Changed Pt.2

Being Human

Note: Hey guys! I'M BACK!...Sort of...I'm still in the process of healing so updates will be slow but I will do my best to update as often as I can. I hope you will continue to support me and my fics and understand my situation. :/ It's really not easy losing someone you love, family members especially. My grandmother was a HUGE part of me and now that part is gone and I feel empty. However, writing her helps me get through it and keeps me happy. So, thank you so much for all your support and love. Please do comment and subscribe! :) 

THANK YOU!

ps. really short chapter...sorry ><

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dara released a tired groan as she helped Top place Jiyong’s body on her couch. Bom was busy on her laptop trying to find anything on SM to see if there was any recent activity from them. “What exactly happened again?” Top panted.

 

    “We were just talking and then suddenly he began to change. But this time was different from the other times...this time it didn’t seem like he was in control of himself at all.”

 

    Top’s eyes flickered to her bandaged arm. Dara pulled her shirt sleeve down more to cover it, looking away. Top sighed and looked down at his best friend. “He did that to you, didn’t he?”

    

    “I-it was an accident. He wasn’t himself.”

 

    “I know but don’t worry. We’ll figure this out. We’ll bring the old Kwon Jiyong back, I promise. Now, let’s just get a sample of his blood and I’ll run it through my scanner.”

 

    Dara nodded and rolled up Jiyong’s sleeve. Top took a syringe out of his bag and quickly went to withdraw blood from Jiyong’s forearm. Dara noticed how heavily he was panting and how there were little beads of sweat forming on his creased forehead. His expression wasn’t a pleasant one. He looked...pained and sad.

 

    Gently, Dara placed a hand on his cheek and closed her eyes. She still couldn’t understand how someone could do this to him. How someone could be so vile as to change a man like Jiyong into something so horrible and make them endure so much pain and suffering? A few moments passed and soon a beeping sound was heard from Top’s laptop. Bom walked over to him as Dara lifted to her head to nod at him. “Looks like the results are in...and---” Top paused mid-sentence, his eyes wide.

 

    “What’s wrong? What is it, Top?”

 

    “Jiyong’s blood…it’s almost completely changed. It seems the ‘mutated’ DNA is destroying his human DNA. I-it’s almost like the monster inside of him is trying to possess him and he has no control over it at all.”

 

    “What? So does that mean if his ‘monster’ DNA takes over he’ll…”

 

    Dara shut her eyes tightly and clenched her jaw. She knew what it meant. She knew what all of this meant but she just couldn’t believe it. Why him? Out of all people, why him? She lifted her head up slowly and inhaled sharply. “It means that if the ‘monster’ DNA takes over...Jiyong will no longer be a human. He will no longer be Kwon Jiyong.”

 

    Silence filled the room at the realization. All eyes flickered to Jiyong’s body, anxious of what was to come next.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Jaejoong winced as he gripped onto the door frame of his room for support. He hadn’t felt this way in a long time. With work and everything that’s been going on lately, it seemed he forgot about reality for a moment. He forgot who he really was.

 

    He staggered and stumbled to his bathroom and brace himself against the sink before reaching to turn on the faucet. He scooped up some water and splashed it in his face to cool himself down. His blood had been raging lately, feeling like fire running through his veins. And it was all because of one particular girl.

 

    Sandara Park. He’d heard of her throughout his years in the force but never anticipated what she’d be like in real life. Truth be told, he was awestruck by her beauty the first day they met and it sparked something inside of him. Something dark and wild. Normally, he wouldn’t have cared and would’ve just gave into these urges and feelings inside of him but he couldn’t touch her. More than that, he could never have her.

 

    The moment he saw her, he knew that he was a goner and that the girl would drive him to near insanity. He also knew her family’s dark past, their connections to SM. It was inevitable that sooner or later, she would be caught in this inescapable web that everyone else found themselves in...including himself.

 

    Jaejoong lifted his head to look at himself in the mirror and smiled bitterly upon seeing his reflection. His expression darkened as he stared at the glowing green eyes in the mirror. A low growl rumbled in his chest as he glared at the mirror. “Damn it!”

 

    CRASH! Shards of glass flew from the mirror, some falling into the sink. Jaejoong lowed his head and panted as blood trickled down the broken glass. He cursed upon seeing the blackness starting to spread through his veins, “Damn it…”

 

    He snarled and stormed out of the bathroom to his living room. He frantically searched around his apartment, trying to find the one thing that could stop this. Finally, he managed to find what he was looking for in one of his desk drawers. With shaky hands, he took the container out and opened, shaking a small blue pill into the palm of his hand. This was the key to his humanity, the key to getting his life back.

 

    He popped it in his mouth and swallowed it, chugging down a half full bottle of water. After a few minutes, the fire began to die down and nasty thoughts in his head cleared. He couldn’t afford to lose it now. He knew he shouldn’t nor dream of it, but he wanted to get closer to Dara. He wanted to protect her. As much as he annoyed her and was a total towards her, a part of him cared for her as if it was programmed into his gene along with being what he was.

 

    Jaejoong looked down at his hands and smiled contently when the blackness began to recede. With his head cleared, he was finally able to think straight. His mind instantly went back to what happened last night. He remembered those bodies scattered all over the ground, ripped, mangled, and broken. It was no job a human nor SM. It was the work of a monster, a beast...just like him.

 

But that wasn’t what bothered him the most. He scent he picked up on at the scene was the same scent that seemed to linger around Dara. It was as if the beast had been with her, around her...on her. The thought alone made Jaejoong’s blood boil again but he quickly calmed himself down. Whatever it was, it seemed the beast was intentionally doing this...intentionally “marking” Dara so that no one else could have her.


Animals were territorial after all. They left scent trails and markings in order to establish territory and it seemed the beast...their vigilante and killer was intending to make Dara his mate. Jaejoong smirked and stared at the multitude of news articles upon his wall. The one about Dara stood out the most… “He won’t take you away from me that easily, Park. Not if I can help it…”