Hunted

Being Human

 

Note: So, like I promised...DOUBLE UPDATE!! Yay! Hope you enjoy! Please comment and subscribe. Oh, just a little warning...this chapter is a bit...graphic towards the end... >< 

Thank you! ENJOY!

 

I was inspired by this song to write this chapter: Crawling by Linkin Park - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaM1AzjD7s

___________________________________________________________________________________

Dara got out of her car and slammed the door. She saw Bom and Top waiting for her in front of the warehouse and she quickly went over to them, distressed as hell. Bom put a reassuring hand on her shoulder and Dara just nodded. “He’s not back yet?”

 

    “No. I tried calling him but it seems his phone is off. What happened, Dara? It’s not like him to do something like this…”

 

    “Well, I went to visit my mother’s grave today but for some reason that bastard Jaejoong was there.”

 

    “WHAT?! Jaejoong? Why the hell was that cocky bastard at your mother’s grave?” Bom frowned.

 

    “I don’t know. I think he was trying to throw me off. He kept telling me that I don’t know my mom and that she was keeping secrets from me. He said it was all a lie.”

 

    Bom and Top looked at each other, knowing what Jaejoong was talking about but they couldn’t tell Dara...not yet. “What did he tell you exactly?” Top asked.

 

    “Just that my mother wasn’t the woman I thought she was. I don’t know. He talked about her as if he knew her personally. But that can’t be, right? How could Jaejoong know my mother?”

 

    “I don’t know, Dara. But obviously he is in some way connected with SM if he knows about your mother. Something is obviously very wrong with this picture…”

 

    “I know that but if he is somehow connected with SM, then why would he be trying to help us catch those beasts?”

 

    “The same reason you’re still going into work. He could just be gathering information from the inside so that he can lead us off SM’s trail. But we can focus on that later. The matter at hand is we need find Jiyong before he does something stupid and reckless. Knowing him, if he’s as pissed off as you said, he is very much capable of tearing North Korea apart with his bare hands.”

 

“...I don’t even know what caused him to get so upset!”

    

    “Maybe he got jealous. Did Jaejoong touch you at all?” Top raised a brow.

    “Well, yea...but---”

 

    “Then that’s what set him off. You have to understand something about him, Dara. He’s VERY protective over you. If another male so much as touches you, even the simplest of touches, he will lost it. It was the same thing that happened when you went on a date with your little forensic scientist friend. He saw you with him and it ticked him off.”

 

    “But WHY? I’m not his, ok?! He doesn’t own me! Why the hell is he acting like such an overprotective boyfriend? He isn’t mine...and i’m not his.”

 

    “Is she seriously this dense or does she really not get it?” Top looked at Bom but she just shook her head and sighed. “It doesn’t matter if you’re not his, Dara. What you don’t understand is that he WANTS you to be his but you CAN’T. To him, all he’ll ever be able to do for you is protect you but he can never be with you because of what he is. So, whenever he sees you with another man that CAN be with you, he get jealous very easily.”

 

    Dara groaned. “We don’t have time for things like this! Doesn’t he get it?! There are more important things at hand then our feelings! We have these beasts to catch and we still need to take down SM. If we manage to do these things then maybe, just maybe there will be a chance we can talk about this but now isn’t the time!”

 

    “You’re right. Let’s just find Jiyong first. We’ll discuss this another time.”

 

    Dara nodded. Once the three finished going over their plan on getting Jiyong back, they split up and took off. Bom rode with Top and Dara drove by herself. As she drove around town, she noticed that her gas was running low and so she pulled over at a nearby gas station. She got out and went to fill gas.

 

    She shoved one hand into her pocket while the other held onto the pump. She looked around the station and noticed how it was seemingly empty until a couple black cars pulled up. Dara’s eyes narrowed when she saw the men get out of the car. Quickly, she put the pump back and went to cash register to pay. The men followed her in but dispersed throughout the tiny store. “That’ll be forty-five dollars, Miss.” The cashier guy said.

 

    “Sure.”

 

    As she pulled out her wallet, she glanced to her side and saw a man dressed in black casually looking through the magazines. However, her eyes trailed to his hand which reached into his jacket pocket. Dara’s widened and just as the guy pulled out his gun, she grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back, causing him to shoot the ceiling instead. Instantly, the other men reacted. She forcefully turned the man around and shoved him toward the shooters. She jumped behind the counter and shoved the cashier down to keep him from getting hurt. “Are you ok?” She asked.

 

    “Yes! There’s a gun in the drawer!”

 

    Dara yanked open the drawer and pulled out the black handgun. She loaded it and peaked out from behind the counter. She turned away abruptly when they started firing again. With a growl, she aimed her gun at the men and shot at them, managing the take out a few. But there were still at least ten guys left. “Use my phone. Call for help!”

    

    Dara threw her phone at the man before turning back to her attackers. However, she ran out of bullets and instead had to result back to hiding. One of the men decided to come around the counter but Dara was quick and managed to sweep the guy’s legs from under him. She tackled him to the ground and yanked his gun from his hands before grabbing his head and slamming it into the counter.

    

    With the adrenaline rushing through her veins, she took more risks and ran out from behind the counter. Another guy tried to grab her but she elbowed him in the stomach and kicked him into one of the shelves. Two more men attempted to restrained her but she used her strength and flipped them over her. She grabbed one of them by their collar and yanked him up. “Who sent you?!” Dara demanded.

 

    “Screw you, !”

 

    “Bastard!”

 

    Dara yanked him onto his feet and threw him towards the other men, knocking them to the ground. She took his opportunity to grab their guns. She spotted a couple of men hiding behind the shelves and glared. As they ran out to shoot her, she ran and slid onto her knees, shooting at them as she dodged their bullets. A bigger man came from behind and grabbed her but she threw her head back and head butted him. “Miss, the cops are coming!”

 

    “Good! It’s about damn time! Throw me my phone!”

    

    The cashier threw her the phone and she made a run for it. She got into her car and sped off without putting on her seatbelt. She took care of most of the men which meant the cashier would be safe but she had a feeling that was only the beginning. It seemed her hunch was right. Two black vans pulled up behind right next to her one either side. With the rain pouring and roads slippery, it was hard to drive properly but Dara did the best she could. She side glaced the two vans ducked as soon as their windows rolled down.

 

    Glass shattered as they shot at her. She pulled out her gun and shot back at them but had difficulty aiming. Soon, the firing stopped but then they smashed into the sides of her car, causing her to lose control of the wheel. “!”

 

    Feeling frustrated, she grabbed another gun from her secret compartment and aimed both guns at both vans. She fired and heard a yelp. The van on the left swerved off the road and flipped over. She took another shot at the other van and hit the guy in the chest. Her foot slammed down on the gas and she flew down the road, her eyes looking all around her for any more of those men.

 

    Dara took out her phone and called Bom, putting it speaker. “Hello? Bom!”

 

    “Dara? What’s wrong?”

 

    “I’m being hunted! Someone must’ve tipped SM about my location. They attacked me at one of the gas stations.”

 

    “WHAT?! Are you ok? Where are you now?”

 

    “I’m driving. I managed to take them out but I have a feeling more will be coming. Did you find Jiyong yet? If SM knows where I am, they must know about him, too.”

 

    “No, we haven’t found him yet. Dara, be careful!”

 

    “Don’t worry. I’ll be fi---”

 

    Dara was cut off when a large truck smashed  into the side of her car head on. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the windows shattered and flickering lights flashed by. Her head slammed into the driver’s seat door and her vision turned blurry. Time resumed again and Dara found herself on the side of the road,  her head throbbing and her arm and forehead bleeding. Pain radiated throughout her chest as she tried to breathe. She lifted a shaky hand to her chest and felt something wet. She looked down and saw that a shard of glass had impaled her chest.

 

     burned as she tried to swallow her saliva. She felt her limbs grow numb and soon her mind began to drift off. There was a ringing in her ears and everything around her was blur. She saw a couple of shadows cross in front of her car and then everything fell silent aside from the pain and agonized howl and made her blood run cold.

 

    Dara struggled to stay unconscious but the darkness was getting heavier. Her breathing grew labored and she was slowly losing feeling in her fingers. Her heart lurched when a body landed on the windshield, blood dripping in from the cracks in the window. The sound of flesh being ripped apart echoed in her ears. “YOU ING BASTARDS!” She him growl.

 

    She looked out of her window and saw him grab one of the men by the neck, strangling him. She nearly screamed when he tore the man’s head clean off, blood gushing and squirting everywhere. Another man tried to shoot him but he was much too fast and gripped onto the man’s collar. He shoved the man into the tree with one hand while the other grasped onto his shoulder, sharp claws digging into the man’s flesh. “WHO SENT YOU?! WHO MADE YOU DO THIS TO HER?!”

 

    “J-Jiyong…” Dara gasped

 

 

 

    Time seemed to slow down again as Jiyong whipped his head around to face her, golden eyes filled with nothing but fury and the desire to kill. For once, Dara felt scared...she’d never seen him like this before. But she couldn’t decide if she was afraid of HIM or more afraid of losing him to this monster. Pain flashed in his eyes but he quickly turned his attention back to the man. “I’m going to ask you one last time...who sent you?”

 

    “ you!”

 

    Jiyong growled and dug his claws into the man’s chest. The man screamed as Jiyong’s sharp claws gripped onto the chunk of flesh. “Do you know what it feels like to watch someone you love get hurt?” His voice was a deadly whisper.

 

    “N-no…”

 

    “It feels like this…”

 

    Jiyong clutched onto the man’s heart and tore it out of his chest. Blood splattered onto his face and clothes but he didn’t care. This man hurt Dara and there was no way in hell he was letting him live. He glared at the car and stomped over to it before ripping off the door. “Dara!”

 

    Dara gasped and tried to push herself away but she was in too much pain. Jiyong’s heart hardened at the sight of her and he gently reached out to touch her face, frowning when he saw his bloody hand. “J-Jiyong…”

 

    He looked down at the sharp glass piercing her chest and grimaced. His eyes flickered to hers momentarily. “Dara, I need to get the glass out. This is going to hurt a bit but just bare with me.”

 

    Dara just nodded. She was starting to drift off again. She felt his fingers press against her chest. There was a sharp pain for a moment but it went away when he held a piece of fabric against her wound. She looked at him through heavy lidded eyes and reached out for him. “You...you ran away before...why?”

 

    “I’m sorry...I’m so sorry…” His voice cracked.

 

    “It’s...not your...fault…”

 

    “Dara? Dara, stay with me! Just...just hang on!”

 

    “Jiyong...no matter what anyone says...you’re not bad…you’re…not...a...monster…” Slowly, Dara’s eyes fell closed.

 

    Jiyong became alert then and shook her but she wouldn’t wake up. He began to panic. Tears streamed down his face as he tried to wake her up but it was no use. “Dara? DARA! Don’t you do this to me! Don’t you ing do this to me!”

 

    His head shot up when he heard sirens approaching. He caught sight of the ambulance and slowly backed away from the car. He looked at her one last time before retreating into the shadows of the dark forest. He watched as the paramedics arrived and quickly  got Dara out of the car. They placed her on a gurney and rushed her into the vehicle. He watched sadly as they locked her up in the ambulance and examined the other men he had killed.

 

    He looked down at his bloodstained hands and felt a pinch in his heart. No, he didn’t just kill those men...he tore them apart, tore them apart like the monster he was. I’m sorry, Dara...I’m so sorry… He shut his eyes, wishing for the world to swallow him whole and take away the pain.