What Am I To You?

If I Were You, My Good Girl.

 

I quickly pulled on a simple heathered grey sweater and a pair of ripped black jeans, not fussing with accessories and just focusing on putting serum into my hair to get it ready for the shoot. As I started to pack my bag for the day, I glanced across the room at the mirror out of habit. 

"Ugh." I muttered at my makeup-free face, had I looked like this the whole morning? Small eyes, bare lips, and random skin imperfections. It's no wonder Jiyong oppa only thinks of me as a little sister, I mean, to think of the amount of gorgeous girls he sees on a daily basis... Of course I wouldn't be considered romantically... But honestly I really wasn't in the mood to dress up today, especially after what happened yesterday, I wish I can just curl up at home and have a relaxing hangout with Jiyong oppa...

"What are you thinking?!" I exclaimed out loud mid thought and smacked my hand to my forehead. "You're shooting a cover for Vogue, and you're whining about hanging out with a guy that probably has a waiting list of girls to cuddle with... Come on, Lee Chaerin, it's time to be CL today." I muttered to myself, shocked by my own weak stupidity I hastened my packings, picked up my chrome hearts converse sneakers, and hustled out the door.

"Ah, Chaerinnie, are you ready to go?" Soohyuk oppa was sitting on the sofa by the stairs, and turned around to ask as I was walking down the stairs. I glanced around and saw that Jiyong oppa was no where in sight.

"Yeah! Did Jiyong oppa leave already?" I asked as Soohyuk oppa stood up to greet me.

"Nah, he's still in the shower." Soohyuk oppa answered while he took my bags off me without a word, and when he saw my shocked expression, he just smiled. "I'm not robbing you, don't stare at me like that."

"Thank you, I'm just not used to being treated like a lady." I laughed. "I mean, what with my scary image and all."

"I think it's just because you've never met a gentleman." Soohyuk oppa shrugged naturally.

"Haha! Well, I do work in YG, and chivalry isn't really part of the whole hip hop packaged deal." I laughed again at his disapproving face. "Alright, let's go before that guy comes out of the shower and hears this, he'll being throwing a fit." I began putting on my shoes.

"You're just gonna leave him in your house alone?" Soohyuk oppa asked with a surprised expression.

"Yeah, it's not like he'll want to steal anything. We pretty much own the same things anyway." I replied and walked to the door. "I'll just leave him one of the spare keys in his shoes."

"...Lucky bastard."

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm just envious of your relationship with Jiyong. It's really special." Soohyuk oppa smiled with a sigh and held the door open for me.

"Yeah well, he is my like my brother after all." I walked out as well and locked the door, then turned to look at Soohyuk oppa when he didn't say anything. His face was in a very weird expression, with down turned eyebrows and a smile. Like a smiling disbelief. "What?" I asked, alarmed by his slightly offensive expression.

"No, it's just..." He chuckled, holding in laughter. It was starting offend me, he was laughing as if I said something stupid. I put my hands on my hips. "Nothing, I--" He burst into laughter and bent over while holding his stomach.

"What?! Why are you laughing at me?!" He just continued lauging so I eventually resorted to smacking him on his arm.

"Oh Chaerin, you are one piece of work." He finally straightened up, his hair tousled with laughter. "Kwon Jiyong, who can get any woman within 4 feet radius into his bed, is your brother."

"'Like' my brother, and I'm not just any woman." I rolled my eyes as we continued walking toward his car.

"No you're not," He ran his fingers through his hair. "Maybe that's why you have so many epic oppas in your shadows protecting you."

"I'd rather they not, I'll never get asked out with them lurking around like that." I turned my eyes away from Soohyuk oppa's dazzling face, his pale skin almost shining under the sun, his dark hair slightly disheveled, figure towering over me with broad shoulders and long arms, and his face still stained with laughter. He really is a top model after all, and I'm pretty sure he can get any woman within 4 feet radius of him into his bed as well.

"Oh? So am I your lurking oppa today?" He raised an eyebrow as he opened the passenger door of his car for me.

"Sorry, I don't take gentlemen for oppas." I smiled and stepped in the car. "You can qualify as knight though."

"It is my honor to be of service, m'lady." He took a bow and strode elegantly back to the driver side. "Now, off to mt. Vogue!"

I laughed as we drove off, and I realized I've laughed more in the last 10 minutes than I had the entire yesterday and this morning. It felt as though the dark clouds of yesterday dissolved as I sat in Soohyuk oppa's clean and tidy Jeep, it was as if the presence of him cleansed away all the blurry feelings I had this morning. And I suddenly felt like today, was going to be okay.

 

===Jiyong's POV===

 

I stood still as the cold water poured over my head and onto my body, hoping it'll somehow magically clear away all of my worries. The way Soohyuk looked as he told me how Chaerin is important to him is still embeded in my mind... That certainty and fearlessness... The more I thought of it, the more flustered I become, and even the icy cold water felt steaming hot against my skin.

"Damn it!" I grunted and punched the wall, then quickly washed my hair and got out of the shower. As I stand in front of the mirror, drying my hair with a guest towel, I glanced upon the counter. Of course this was the guest bathroom, but there were still a few of Chaerin's things scattered on it, probably brought down from upstairs when she was in a hurry. I picked up a hair serum and examined it, without thinking I squeezed some out and rubbed it into my own hair. The smell instataneously filled the room, the smell of Chaerin's hair... "And now you're officially a creep." I sighed. With a heavy heart, I set it down and continued to dress.

"Lucky bastard..."

As soon I stepped out of the bathroom, I hear Soohyuk's voice muttering under his breath and the sound of the door closing. I soon walked to the door, hoping to at least see Chaerin off, and as I reached for the door knob...

"What?" Chaerin's voice.

"Nothing, I'm just envious of your relationship with Jiyong. It's really special." damn right it is.

"Yeah well, he is my like my brother after all."

I froze at the sound of Chaerin's nonchalant voice saying those words, and it was cruelly followed by the sound of Soohyuk's laughter. As their voices drifted away I leaned against the doorframe. Why did my heart freeze at that? Didn't she always call me "big brobro"? What was I expecting? I ran my hands through my damp hair and grimaced. As I tilted my head up, I see the white leather sofa in the living room, the exact same model as the black one at my house, a multicolored blanket draped neatly over the back, the one we bought together in Paris, even the slippers stacked neatly next to the door were the same as the ones I have at home, random cheap ones we've bought at a night market in Taiwan... Perhaps it's because of all this, that it raised my expectations... Anyone who's seen our house would've guessed we were lovers, a couple with the same taste in everything, but to her I was only like a brother, and to me she was...

"Nan nappeun gizibe, nan nan nappeun gizibe..."

As if clashing thunder, her ringtone shocked me out of my daze. I ran and grabbed the phone.

"Chaerin-ah?" I cleared my throat.

"Oppa! I knew you'd be done by about now, see I'm psychic too!" Her voice sounded bright and bubbly, infectious even through the phone, it lifted the corners of my lips as well.

"I've been done for at least 5 minutes now, you gotta work on your accuracy!" I smiled.

"Well, I gave you some cushion time for your beauty routine, you looked like crap this morning." She laughed, sounding like angels singing.

"Hey, I'm an all natural pretty boy!" I smiled as well, ignoring the effect she had on my heart with her laugh.

"'Hey pretty boy, you ain't got nothing on me!'" She laughed again and recited the lyrics of the 2NE1 song Pretty Boy. She was laughing an awful lot. "Well, I was just calling to tell you that I left the keys in your shoe."

"Of course." I answered matter-of-factly, she always left the keys in my shoes when I'm left alone at her house. Just as I thought it weird of her to call just to remind me of this obvious tradition we have, I hear Soohyuk's low chuckle from the other end.

"See, oppa? I told you he'd know." Chaerin's voice giggled. A shuffling sound. And a sound of a snap.

"Ow!! You didn't have to flick that hard!" Soohyuk's low voice, "Your knight's poor ear won't be able to hear your orders!!"

"Oh come on, it is a knight's duty to entertain his lady!" Chaerin's voice mischiveously laughed. I could feel heat flowing from the top of my crown down to my toes. My ears felt like it was on fire. "Sorry, Jiyong oppa, it's because Soohyuk oppa didn't believe me that you would know I'd put the keys in your shoes, so we made a bet." Chaerin said after a moment of silence from me.

"Oh we're here." Soohyuk's low voice sounded off from a distance, and then suddenly close. "Hey Jiyong-ah, if the shoot's over quickly, which I think it'll be, Chaerinnie's pro enough," Chaerin's proud chuckle sounded off right next to Soohyuk's voice. "we'll go over to the company, and let's have dinner together, yeah?"

I stayed silent.

"Oppa?" Chaerin's voice, sounding slightly worried..

"Sure." I answered and hung up. A tornado of emotions swirled in me, and thoughts flooded endlessly.

I should've been the one to take her to the shoot, it should've been Yanggeng who came to give me my clothes, it should be me next to her and listening to her laughter... But no, it's not me. I could've insisted on taking her, but I recoiled. I could've just go and buy new clothes, or not even bother with my old clothes, but I was too used to Chaerin's babysitting me. I could've made her laugh... Wait... A dangerous concoction of thoughts and emotions rose in my heart.

Chaerin must have laughed more in this conversation than the entire time she was with me since yesterday. A pang of jealousy. 
Soohyuk, the good man, still invited me to have dinner with them when he could've had it alone with Chaerin. A surge of guilt and defeat.
The image of Chaerin flicking Soohyuk's ear. Them placing a bet over me. Pure anger.

Soohyuk being dubbed as "knight"...

- - -deng deng deng- - -

Chaerin: "Oppa, the shoot is near that coffee shop you like. I'll bring a cup of black to you after the shoot. Looking forward to dinner~"

Chaerin: "You do still like your coffee black with 2 shots of caramel syrup right?"

Chaerin has sent you a sticker.

Like thunder again, the LINE message flashed on my phone, I opened it to see her LINE sticker of herself, giving me the thumbs up.

Like magic, she crumbles me again. So easily swaying me into a black hole of raging emotions, and so simply dragging me out into the light with just a few texts...

I closed my eyes. Lee Chaerin, what are you to me? To usurp such an uproar in myself? But a new fear has settled in...

What am I to you?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gahd. Yes I am still alive... I am soooo sorry for the absurdly long period of delay, it's just sometimes life happens, and I find myself not having the time or the heart to write stories... Which is saddening, and also because I've lost a lot of inspiration after our King and Queen seemingly to have stopped interacting! But still I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to the people who stayed subscribed, and WELCOME to anyone who is just stepping into this story. You guys bring light into my life, you're all awesome sauces. Thank you so much again.

Also, I am actually on quite a long break from school, so I will try to write more now (been recently inspired again after putting 2NE1's Crush album on replay) But I'm not making any promises, 'cause I'd hate to break them. But I really will try. So PLEASE!! Won't you stayyy with me~~ And please leave comments, for they really are what gets me going. Thank you all so much! God bless you!