Control

Being Human

Note: COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! Please, you ? :D Thank you!!

_________________________________________________________________________

Bom walked around the warehouse, looking at all of the trinkets and weird gadgets Top harbored. She was looking at everything like a kid at the zoo. There were so many things that Bom had never seen before, so many cool instrument things that she never knew existed. They all intrigued her. Meanwhile, Top was sitting at his desk again, trying to figure out how to kill the beasts. He was drawn away from his work when he heard Bom suddenly scream. “Ahhhh!” Top ran over to her in a panic.

 

    “What? What’s wrong?”

 

    “R-rat! There’s a freaking rat!”

 

    Bom pointed at the corner of the room. Top looked over and saw a small little mouse cleaning itself. He chuckled and rolled his eyes. He just could believe that such a supposedly badass cop was scared of mice. “First off, it’s not a rat. It’s a mouse. And secondly, how can you be a cop if you’re scared of a little rodent?”

 

    “Sh-shut up! I just really hate rodents.”

 

    “You’re never fail to amuse me, Park Bom.” He laughed and shook his head as he went to catch the mouse in a container.

 

    “W-well I’m glad I can entertain you, oh Great One.”

 

    Top winked and took the mouse out of the warehouse. Bom sighed and sat down on the couch and went back to staring at everything when something caught her eye. She walked to the table and noticed a bunch of papers scattered everywhere. Among the papers was a new article with Dara’s picture on it. “Damn, Dara. Jiyong must really be obsessed with you to keep this.” Bom muttered under her breath.

 

    She continued to look through the papers until she came across articles of SM. Bom frowned when she read something about Animal-Human Cross DNA. She read through the report, curious to find more about Jiyong and those beasts. Halfway through, she got confused and decided to throw it aside. She was just about to sit down again but something else caught her attention. Underneath the stack of papers was a crumpled and slightly torn photograph. Bom took it out and her eyes widened upon seeing the photo.

 

    She dropped the photo on the ground and covered with her hand. Bom slowly backed away from the table and fell to the ground. The photograph was of Jiyong, he had been strapped down to a chair and had something injected into him but that wasn’t the startling part. In the photo, the one who had done it was Dara’s mother. “Hey, Bom…” Top walked into the room but stopped when he saw Bom in her state.

 

    “Hey! What’s wrong? Bom?”

 

    He kneeled down beside her and tried to read her eyes but he saw nothing but confusion mixed with fear. He looked away to where Bom was looking and his eyes narrowed seeing the damn photograph. “...Bom...Bom, it’s ok. Just listen to me alright…”

 

    “Why...why is Dara’s mom in that photo? What the hell was she doing there, Top?!” Bom’s voice shook.

 

    “Bom…”

 

    “Does Jiyong know? Does...does Dara know?!”

 

    “No. Bom, please…”

    

    “Oh, God...I need to tell her. I can’t believe Jiyong has been keeping this from her!”

 

    Bom got up and ran to grab her phone on the desk. However, Top intervened and held onto her, staring at her intently. “Bom, listen to me...Dara can’t know, ok? This needs to be kept a secret!”

 

    “She has the right to know, Top! It’s her mother! She’s been going crazy trying to find out the answers to why her mother was murdered by SM...this can finally put her at ease.”

 

    “You honestly think that telling Dara her mom worked with SM will help her sleep at night? Do you honestly believe this will help her at all?! You’re not thinking straight, Bom!”

 

    “She deserves to know! I can’t keep something like this from her!”

 

    “Bom---”

 

    “What’s going on?” Jiyong stepped into the room and noticed the tension in the air. He eyed the two, trying to figure out what was happening. He then saw the photo and clenched his jaw before shutting his eyes tightly. “…”

 

    “Jiyong, you have to tell Dara! She needs to know about this!”

 

    “NO! I-I can’t. This won’t help her at all. Trust me…”

 

    “But…”

 

    “Bom…” Top warned.

 

    “If you’re not going to tell her, then I will.” Bom yanked her arm away from Top and started walking away.

 

    However, Jiyong raised his hand and waved it, causing Bom to fly back onto the couch. She tried to stand up but it was like she was being held down by an invisible force. She looked at Jiyong and glared. “Wha---what the hell? How did you do that?”

 

    “It’s one of the Super abilities SM gave me. Bom, you can’t tell Dara. She can never know about this, do you understand?”

 

    “Why? Why are you keeping this from her?”

 

    “Because...I’m trying to protect her from getting hurt. If she knew about this, she’ll be crushed. If she knew her own mother was responsible for turning me into what I am...if she knew…” Jiyong trailed off and pressed his fingers to his temples.

 

    “But if she knew...she would stop wondering. At least she’ll know the truth.”

 

    “Tell me honestly, Bom...how would you feel if your own mother was responsible for turning another human being into a monster? Would you be able to live with that?”

 

    Bom bit her lip and looked away. Jiyong had a point but telling Dara was the right thing to do…wasn’t it? “Wait...is that why you’ve been watching over her all this time?”

 

    “Yes...so that she never finds out the truth. SM killed her mother because they had no use for her anymore…Even though I felt bitterness toward her mother for doing this to me, I...that night I saw her mother get killed and Dara being hunted...I knew that I had to protect her so that she wouldn’t get caught up with SM’s .”

 

    “Well, maybe she’ll understand…”

 

    “Do you really believe that? You and I both know that Dara looked up to her mom and thought of her as a kind woman who SAVED lives. That’s the memory of her I’m trying to preserve for Dara...not someone who lied to her and was responsible for creating monsters! Don’t you think Dara deserves that? Don’t thinks she deserves to continue think of the woman who raised her as nothing short of perfect and a hero?”

 

    Bom gave in and nodded. Yes, Dara deserved to think of her Mother they was she always thought of her. If she knew her mom was anything but what she thought she was, it would destroy her. Top sat beside Bom and took her hand. “So you’ll keep this as secret, right? You won’t tell Dara?”

 

    “No...but Jiyong, how do you live with this? Doesn’t it...bother you to lie to her like this?”

 

    “It kills me to lie to her but I don’t want her to get hurt…”

 

    “I understand… how did all of this happen exactly? How did you get involved with all of this?”

 

    Jiyong’s eyes darkened. “The short version is SM killed my sister and I went after them to avenge her death but they captured me instead and turned me into a monster. Now they’re after me and because Dara is connected to her mother who is connected to SM, they’re after her, too. That’s why I have to protect her. She think she can protect herself but she’s no match for SM. They will destroy her...like they destroyed me…”

 

(Lift Me up By Mree- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbTnYWyjx-E&list=FLLOl7gdsOZEgBAF7h1_Fa1Q )

 

    Bom saw pain flash in eyes and felt guilty for ever thinking of him as a criminal. He really did have a good heart. Just as she was about to apologize, he turned into a blur and disappeared. She hung her head low and covered her face with her hands. “Hey, are you alright?” Top asked, worried.

 

    “I-I din’t know about all that. How could someone do that to him? How could Dara’s mom do that to him?”

 

    “There’s a lot of things in this world that don’t make sense...but now you understand. Jiyong’s a good guy, it’s just that a lot of bad things have happened to him but that doesn’t make him bad. Honestly, I’d gladly follow him to Hell.”

 

    Bom looked up and saw a certain admiration in Top’s eyes. He was really loyal to his friends and that’s something Bom really valued. Loyalty. She smiled slightly. “How long have you known Jiyong?”

 

    “Oh, for years.” Top smiled. “I’ve known him ever since we were five. He’s my best friend and we’ve always been there for each other. And that’s why even though SM did this to him, he’s still my best friend from back then. I remember when he came to me after he had escaped from SM. I thought he was ing crazy but then he showed me his ‘beast’ side and at first I was a little afraid of him but there was really nothing to be afraid of because I knew he wouldn’t hurt me and even after all this time, he’s never hurt me. Not really anyway…”

 

    “What was he like before?”

 

    “He was very happy, very popular with the ladies, I have to say. But what girl wouldn’t fall for an amazing guy like him? He was just an all around great guy and being a doctor was just a bonus for him.”

 

    Bom nudged him playfully. “Don’t tell me you have a thing for Jiyong!”

 

    “Ew! Hell no! I’m straight! I’m the definition of straight! I’m just saying that Jiyong was a really great guy. But SM was cruel and took all that away from him...the day SM attacked his sister’s work place, he lost everything. SM...destroyed the man he once was and replaced him with this dark, hollow guy who can’t even show his face out in public without the possibility of getting shot or hunted. Yet...he’s risking everything for Dara…”

 

    “Do he...have feelings for her?”

 

    “He...battles with that thought a lot actually. You see, I think he wants to be able to feel for Dara but at the same time he can’t get close because it would be too dangerous. It’s hard for him...he has all this power and he’s practically immortal but what’s the point of all that if you can’t have what you want because of that? So, instead he protects her and watches over her.”

 

    “I see. Well, knowing Dara she probably wouldn’t accept him even if he did confess. She has commitment issues and she kind of doesn’t like dealing with feelings.”

 

    “And you?” Top stared at her warmly causing her to blush.

 

    “I guess we’re on the same boat. I don’t believe in marriage or commitment like that. I hate the flowers, the dress, the stupid promises...they’re all so pointless. Nothing lasts forever, so why bother? It’s a complete scam anyway…in the end, you get hurt and happens.”

 

    “I think you and Dara are the only girls I know that feel that way. Why? Haven’t you ever loved someone before?”

 

    Bom smiled. “There was a time when I thought I did...I thought we were in love but it was all a lie. We lasted for two years and in the end he ended up cheating on me with another girl. Ever since then, I thought it was pointless to waste time with relationships when all guys will just cheat you, mistreat you, and leave you. I’ve only gone on small dates, nothing really serious… And I’ve always ended it before it got too far.”

 

    “It must be tiring to push people away like that. Not all guys are like that…”

 

    Top gripped onto her hand gently. Bom stared at their hands and frowned. She didn’t understand why he was being this way or why her heart was beating so fast. She gasped when Top tilted her chin up to make her look at him. “Whoever that guy was, he was an and he didn’t deserve you in the first place. If I was him...I would’ve never treated you like that.”

 

    “Top…”

 

    Top smiled and gently kissed her forehead.

-----------------------------------

 

Dara’s Apartment

3:00 AM

 

    Dara laid in her bed, unable to sleep. She couldn’t stop thinking about what Il Woo had said. She shouldn’t have let his feelings for her get so far. She should’ve just ended it while she could. Now he was acting like some psychotic, overprotective boyfriend… but he wouldn’t actually kill Jiyong, would he? He was just angry and said stupid things...right? But in the back of her mind, she knew he was serious and he was going to do everything and anything to bring Jiyong down. However, she wasn’t going to let that happen. She was going to protect Jiyong but because he was always saving her and now it was her turn to return the favor.

 

    A knock on the window caused her to jump. She quickly grabbed her gun from her bedside table and pointed it at the window. She relaxed when she saw that it was only Jiyong. Dara sighed and put the gun down before walking over to the window to open it. “Jiyong? What are you doing here?”

 

    “I just came to check on you...are you ok? How’s your shoulder? Did you get it treated?”

 

    “Um…”

 

    Jiyong sighed and grabbed her arm. He examined the poorly wrapped injury and shook his head, very displeased. “This won’t do.”

 

    He hopped into her room and the lamp before going over to her bathroom. She raised a brow when he came back with a wet towel, a bottle of whiskey, rubbing alcohol, and gauze. “You need to get that properly treated.”

 

    “It’s perfectly fine, Jiyong.”

 

    “Actually it’s not. It’s obviously not cleaned, that wrapping is going to fall off soon, and your bandage is wet, which will cause your wounds to get wet and eventually to get infected. So no, it’s not ok.”

 

    “You must’ve been a pushy doctor.”

 

    Jiyong rolled his eyes. “I was very patient. But that was before I turned into a beast and lost my human compassion.”

 

    Dara shook her head in disbelief. She was amazed how he could talk so casually about it. But he was wrong...he wasn’t a beast and he didn’t lose any human compassion. If that was the case, he wouldn’t be here making sure she was alright nor would he try to save people. She watched as he carefully unwrapped her bandages. She winced a bit. He copied her reaction as he stared at her wound. “It’s really not that bad…” Dara assured him.

 

    “These need stitches. Do you have a sewing kit?”

 

    “Are you seriously going to stitch me up here?!”

 

    “Yes? Just drink this,” He handed her the bottle of whiskey. “It should dull your senses enough. It’ll just feel like a little pinch.”

 

    Dara snatched the bottle out of his hands and started chugging it down. He chuckled slightly before cleaning out her wound. He worked skillfully in deep concentration. Even though Dara was barely sober, she could see the intense focus Jiyong had. She watched him as he grabbed a needle and thread from her kit and sat back down on the bed to stitch her up. “This may hurt a little bit. Just drink more if you need to.” Dara nodded. He looked at her for a brief moment before getting to work.

    

    After a moment passed, he finished up and cleaned up her stuff. Dara looked at him with droopy eyes, making Jiyong want to laugh but he held it in. He grabbed the gauze and wrapped it around her shoulder before cleaning up. Dara swayed back and forth as she sat up on her bed. Jiyong sat beside her and allowed her to lead against him. “How do you feel?”

 

    “I’m fine...how’re you?” Dara slurred.

 

    “Go to sleep, Dara. You’re drunk.”

 

    “I’m not drunk, silly.” She leaned into him more, inhaling his scent. “Mmm...you smell nice…”

 

    “Dara?”

 

    “You’re really cute. How could anyone think of you as a beast?”

 

    “Sleep, Dara. You’re seriously drunk.”

 

    “Sleep with me.”

 

    Jiyong stiffened when he felt her softly kiss his neck. He shut his eyes and clenched his hands into fists. He hissed when she slowly worked her way up to his ear and nibbled on it gently. “Dara….” He groaned.

 

    “Jiyong…”

 

    As soon as Dara said his name, he lost all self restraint. Jiyong growled and pushed her down onto the bed, pinning her under him. He leaned in a began kissing her neck, leaving no part untouched. Dara whimpered and gripped onto his hair. Suddenly, he felt himself slipping...with the adrenaline pumping through his veins, it triggered his beast side. His eyes flashed open and he pushed himself off of her. He faced away from her and looked at his reflection in the glass window. His eyes were gold, wild, and filled with desire he. “Damn it…” He cursed.

 

    Jiyong looked down at his hands and glared at the blackness of his veins. He hasn’t completely changed which was good but he was close…just a little more and he probably would’ve lost it. He closed his eyes and breathed to try and calm himself down. Once he felt calm, he opened his eyes again and he was back to normal. He looked over at Dara who had fallen asleep and sighed. He sat at the edge of the bed and reached out to brush a strand of hair behind her ear.

 

    Pain flashed in his eyes as he stared at her sleeping figure. She looked so fragile...so breakable. It was as if, if he touched her the wrong way, she would break. He touched her cheek gently, fighting off the urge to do more. “I can’t ever lose control around you, Dara. I...I can’t be with you that way. I’ll hurt you and I’d never be able to live with myself.”


    The veins in his hands started to run black again but he quickly withdrew them. He then leaned over to turn off the lights. As he propped the window open to leave, he looked at her one last time before disappearing into the night once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HEHEHE. Well there you go guys! A TOPBOM and a DARAGON moment. :) Hope you enjoyed! Please do comment and spread the word about this story! Thank you!!