sorry for the lame title...)