She's Important to Me Too

If I Were You, My Good Girl.

"Jiyong oppa, wake up." Her voice chimed in my ears, as I slowly tried to open my eyes. Not yet being able to adjust to the brightness, I only saw her silhouette, dark against the sunlight shining through the window. It looked like a scenery of bliss.

"Hmm? What time is it?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

"11AM, I didn't want to wake you, but I wasn't sure if you had a schedule today." Her face began to slowly take its form as my eyes finally cleared up and took in the scenery around me. Chaerin's golden hair was tied up in a knot, a pair of black angular glasses settled on her make up free face, her clean features made my heart all warm, and a thought crossed my mind... How I would love to wake up every morning to this woman. Then I saw the band-aid under her glasses, (we bought some band-aids on our way back home), and my heart wrenched again.

"Nah, nothing much today. Probably just head out to the company later, that's all." I twisted my body to sit up from the couch, stretching my arms out and yawning. After coming home yesterday from taking her on a night ride on a mountain road, I decided to sleep in her living room in case she got nightmares and was scared in the middle of the night. She told me many times that she would be fine, but I couldn't go home with this much worry in my heart, and I couldn't just leave her alone in this house. So I settled for her couch, and it was as she said, she didn't seem to have any nightmares at all, and is looking perfectly fine this morning. "D'you make breakfast?" I sniffed as my scent sensory finally kicked in.

"Yeah, some coffee too." She took the blanket off of me and began folding it. "I called Yanggeng oppa to bring some clothes for you, so you can take a shower. He should be arriving later, come eat first."

"Ugh, American breakfast." I complained as I sat in the chair. "Chae-ah, a good Korean wife should prepare traditional Korean breakfasts." I said as I dug into the pancakes, which were perfectly fluffy and delicious. I'm perfectly okay anything she cooks, I just wanted to jest at her.

"This is all I know to make, so deal with it." She jutted out her chin defiantly. "Plus, I'm not your wife." She muttered and began cutting into her own pancakes and chomping a piece down in irritation. I really love making her pissed, something's definitely wrong with me.

--- ding dong ---

"Oh that must be Yanggeng oppa." Chaerin got up immediately after hearing the doorbell, I'm not sure if I liked the way she smiled when she said Yanggeng's name, but I swallowed that thought down with a bite of bacon. "Maybe HE will appreciate my breakfast." She then pouted at me and strutted off to get the door. I stared after her.

"I never said I didn't appreciate it." I grumbled and got another serving of pancakes.

"Aish Yanggeng oppa, Jiyong oppa is so annoying---" I could hear her voice from the living room, and I heard a low voice greeting hello, but Chaerin paused mid sentence so abruptly, that I stopped chewing to listen closely. "Omo, I didn't know you'd be coming! Please come in!" Who was it? Wasn't Yanggeng supposed to be dropping my clothes off? And why is Chaerin just letting this dude coming in her house?

"Hey Jiyong-ah, Yanggeng told me to drop some stuff off for him since he got caught up with something." Walking into the dining room was the tall handsome model that I knew too well. Lee Soohyuk, with Chaerin following in behind him. "You really need to stop hanging around in Chaerin's house, I'm starting to get suspicious." He laughed and dropped some bags on me and greeted me with a friendly punch in the shoulder.

"It's just Chaerin, what's there to be suspicious about?" I laughed and shrugged it off.

"What do you mean 'it's just Chaerin', don't you know that she's getting quite popular even amongst the models? Just the other day Kim Woobin asked me where does Chaerin like to hangout." The tall model sat down next in the chair next to me, and grinned devilishly.

"He did?! And what did you tell him?!" Chaerin exclaimed and jumped next to Soohyuk, looking at him with excited shining eyes, and holding her hands together in front of her chest as if she's praying. Yeesh, this girl, doesn't she know all models are playboys?!

"I told him that you don't go anywhere, because you're always working! Also even if you did go anywhere, you have all these scary oppas glaring dangerously from behind!" He laughed as he gestured at me, who I'm sure, had a pretty dangerous glare on his face right now.

"Heol, oppa, I'm never gonna get asked out if you say stuff like that!" Chaerin slapped his shoulder, and then pouted with a ridiculous amount of aegyo.

"Oh come on Chaerin, I'm just looking out for you, also, if he liked you enough, he wouldn't care if you had thousands of bodyguards." Soohyuk replied. "Also I believe you were in the middle of saying something annoying that Jiyong did as I came in the door?" I could tell he was clearly trying to change the subject.

"Gosh, I totally forgot! He is SO annoying! I made him some breakfast, and all he did was complain about how it's American and not Korean!" Chaerin threw her hands up, I was just glad this Kim Woobin conversation was over, even if it meant that she'd be complaining about me.

"I love American breakfasts! May I have some? I didn't get to eat anything coming here." Soohyuk smiled at Chaerin, who in return smiled as well.

"Of course, oppa! I knew you had sense, only tasteful people appreciate a good hearty American breakfast." She smiled triumphantly and said spitefully at me as she walked away, I simply stuck my tongue out at her.

"So Jiyong, why am I bringing you clothes over to you at Chaerin's house?" Soohyuk asked. "And how come there was no shock in Yanggeng's voice when he asked me to do this? Does this happen often? Is there something I should know about?"

"Whoa, what's with all the questions?" I laughed.

"I'm just surprised, it would seem as though that I don't know you guys well enough." He was smiling, but there was seriousness in his eyes.

"We're not what you think, and you know how Yanggeng is, he's never surprised by anything. And the reason why I'm here, is becausesome psycho idiot sent Chaerin a disgusting package and she found it late last night, I simply came over to console her." I took a gulp of coffee, (which is made just right, by the way) not sure if I liked how he was questioning me, but Soohyuk's always been a good friend, so I didn't mind it much. "Then I stayed over just in case if she was scared, or if anything happened, you know?"

"I see, do you know who did it? The package?" He asked as I continued to dig into my 'hearty American breakfast'.

"Not yet, I'm planning on going to the company today to check out the cameras to see which gave her the package." I mumbled while chewing.

"Bastard." I was alarmed at the anger in the tone of his voice, Soohyuk had always been relatively calm and collected, it wasn't like him to use harsh words. I looked up to see his face sullen, dark with anger and disgust. It somehow looked familiar...

"Here you go, oppa!" Chaerin's voice cut in, then all my thoughts scattered as I saw her put down a plate of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, a cup of coffee, and a... cupcake??!

"Where did that come from?! How come I didn't get a cupcake!?" I almost shouted.

"I was going to give it to you, but Soohyuk oppa's here, so I'm giving it to him instead." She shrugged me off.

"What?! It's just Soohyuk!" I was pretty much shouting now.

"Thank you, Chaerinnie." Soohyuk smiled and began slicing up his pancakes as I gaped on. "This is delicious, the texture is just right! You'd make a great wife, Chae." Chaerin was beaming, and I wanted very deeply to smack Soohyuk, but instead I continued to finish my plate in silent defiance.

"I'm going to go take a shower." Chaerin said after Soohyuk and I finished washing the dishes. "Oh and Jiyong oppa, you can use the shower in the living room."

"Do you have any schedules today?" Soohyuk asked as he helped me take out some shampoo and stuff out of the bag.

"Yeah, I have a photoshoot with Vogue later." Chaerin took out the clip in her hair and shook her hair out, she very closely resembeld a goddess. "But I've never been to the studio, and I'm not sure about how to get there."

"I can take you." "I can take you."

Soohyuk and I looked at each other, surprised that we had said the exact same thing, at the exact same time, and in the exact same tone.

"I know where their studio's at, and I have a photohoot near that area today too." Soohyuk spoke up first. "And plus, don't you have to drop by the company today, Jiyong?"

"Umph." I couldn't compete with that, so I simply made a scruffed up noise. But I did continue to examine Soohyuk, he barely ever gave out offers for he mostly sticks to himself or with the boys. I've also never noticed how similar he and I acted when we're around Chaerin, it was starting to take a heavy weight on me. It couldn't be that he...

"That's perfect! Thank you oppa!" Chaerin grinned and hugged Soohyuk. I did not miss the slight reddening of the ears on Soohyuk, I am now officially worried. "Oh, and there's some coffee in the machine, so help yourself, and also feel free to eat whatever you like in the fridge. Make yourself at home." She grinned angelically up at Soohyuk and continued off upstairs.

"So, Vogue huh? Our Chaerinnieis stepping up in the fashion world as well. Next thing you know, there'll be makeup sponsors clamoring over to have her as their covergirl!" Soohyuk chuckled as he folded the bags away. But I wasn't in very much a mood to chat about Chaerin's successes.

"Soohyuk, what was that?" I said. He paused and looked up at me.

"What was what?" Seeing my expressions, he shifted into a position where he stood tall, and looked back down on me. I've known this guy for too long, he was feeling awkward and uncomfortable, his ears reddened again.

"I thought you'd taken a month whole break from photoshoots, since you're mostly doing runways now. So what was that?" I said again. He stiffened and I continued. "Don't tell me that you've taken a liking in Chaerin." His ears went to an even deeper shade of red. Oh god, please no.

"And what is it to you?" He finally replied and shifted his position again, with his chin up defiantly. Suddenly it was my ears that were heating up.

"It's Chaerin. No one touches Chaerin." I said, but damn it, my voice came out all unsteady.

"And whoever said that?" He ran his fingers through his hair, and looking at his perfect hair, I suddenly really wished that I had brushed my hair this morning.

"I did." Not liking where this is going, my ego pumped itself up and steadied out my voice. "And I'm saying it now."

"And who are you to Chaerin to make such a statement?" His voice was as steady as mine. "Or actually more so, who is Chaerin to YOU, for you to make such a statement?"

The argument was lost. I had no answers to neither of those questions, I wanted to punch myself for being such an arrogant jerk. Yeah who was I? And also, who was she to me anyway? I couldn't decide, and I am not brave enough to face my feelings, but yet here I am, acting all alpha male when I couldn't even give her or myself a proper promise as to how I felt. I was defeated. In face of Soohyuk's brazened questions, I was a coward.

"Jiyong, I'm sorry, please drop that look." Soohyuk's voice suddenly cutted in my thoughts and I felt his hand on my shoulder. "I didn't mean to be such a jerk, it's just..." I looked up, and I saw not Soohyuk, who had his chin up and defiant towards my anger, but I saw Soohyuk, my friend. And there was a relief to my heart, but also along came a bigger worry, because I knew, it's Soohyuk. The good man, the one that gives his all to everything that he loves, the one that looks like a painting, the one that all of us in the gang would introduce our sisters to, it was this Soohyuk, that had taken interest in Chaerin. Seeing my expression, which is probably something twisted in between anger and sorrow, he sighed and continued.

"Let's just say, whatever it is that you're feeling for her, I feel it too." He squeezed my shoulders and passed my towels and shower essentials to me, with a sad smile he continued. "She's important to me too."

But Soohyuk, you've got it wrong. You've faced your feelings, and I still cannot. I am a coward.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa!! Two chapters in one day?! Hahaha, hope you guys liked it :D I was suffering from a bit of an insomnia, so I decided to write yet another chapter!! In this one, our dear third main character has made his appearance! Our handsome Lee Soohyuk shi!!!
I've always thought he and CL made a good couple, especially on the 20's award show, the way he looked at her was so...... suspicious! Sorry to those of you who were expecting some skydragon moments, I just had to introduce Soohyuk early on so that the plot can start turning and twisting!! ;D

How do you guys like it so far? Once again, please leave comments, for they're like little pieces of treasures to me! Though my spring break is ending (BOOOO) I will still try to update frequently! So stay tuned!! You guys are awesome!! =^.^=