The Way He Looks At You

If I Were You, My Good Girl.

The camera flashes, and I spin around to make the trails of my dress flare out. The lights before me shine down harshly, making thousands of sparkles dance off the crystals set upon my head. In the background it was playing the instrumentals of Lonely, accompanied along with the sound of the camera shutters going on endlessly.

"Beautiful! Turn up your face towards me... Yes! Perfect!" The photographer said occasionally between shots, I try my best to follow his instructions. "Now turn your head away, CL. Stunning."

I turned my head to the right, and I see Soohyuk oppa leaning against the edge of the set with his arms crossed in front of his chest. In the dim lights of the studio, his face gleamed subtly like moonlight, his eyes sparkled like the crystals in my hair piece, and a slight smile cracked as he saw me looking at him. I smile back and tilted my face upwards, as if challenging him, he then grinned even wider and gave me a thumbs up.

"Okay, that should do it for the first set." The photographer announced. "CL, you may go to wardrobe to get ready for the next set."

"Alright, see you in a bit!" I bowed and picked up the ridiculously long trails of my dress, and begun to march back to the dressing room for the next concept set.

"Never thought you'd look good in a frilly dress." Soohyuk oppa's voice rumbled next to me as I felt the heavy trails of my dress being lifted away from me. "Especially in a frilly pink dress." He was walking briskly beside me, carrying my dress and handing me bottle of Vitamin Water.

"Just because I don't often wear pretty things, doesn't mean I can't work them." I flipped my hair as soon as my hands were free from holding my dress, and took the bottle from him and took a long swig. "Where's my Janmae?" I asked, seeing that my manager was oddly no where in sight.

"He's on the phone with Dara unnie I think, I told him I'll take care of you." Soohyuk shrugged and took the bottle from me when he saw me screw the cap back on. "Plus, I know this place better than most managers in Korea." He smiled and turned me around as I almost walked into the wrong hallway, hands gentle on my shoulders. "What?" He said as he caught me grinning.

"You're awfully good at being a manager, you should consider being one after you..." I gestured my hands at his face. "don't look like this anymore."

"Wow Lee Chaerin, first I'm a knight, now I'm being downgraded into being a manager?!" Soohyuk oppa exclaimed with raised eyebrows, looking comical, but still handsomely so.

"Hey, models don't always have a way out, I'm only offering an advice!" I giggle as he pinches my arm.

"Well then, thank you for the suggestion. But with looks like mine, I'm sure age will only do me better." He grinned and flipped his hair in an exaggerated manner. I laugh at the sight of his proud face, it's even funnier because he's probably right. Then my hair piece began to slip due to the brisk walks and laughter.

"Hold on, this thing is really heavy. Ugh." I reached up to take down the huge Swarovski crystal hair piece.

"Wait!" Soohyuk oppa suddenly stopped me, I glance up. "I wanna take a picture of you with this." He goes to fish his phone out of his pockets.

"Why?" I put the hair piece back in place as we stopped in front of the dressing room.

"To memorialize Chaerinnie as a queen, so when she no longer..." He smirked and gestured at my face. "looks like this anymore. There'll be a record." I punch him, but he laughs and simply raised his phone. "Ready?"

I then smiled genuinely at Soohyuk's words, and let the camera flash. "How'd it turn out?" Without warning, the stylist flooded out of the room and immediately began to take apart the various pieces of my outfit.

"Well--" *ZZZZZIP* As if in protest, the head stylist of Vogue ped my dress in one swift motion (without revealing anything of course), and glanced up at Soohyuk in a dangerous glare. "I'll see you later, Chaerinnie." Soohyuk chuckled and walked/ran away, and I meekly submit into the dressing room where a look of satisfaction spreads across the stylist's face.

"Soohyuk isn't usually this talkative." The stylist told me as she began to match and apply pieces of metal to my hair, creating a metal tiara of sorts. "Only when he's with YG artists, which is interesting, because usually all the other models are dead silent when you guys come."

"Stylist unnie, you often work with Soohyuk oppa?" I ask timidly, partly because I was quite intimidated by her aura (which doesn't happen often with me when I'm working, but this lady's tone of voice and actions are really something), but it was mostly because the makeup artists would furrow her eyebrows dramatically everytime I move a centimeter.

"I work for 8 magazines, of course I see him all the time. Boy's practically plastered in every single issue." She laughed.

"Sorry, I don't often read magazines, or go out much for that matter." I chuckle apologetically.

"Ha! I'm actually not surprised, you YGs are all so bizarre." She laughed again, it was a very straightforward laugh, I began to like her genuine personality, it's not often that I meet honest people in the industry, especially not stylists, so I was not the least bit offended.

"I suppose we are quite unusual," I smile, earning a slight tisk from the makeup artists, who on the contrast, I'm beginning to like less and less. "Do you often see other YG artists with Soohyuk oppa?"

"All the time, if I didn't know better I'd thought that he was YG too, he sure is weird enough." She replied. "It's mostly boys he hangs with though, like Yanggeng, and every now and then the Big Bang boys; Seunghyun every now and then, and of course, Jiyong."

"Jiyong oppa comes too?" I ask, without meaning to, I looked up, causing my whole head to move, which caused the makeup artist to sigh exasperatedly.

"Yeah, other than Yanggeng, Jiyong comes the most." She now moves on to match different colored feathers to my skin. "Scaring everyone less, thought he'd have more important things to attend to, what with being G Dragon and all." She muttered, my liking for her increased, it's even more rare to meet a female creature to think less than worshiping thoughts of Jiyong oppa, much less unimpressed.

"Them three are pretty much inseparable. But I do apologize on their behalf if they ever caused you any trouble." I smile, happily so for the makeup artist finally walked away to find false lashes, and pleasantly enough when I saw the stylist smile back in the mirror. "But what do you mean by he scares everyone?"

"Oh honey, you have no idea." She laughed another free laugh of hers. "You see, the magazine photo shoot dressing rooms are actually quite the chatter room. We hear all sorts of rumors, jokes, and obnoxious in here. It's where models get to relax before going up in front of the camera again." She paused to get another assortment of feathers to match to my shoulders, I wait patiently. "And they get especially excited when the celebrity kids come around, you know, them SMs, JYPs, and whatnot. Extra talkative, and eager to work harder to catch their attention, which is a wonderful thing for the shoots actually, so I don't mind much. But it's a different story when you YGs come along, being your quiet and reserved selves all throughout the scene, making everybody all uncomfortable.

"Soohyuk, being the guy that he is, gets along with everyone. But definitely not as chatty as the other models, he's very kind. And a lot of celebrity girlies eye him up and down whenever he's there. Never seemed to notice though, that boy. But when Jiyong, or the other YG boys come over, this weird light takes in his eyes, as if he's come alive or something. Especially with Jiyong, he turns into this teenager of sorts, laughing and fooling around. The other models though, actually, even the stylists and artists, gets dead silent and turns into nervous wrecks. I personally don't give a , but I can understand, it's not every day you get to see GD or TOP , much less get to touch them."

"Tabi-oppa and Jiyong oppa do have that effect on them. But they are really just shy, and they're actually some very nice people." I smile, and then stood up as she gently pulled me out of the seat, much friendlier than when she ped my dress by the doorway.

"You have that effect too, have you not noticed that I've been the only one talking to you?" She grinned and winked at me, now that I get to look at her directly, she is not much older than me, probably around Bommie and Dara unnie's age, but her eyes (which are lined with thick purple liner) are much more mature and fearless. She had a wide mouth that looked very generous, and an edgy but kind smile spreads across them as she talked. "But you're alright. More than alright, actually. Better than the boys at least."

"Thank you. I'd like to think that too." I smile, I like her more and more. "What is your name?"

"Leehye. You fond of me?" The stylist grinned brightly as she fixed the feathers.

"Quite so, it's not everyday I get to meet someone who says 'less' freely in front of YG artists." I smirk. She looks at me approvingly.

"Leehye noona, are you torturing Chaerinnie in there? Set's ready." Soohyuk oppa's voice rumbled from the other side of the door.

"Calm your , I'll give her back!" Leehye shouted, and then lowered her voice to a whisper. "Honey, he's different with you. Not like the teenager brat with Jiyong and the others, but a little boy and gentleman all rolled into one. I work with people everyday, more than I'd like to, and the way he looks at you... Whew! I'm surprised you haven't caught on fire yet!" She then laughed, even more openly than before, when she saw my probably gaping face. "Watch out now, dear, I don't know if you've got a boyfriend or whatever, but Soohyuk never plays manager with anyone else, much less wait outside the door for a whole 20 minutes. I'm telling this 'cause I'm fond of you too, and Soohyuk is a good man, but you take care of yourself!"

After a subtle shove from Leehye unnie, I walk numbly to the door and opened it. Soohyuk oppa's back was facing me, seemingly animated, I look around him to see that he was talking to a staff member, who was overshadowed by his height. I was pleased to have a moment to collect my thoughts with what Leehye unnie told me.

"This is pretty ridiculous, it's not just for a section, it's a cover shoot!" Soohyuk oppa's voice was uncharacteristically dismayed, but still remained its calm tone. But the staff lady/girl's face was still terrified, and seemed to want to hide behind the clip board she was grasping onto in front of her chest. "How much delay?" He sighed.

"Delay?" I interrupted, my work mode was on. Never thought Vogue would have a delay in a cover shooting. "Why, what happened?"

"It's--- The--- Uh---" Upon hearing my voice, the staff's face went a shade lighter, and began cowering behind the clipboard, showing only her eyebrows.

"The lead male model's manager just contacted us, saying that they'll be late. Why, we do not know." Soohyuk oppa spoke up before the girl could completely disappear behind her clip board shield. "It's okay, it's not your fault. Thank you for telling me, I'll go talk to the director about it later." With a much softer tone he turned around and said to her while giving her shoulder a gentle pat, the girl peeped up again from behind the clipboard, and with tears in her eyes she nodded slowly.

"Thank you," She whimpered to Soohyuk oppa. "And I am so sorry, CL-nim." She gave a deep 90 degrees bow to me and ran off immediately.

"Where's the director?" I asked right after the staff was gone.

"This way." Without missing a beat, Soohyuk oppa began walking briskly while guiding me.

"Does this happen often?" I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling more surprised than irritated.

"No, never in my model career have I ever seen a model late to a cover shoot. I wonder who it is." Soohyuk oppa gave a sarcastic chuckle, took out his phone, and looked around at me, all without breaking stride. "Are you upset?" He asked gently.

"No, actually." I said, surprised that he is still concerned about how I feel even in such times. "I don't mind getting paid more for my time."

"Then Minnie is going to have nightmares for nothing!" Soohyuk oppa laughed while opening a door that led to a flight of stairs. "That's the staff who almost evaporated behind her clipboard." He added when he saw my confused expression.

"You really should consider becoming a manager," I laugh, impressed that he knows all their names. "Even if I was upset, it wouldn't have been at her anyway though... Or am I just that scary to people?" I ask, suddenly feeling guilty.

"Well, it is a pretty big flump on their behalf, cover shoots are almost always planned perfectly." Soohyuk oppa replied, while dialing numbers on his phone. "And having to be the deliverer of bad news to you, one of the top stars in Korea, is definitely terrifying, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with you personally though." He explained flowingly.

We were finally stopped in front of a room labeled "Director Park", and just as I was going to open the door, Soohyuk oppa put a hand on my shoulder, gesturing for me to wait. "Junsong-ah, there's some mix-up over here at Vogue. I'm with Chaerinnie-- CL from 2NE1 for her cover shoot-- Yeah, I know. Anyway, as I was saying, the male model is going to be late, do you know if we have anyone near the area on call?"

I stared at him, never seeing him speaking so professionally, I was momentarily distracted by the sight.

"One hour? I'll see, call you later. Let me know if someone else turns up." Soohyuk oppa sighed and hung up.

"Isn't hiring a model on the spot really expensive?" I ask, figuring out that he was trying to find a replacement model for me.

"It isn't 'hiring' when it's a 'favor' for a fellow model." Soohyuk oppa gave a very natural wink at me. "But let's talk to the director and figure outwhat is going on first." 

We opened the door to a small room with a short man with a very stylish hairstyle that's been dyed purple, pacing around in the room, rummaging through stacks and stacks of files, through his oversized angular glasses, his expression looked very distressed, so much that he didn't even realize that we were in the room.

"Director Park?" Soohyuk spoke up. The man froze and looked up with the expression of seeing Godzilla in his office.

"Soohyuk-ah..." He started, then he looked at me, and his expression escalated to as if Godzilla had brought King Kong along. "CL-nim...!"

"Don't worry, we're just here to understand what happened, and what can be done to remedy the situation." I smiled, hoping to calm him down a bit. But his expressions turned as if he's aged 10 years.

"I am so sorry, I never thought this would happen! Jinsung is usually very punctual, they said it'll take up to at least 2 hours... There must've been an accident--" The director immediately began explaining, and then suddenly paused and turned to Soohyuk. "What are you doing here, Soohyuk?"

"Her manager's busy with another 2NE1 member," Soohyuk oppa answered before I even opened my mouth, and the director seemed to have physically shrunk when Soohyuk oppa said our group name. "I'm taking care of Chaerin today, is that a problem?" Soohyuk oppa straightened up, kind of offended.

"No actually," The director's eyes sparkled, as if both the Godzilla and King Kong had suddenly turned into gold statues. "That means you have no schedule today right? Soohyuk-ah, are you free? Is that it?" His tone suddenly started to light up, and his speech increased into something more director-like.

"Yes...?" Soohyuk oppa sounded suspicious. "I've already called my agency to see if anyone--"

"Why don't you take the role? How much will you ask for? Money is honestly no problem right now." The director cut him off, eagerly look at Soohyuk oppa, while taking out his phone and tapping on it rapidly.

"Me? I--" Soohyuk oppa looked genuinely surprised. I began considering it, and I suddenly felt dumb, how come I haven't thought of it?

"Unless you want to wait 2 hours for Jinsung?" The director had regained his posture, now looking much more professional. "Either way, like I said, pay is no longer a problem, as a director of Vogue I am very ashamed for this inconvenience. I just wish to satisfy our guest's needs. Again, CL-nim, I apologize. How would you like to arrange for this situation?" The transformation was so quick and impressive, I almost wanted to applaud.

"It's up to you, Chaerinnie." Soohyuk oppa finally sighed as I looked over to him. For some reason he looked very uncomfortable.

"It's okay if it's too bothersome---" not wanting to give him any more hassle, I was about to say that I'll wait for the model, and suddenly---

- - -deng deng deng- - -

Jingyo Oppa: Trust you to remember the way I take my coffee.

Jingyo Oppa: I'm finished early. Are you done yet?

Jingyo Oppa: Are you done? Are you done? Are you done? Are you donnnnnnne?????

Jingyo Oppa: JK, fighting on your shoot. (you should still hurry up though <3)

I stare at the rapid fire of LINE messages on my phone and without meaning to, I smiled.

"Oppa, can you--" I decided to finish the shoot fast, and so I look up at Soohyuk oppa, and I suddenly couldn't say anything. An undescribable expression had spread across his face. His eyes looked down at me with such gentleness, and a slight smile curled on his lips as if he approved of my decision, but his eyes looked so full of sorrow as if he was going cry. I was dumbstruck by that expression, and became mute.

"Of course, anything for you, Chaerinnie. Let me call my agency." Soohyuk oppa patted my head affectionately. "Don't wanna keep Jiyong waiting for too long."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!! Here's another one! Sorry for introducing  so many random characters, but I wanted to show the effect CL and Soohyuk had on other people in the industry. (Also it's just so fun to create other characters!) This chapter is mostly Soohyuk and CL heavy, but it's to show the relationship between the two of them, and how different Soohyuk is when compared to Jiyong. Though both protective, Jiyong is more teasing with withdrawls of affection, while Soohyuk is very verbal in his liking with CL, and how he is not even hesitant to help when CL wants to see GD. (oh Soohyuk, you kind man T__T) But yeah, hope this one wasn't too much of a bore for you guys!!
ps. The stylist is modeled after my personality!! Cuz I want to be a part of this story too >__<

As always I will try to update more often!! Please continue to take care of me in the comments, it always give me so much strength to keep going, you're all amazing! May you guys have a lovely new year!(sort of) God bless you all! <3