4. Sing

My Impossible Boyfriend

"Jessie! Miss Yang is calling you!" your classmate called by the class's door.

Confused, you walked towards the door and sure enough, Miss Yang was there. 

"Jessie, I have called all those participating in the performances to the hall. So you have to come too." she said while holding a list of names in her hands.

"Oh, alright." you obeyed and went ahead to the hall. Miss Yang went to look for other students.

When you reached the hall, you stopped at your tracks.

Choi Jun Hong was there. 

It's been so long since you guys made eye contact and it was awkward to you. But it wasn't for him. He smiled and waved at you.

You shyly entered the hall with short strides. When you were inside, you saw a dozen people sitting on chairs and chatting.

*Oh so these people are performing too?* you wondered. They were all older than you. Some were second-years and the rest were third-years. You walked two steps ahead when someone bumped into you from your back.

"Jessie!! You didn't wait for me?!?!?" Aimee pouted.

"Oh sorry! I forgot!" you apologised.

"How could you forget when your best friend had took the trouble to accompany your performance JUST because she was afraid you'd get lonely?!" she hit your shoulder lightly.

You knew that wasn't entirely true. Sure, you knew Aimee didn't want you to go through this alone but she also wanted to sing to Big Bang. You figured it was just her way of showing her undying love for them.

"Mianhaaaae~~" you made some aegyo faces.

While Aimee just smiled, you heard someone chuckle behind you. You turned around and your legs almost gave way when you saw Zelo standing behind you.

"Hello!" he flashed an incredibly cute smile.

"H-Hi." you stuttered.

"You're Jessie, right? Do you remember me? We went to the same junior high!" he had such a cute eyesmile that you thought you'd go blind because it was too.. Attractive.

You nodded. 

"You remember? Hmm.. Then what's my name?" he hunched down to your level and looked into your eyes. His face was mere inches from yours. You gulped nervously.

"Zelo?" you looked away, trying to slow down your heart that was beating too fast.

"OH?!?! YOU REALLY REMEMBERED!!" he yelled and hugged you. *HOOOOOMAIGAWD HE'S HUGGING ME* 

He swirled you around before letting you go. When you stepped back, you could smell his scent on you. His soapy, shampoo-like scent. Your eyes widened with surprise.

"Since you're here I guess you're performing too, huh?" he asked, crossing his arms.

At the corner of your eye you saw Aimee, tip-toeing away from you.

"AIMEE!" you shouted.

"Hehe. I'm just gonna sit waaaaaaaay over there." she scratched her head innocently before racing towards the other side of the hall. You were about to chase after her when he grabbed your arm firmly, but he was careful to not hurt you.

"Why don't you sit here?" he gestured to the seat next to his. You saw his friend sitting there earlier but now he's gone.

"But what about your friend?" you asked.

"They won't bother us. They have other things to do." he pressed his lips together and slided his hands into his pockets.

"Oh, okay then.." you shyly agreed. He gestured for you to go to the seats first. He walked really closely behind you.

You sat down and he sat next to you. On the ground was some kind of instrument casing.

"What's that?" you pointed towards the casing, trying to start a conversation.

"That's my guitar. Wanna hear me play?" he reached for the casing.

"You can play guitar?" you asked when he layed the casing on his lap.

"Yeah, I'm performing with my band for the event." he said as he ped the bag.

"Really? Wow." you gasped when he took out a classic acoustic guitar. It looked new.

He started strumming and played the song 'Counting Stars'.

Unknowingly, you stared at him playing with your mouth wide open in adoration.

"Like what you see?" he grinned cheekily, stopping his fingers. You immediately closed your mouth and mentally slapped yourself in embarrassment. 

"Y-You're pretty talented." you complimented, hoping he doesn't find you creepy at all.

"Thanks. Maybe you should try singing with me." he said.

"No, thank you. I'm not good at singing." you bit your lip.

"You better stop that.." he mumbled. He was looking directly at your lip. He bit his lip.

You stopped immediately.

After a moment, he snapped out of it and apologised.

"Sorry. I was thinking of something." he shook his head violently. He started playing the song again.

"Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep.." he sang, looking at you as if expecting you to sing with him.

Without thinking, you sang.

"We'll be counting staaaars.." the both of you finished singing the song accompanied by his guitar.

"Woah. You have an amazing voice." he looked stunned.

"You're just saying that!" you giggled.

"What have a cute girl like you been doing with that beautiful voice, huh?" he flicked your chin lightly.

Your face turned red. Your brain was all jumbled up now. You couldn't think of anything to say. You were speechless.

"I really wanted to do this...." he mumbled. He closed his face nearer and nearer to yours. To the point where your lips were almost touching, he backed away.


Author's note

Heeeeeeee!~ I know Zelo doesn't play the guitar but this is purely FICTIONAL, kay? ^-^

Comment and subscribe!