8. A little History and Chemistry

My Impossible Boyfriend

"Ehh??" you muttered. This was clearly a prank. Why would someone like him like some ordinary girl like you? This is what you assumed. But his confession seemed so real. 

"Haha! Stop joking around!" you laughed nervously, hoping he would just laugh and say 'Almost got you!'. But he didn't.

"I'M NOT JOKING." his voice was enraged now. He felt ridiculed when you thought he wasn't serious. He released you from his embrace and turned you around by your shoulders.

"Jessie.. I have been in love with you ever since I first saw you.." he said with red teary eyes. "You mean in junior-" your sentence was cut off. "No. Way before that. I first saw you 5 years ago. I was really nerdy back then. And really short too. I was bullied a lot.." you saw his eyes were deep in thought.

"One day, I was being beaten up in a dark alley. You came by and tried to save me. But you got slapped. I saw your reddened cheek and I swore to myself that in the future, I would protect you in any way I can.." he trailed off. You remembered this. It was when you and Aimee was walking back from school. You saw bullies kicking and punching a kid and felt obliged to save him. You thought the kid was younger than you so you felt pity in him. You got slapped for trying to stop the bullies and they targeted you. Luckily, you managed to run away.

"You escaped. I was glad they couldn't hurt you more. I never forgot your face." he smiled as he stared into your eyes. 

"I tried very hard to grow up, be taller and stronger, so that I won't ever be that weak again. When I saw you in junior high, I immediately recognized you. I was determined to make you notice me. You didn't know it was me though. Haha. But when I tried talking to you, my heart pounded so much it was painful to even talk. So whenever I tried approaching you, I get so nervous I sweated like a pig. I didn't want you to see me like that so I avoided you. Until now." his words sounded genuine and sincere. You didn't know what to say.

"Jessie. I am confident that I can protect you and cherish you if you can just accept me as yours. So please say yes." his eyes turned serious. By the beating of your heart, you already know what your answer's gonna be. 

"Yes." you teared up. Zelo, in such happiness, hugged you tightly and firmly. "I won't ever let you go."he said into your ear, assuring you. 

-----LATER------

"Open up!!" Zelo was holding a spoon of ice cream in his hands. When you opened your mouth he flew the spoon like an airplane and shoved it into you.

"Hehe. Is it nice?" he asked with a cheeky smile. "Mmm~" you nodded with your mouth full.

You were in a cute little cafe which is famous for their ice cream. Sure, it was expensive, but Zelo didn't mind that at all. It was filled with people.

"Oh! You have a little something there!" Zelo reached his arm towards you and wiped the ice cream that was smudged on your lips.

"Yah~ People are looking!" you playfully hit his arm. "They're just jealous that I have you!" he winked.

"Aish. They're jealous of me because I have YOU!" you blamed. Well, yeah, the people staring were mostly girls, drooling over Zelo.

"Aniiiii~ How can they not be jealous of me when I have such a cute girlfriend?" he lightly tapped your nose. This was the first time you heard him call you that. Girlfriend. Wow. You're actually his girlfriend. 

You giggled nervously. 

"Jessie.." he leaned in closer to you. Closer and closer.. Until his lips reached yours. It tasted tender and sweet. You fluttered your eyes shut to cherish this moment. Your first kiss.

----THAT NIGHT----

Zelo walked you home with your hands intertwined. The walk was quiet, but not at all awkward. Zelo kept chuckling every now and then claiming it's because 'He can't believe your his girlfriend now.' That made you quite happy. 

When you got home, you immediately called Aimee.

"Aimee!! Guess what??" you screamed when she picked up. 

"Huh? What? Did you really play laser tag with Zelo?" she said. You could hear her little brother crying at the background. 

"Shhhh!!! I'm trying to talk on the phone here!!" she yelled at her little brother.

"Aimee...." you paused. You were smiling from ear to ear.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?" she seemed worried.

"Zelo asked me out..." you said quietly, careful not to alert your mom.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!" she screamed.

"DID YOU SAY YES?!?!?!?!?" she asked you impatiently. 

"Yepp." 


Author's Note

How's the story so far? 

Hope you guys like it~!!