6. Oops! I did it again...

50 Shades Of Beige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The past two days went by without much chaos, as per not-so-usual. Maybe it was the weather, the sun rays dancing on the bright white snow, or maybe it was because I hadn’t stepped out of the room (much). I would occasionally go down to eat when I finally realized that I hadn’t ate all day. If not, I would just lay in bed, surf the interweb (as Baekhyun calls it to sound nerdy) or play flappy bird on my cellphone before throwing it across the room in frustration because that just pisses me off. But the main reason was because Chanyeol and Baekhyun hadn’t returned from their “breakfast”.

 

“We’re going to visit Baek’s grandma’s house with Lay!” Chanyeol was practically yelling into my ear.

 

I gritted my teeth as I tried not the smack him in the face through my phone. “What about school?” I asked patiently.

 

“School doesn’t start till next week. We’ll be back before then. I promise!” He was yelling again and I now had my phone a few inches away from my ears because I didn’t want to be deaf at this young age, thank you very much.

 

I sighed. At least it’s a good thing for me. “Okay, whatever! I’ll see you then… Bye!” I hung up right away before Chanyeol got a chance to yell again.

 

 

But it’s not like I’m mad or anything. I wouldn’t have gone with them even if they invited me. I hate socializing… well not hate, I just at it but people consider it the same. And my creepy stares don’t help either, not that it’s intentional. And this way I get the whole room to myself. I guess this kinda makes up for having lost the storage room.

 

Now I’m lazing away. The annoying two will be back in a few days and then it’ll be back to the same old loud and noisy dorm with 2 children and their babysitter.

I pick up my phone that’s sitting on the table next to my bed. 3:43 pm. Did I seriously just spend the whole day doing nothing? But then again, I’m way too lazy and unmotivated to get up.

That is, until my phone starts ringing violently an hour later.

*Unknown caller*

“Hello?” I pick up as fast as I can because I hate how noisy the ringtone is.

It’s a woman speaking on the other line. “Hello? Hi… is this Kyungsoo?”

Who? “Yes… may I ask who this is?” She sounds familiar.

“Uh yeah, sorry. This is Krystal from poetry class.”

Right now I’m still not sure what’s going on. How did she get my number? No, more importantly, why is she calling me? We’ve never talked before. I quickly sit up straight, as if she could see how unattractively I was slouched against the headboard. “Oh hi… What’s up?” I’m so awkward…

“Oh nothing…” I can hear the awkwardness in her voice too. This sure is a whole lot of awkward.

“I was wondering, are you taking the ‘Intro to Writing’ course too?”

Yes! I wanted to scream yes but I don’t. “Yeah… you too?” I ask, trying to sound as unaffected as possible.

“Hmm… yeah. So… do you want to meet up? I’m on campus and I have these notes my friend let me borrow from last year’s class. We can look at them tog--”

“Yeah!” I jump from excitement. . I sounded way too desperate back there. “Umm… is the coffee shop okay?”

“Then see you at 6?” she asks.

“Okay.”

She hangs up. I’m lost as to what I’m feeling. So many questions running through my head. Why is she asking me of all people? Why is she, Krystal, the one known for being cold and rude, asking an awkward soul like myself to join her? Perhaps she...? “No way!” I mentally slap myself for getting too excited over a simple coffee date. Date? No. It’s a meeting between two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter