If I Were You, My Good Girl

If I Were You, My Good Girl.

The moon hangs low outside my window as I took another swig of my second bottle of chardonnay. I stare before me an empty screen, silently urging me to fill it with words that add up to lyrics. If it were just any damn song, I'd have been done by now, but no, she herself had to show up in my face with those eyes and that smile to request me for a song for their new album.

One day I was just having some alone time in the studio with tweaking out some rough edges in a few songs that I've put together for Big Bang, and out of nowhere, I smell her scent, a dark rosey scent mixed with soft sugary notes that perfectly compliment her y but sweet image, floating in the room. Without even turning, I knew she was trying to sneak up on me, so I decided to take the offense.

"Yes, Chaerin?"

"Tisk! Why can't you just let me scare you?!" She snapped.

"And feign surprise? That wouldn't be very satisfying, now would it?" I turned around to see her putting her hands on her hips and a friendly pout on her lips. She was wearing a black fitted sweater, black leather jeans, and a black hat to top it all off, with pin straight hair that waterfalled down her shoulders. It would seem as though she just came from a meeting, judging by the way she dressed, casual, but not sloppy, and with a slight hint of makeup to show respect. She looked like she walked out of a closet from a photoshoot, that's my fashionable Hunchae. "Just came back from a meeting?"

"How did you know?!" formed in a small "o", and her eyes were huge with shock as she sat down next to me.

"I know everything, Lee Chaerin! I know everything!" I shook my finger at her while smiling, I know everything about YOU at least, I think. "So what are you here for? I take it that you're not here just for my prophecies?"

"Well, Jingyo oppa--" She then flashed a big smile, it was no fair, my heart jerked.

"Ahhh~!! Nothing good ever comes of 'Jingyo oppa'!! Don't say it!!" I waved my hands and stuck my headphones back on.

"Aish!! Let me finish! You know I won't go anywhere without finishing my sentences!" She laughed, and that was not fair either, my heart lurched.

"Can't hear, can't hear~" I sang, adding a few whistles to maximize the performance.

"Oppa!!" She then snatched the headphones off of my head, temporarily inking the air around me with her perfume, I was too alarmed to react. And before I can make any comebacks, she whacked her tiny hands on the sides of my face and turned my entire head around to face her. It was violent, but it was Chaerin, so it was aegyo at its finest. "Listen, I'm asking you this because I trust you."

"You're scaring me." She really was, both regarding the subject at hand, and regarding my frail heart at the touch of her hands.

"Don't be, or actually, yes, be scared." She chuckled and then winked at me. That was beyond any type of fairness, my heart grew a heart of its own and started madly dancing with each other. "I want you to write a song for us. For the new 2NE1 album, Teddy oppa said he wanted this album to have many different flavors that will last for a long time, and I'm already in charged with writing 4 songs. So I thought, who else but G Dragon can bring out all the personalities of 2NE1, and at the same time write an epic song? So here I am, asking you, or well, ordering you to do it. So do it well, oppa, I'm counting on you!" Then she quickly hugged me and dashed out of the room.

I recall being very strangled with emotions that day.

First problem, it was not an easy task to write a 2NE1 song. They are not just any ordinary girl groups that can settle with a pop song that is catchy, they strive for songs that speaks to the soul, and ingrained in the mind. And that, is not an easy task as in of itself.

Second problem, Teddy wanted different flavors. And from what I've heard, Chaerin has already written a dozen demos for the album, not to mention Choice's and Teddy's, so I am all that is left, the outsider flavor. So definitely not something simple for this song, it'll have to be stamped with GD all over it. And songs like that aren't made out of effort, there has to be inspirations. The good news is, I can think of a source of inspiration... but that brings us to the last problem.

Third problem, Lee Chaerin asked for this. She never asked me for songs before. It was always I who offered songs to her, or to Teddy, thinking it was better fit for the girls to sing rather than myself or the others in YG. And she is EXTREMELY picky, even when it comes to the songs Teddy or I write, because she's a good leader and she knows how each member will perform in those songs. But this time, she herself personally, not in a meeting, came to me in her own private time, to request a song for this new album, of which she treats as her own first born child.

I'm not saying I'm intimidated... Okay, I am intimidated.

How do I start the song? What type of song does she want? A slow type? A fast catchy type? A mid-tempo? A sad song? A retro style song? Most importantly... What did she want from me? She knows my lyrics are all basically a letter to myself or someone special, who did she want me to write to? Or more so, what did she want to see?

So honestly, I've put off writing this song for quite a while now, even though I do have an overall idea of a theme, but as with all my songs that I have put heart into, I wanted to weave in a secret within the lyrics... but I don't even know the secret myself, for I don't know how I feel for the subject of my secret. Lee Chaerin, my fellow YG leader queen, my sister, my best friend, my... 

"Oh Lee Chaerin, just who the heck are you?" I asked the nightsky, hoping the stars might answer me, but instead the moon smiles its coy grin, as if taunting my self inflicted frustration. Instead I take another gulp of alcohol and hope it washes away all my worries and doubts.

Her smile flashes before my eyes, the flip of her hair, tossed so perfectly to one side as she looked at me with innocent eyes... She is beautiful. For so long, I had hoped it would never show, but as she grows older, it has become undeniable, and definitely unmistakably noticed by others.

But she was my hunchae, those crescent eye smiles were my treasures to hold, that perfect smile was my own guilty pleasure, but now she is so well noticed by men everywhere we go, it almost makes me want to punch every guy that looks at her.

She may believe it's because that guys think she is scary was the reason as to why no men ever approach her, but according to Youngbae, I have a certain " face" when I'm with her in public. I didn't even know, but I do recall Gayo Daejun, that wretched event, it is basically a giant idol dating scout festival!! Gathering all those romance deprived idols together, and giving them the opportunity to really check one another out, they might as well pass the WGM brochures out to everyone there!! The way the boy idols looked at Chaerin... it's as if they saw gold sprouting out of dirt. I couldn't help it, as a good oppa, I took Youngbae along and stood behind her, and if anyone tried to strike up conversation with her, they'll have to have the balls to go through Youngbae and I.

What I loathed the most was that, she was always beautiful, but only as of late has men ever taken attention of her. It always used to be Dara nuna and Bom nuna that took the heavy hits, but now, it's all about y CL... I wish she'd stop wearing those shorts. Or at least only wear them when I'm around... I'm going mad, this chardonnay is definitely not doing me any good...

- - -deng deng deng- - -

My phone flashed, I took a glance at it, it was a LINE message. Only people of importance knew my private LINE account. It was 2 in the morning, and I was really not in the mood to be caught in a chat.

"Arghhhh!!" I slammed my hands to my forehead and went under an inner turmoil as to whether or not to read the screen carefully. Then I thought, well it's not like this empty screen and chardonnay's doing much for company, why the hell not. And I snatched my phone up and squinted at the bright screen.

Chaerin: "Oppa, are you free right now?"

I rubbed my eyes, thinking that I've truly gone mad with this dumb chardonnay, but before I even removed my hand from my eyes, the phone rang again with the LINE tone, I immediately opened my eyes to face reality. It's probably just Yanggeng.

Chaerin: "I want to go out, take me?"

I sat there, trying to force my brain to work through the alcohol, yes, it is not that crazy that Chaerin wants to hangout, she often does. But it is not typical for her to text only me, she usually talks in our LINE group of all of us in the gang when she wants to go somewhere. Also she usually has a destination, a reason, and a purpose behind every hangout request, never just "I want to go out". Lastly, it IS 2 in the morning, and she should be dead tired what with the overpacked meetings for the new album. And maybe I'm simply in shock because here I was, being a sick drunkard and thinking about her, and she practically knocked me out of my thoughts with this... this... 

"Nan nappeun gizibe, nan nan nappeun gizibe..." 

Before I can even finish my thought, my phone started ringing, and it was her ringtone, out of reflex I tossed my phone out of my hands and onto the desk, not without knocking a few empty bottles over.But as soon as I came to my senses, I was worried. This isn't like her. Something is wrong. I immediately grabbed the phone and answered it.

"Chae-ah?" I cleared my throat the best I could and muttered her name.

"Oppa, you really should stop drinking alone at night." Her voice was sarcastic and playful, I calmed down, at least no immediate danger was at hand.

"I wasn't drinking, and who says I'm alone?" I replied, hoping to elicit some sort of minor jealous response from her.

"Your voice is crap, and you would never pick up my calls if you weren't 'alone' at 2 in the morning." I could practically hear her rolling her eyes over the phone, that's my Chaerin, never jealous and rational. Though I'm pretty sure I would pick up her calls any time of day, regardless of how "alone" I was.

"Fine, you caught me, so what, do you want to be my drinking buddy?" I laughed.

-Silence-

I was shocked, I know she barely drinks, only at parties, and only light alcohol such as cocktails. So I said that only out as a joke, but the silence had me worried again, I opened my mouth to say I was joking but...

"Should I?" Her voice was a mixture of a mischevious tone and a slight hint of seriousness. And I knew this mixture well. She is upset, by what I do not know, but she only becomes like this when she is upset. That sort of almost too casual tone mixed with odd replies only comes out of her when she is deeply upset, but too proud to show it. It was as if her alterego CL comes out to defend her softer sweeter Chaerin side, a fearless queen that can take it all on, and parties away her sadness. But I know Chaerin, she would never want to drink out of sorrow, especially not alone with me.

"Where are you?" I asked, already grabbing my keys and my coat.

"Home." Her voice cracked. My heart froze.

"I'm coming." And I dashed out the door.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is the first chapter!! I don't know how, but somehow I just started the story in Jiyong's perspective, since "If I Were You, My Good Girl" is a title mostly written as a thought in Jiyong's head. But I kinda just took it and ran with it, through this chapter you can really see the impact Chaerin has on Jiyong, and hwo he is still sort of confused as to how he feels about her. Hopefully it'll begin to clear up with the next chapter where they meet up ;D
It is a bit long of a chapter, hope that is alright with you guys, and hopefully you've enjoyed yourself up until now, and if you did, please comment to tell me about your thoughts or anything you want to say about this story or the skydragon ship!! I would love to read them! And your comments are all encouragements for me to do more!! Hope you're all having a lovely spring, have a nice day!! =^.^=