The sad truth

Unrequited Love

“The food was delicious, wasn’t it Hyung?” Youngjae was looking at Yongguk who barely said a word in the restaurant. Youngjae tried to light up the mood. Yongguk was walking alone at the back of the group. When he looked up Youngjae was beside him and looked at him wondering. “Ah, dae it was delicious.”
“Hyung, can I ask you something? But please don’t be offended with my question?”
Yongguk was surprised by this question but said honestly “Huh? Oh ok. Ask me. I will be honest with you and I will not be offended. Don’t worry. “
How could I be ever mad at you? 
“Are you unhappy with me as your roommate here? Do you want to stay with Himchan or Zelo? Don’t worry I will not be mad or something. I know they are your friends and you have a better connection with them. But honestly I thought we can become closer while we are here in Japan.” Youngjae shyly looked down.
Yongguk was startled with this straightforward question. But the thought that Youngjae want to become closer friends with Yongguk made the leader happy.
With sincerity and a soft gaze in his eyes he answered “I would be honored to become closer to you, Youngjae. You are the dongsaeng who makes me always smile and makes me feel good when I’m too worried about unnecessary things. And I will be always grateful to you.”
The younger man stopped his walking and looked at his leader. These words were really moving and he was really touched by his honesty. He knew that Yongguk was not a man with a lot of words and he barely speaks about his feelings for s. So he knew how important this answer was. With teary eyes he said “Oh Hyung, I don’t know what to say. Thank you!” With these words Youngjae gave Yongguk a hug.  Puzzled but happy and quite in shock Yongguk couldn’t reply the hug at first but then slowly his arms surrounded Youngjae’s back.
“You’re welcome.” Yongguk whispered softly with his deep voice on Youngjae’s neck.
“Hey guys, are you shooting a drama or what? Aren’t you coming? Yah, do you have a date or what?” Himchan was yelling at the two men hugging.
Youngjae shouted happily “We’re coming hyung, don’t be jealous.” Daehyun stood behind Himchan and was frowning.

 

Back in the rooms, the members were unpacking their stuff. Himchan was thinking of what to wear in the next morning. Zelo were listening to some music. Daehyun and Jongup were watching a drama together. Yongguk was lying in the bed and was composing some new songs, while Youngjae were zapping through some channels.
“Hyung, do you like someone these days?”
“Bo? What? Why this sudden question?"
“Well, just thinking, you are different these days.”
Youngjae was looking at his leader with curiosity. In the last weeks Yongguk changed somehow. All the members were wondering what was happening. Youngjae was always the bold one and he knew how he could talk with his leader.
“You are right. I changed.... I changed because I like someone….” There, I said it.
Yongguk sighed in relief. It was refreshing to say that he liked someone. Not only someone but one of .
“Woah, really? That’s awesome. Is it one from a girl group? Someone from A-Pink maybe or some actress?”    
“No, not a girl group and no actress. I like someone else.”
“Then who do you like Hyung? Who is it? Can’t you tell me?”
Yongguk was starring at his hands. Out of nervousness he bit on his lips. He looked slowly up and faced a curious looking Youngjae.
Slowly with sad eyes he said ”You. I like you, Youngjae.”