13. KJI

50 Shades Of Beige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol’s voice rang through his ear, vision blurring as the seconds went by. Everything was fuzzy and unclear. Kyungsoo felt like he was falling, despite already having landed on the cold bedroom floor.  “Can you hear me?!”

He heard everything but understood nothing. Kyungsoo felt a pair of cold hands grab him tightly by the shoulders. “Answer me, Kyungsoo!”

The said male’s head bobbed back and forth as Chanyeol continued to shake him senselessly before Kyungsoo finally lifted his heavy head and attempted to focus his eyes on his friend. “I- I can’t… brea−”

 

-

 

Kyungsoo woke up in cold sweats, Chanyeol and Baekhyun by his beside.

“You’re awake!” Baekhyun jerked up from the seat that was positioned next to his bed.

Chanyeol placed his hand over Kyungsoo’s forhead. “Are you feeling better?”

“What happened…?” Kyungsoo barely managed to slip out, his throat feeling like sandpaper.

Baekhyun rushed to his own bedside and returned with a bottle of water. "Here! Drink this!"

"T-thanks!" Kyungsoo slowly rose from his bed and took the water with his shaky hands. What had happened to him? Why was he in his bed and why did he feel like dying at the moment. The last thing he remembered was talking on the phone with Kris and then suddenly everything went dark. And now he woke up hours later with both his best friends worried sick, by his side.

Chanyeol said that nothing had happened, that Kyungsoo was probably falling sick and fainted from exhaustion. Baekhyun was told via Kai who was also there with Chanyeol but left as soon as Baekhyun arrived. 

"Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" Baekhyun took the half empty water bottle from Kyungsoo's trembling fingers.

Kyungsoo gently shook his head and whispered, "Thanks. I'm fine, really."

Afterall, he didn't feel sick at all! He didn't have a cold or fever, nor any physical pain, only a minor headache that refused to subside. Chanyeol stayed by Kyungsoo while Baekhyun went out to get dinner. It was already 8pm by then. When they ate, no one spoke a single word. It was simply glances stolen from Baekhyun and a slightly less awkward air then they were used to.

The next morning Kyungsoo woke up at noon with a pounding headache that was at least 10 times worse than his last one. The whole night cosisted of him trying to think of what had actually happened to make him suddenly faint in such a manner. And why did he have no memory of the event? He felt frustrated to no end and his questions were not being answered properly by his friends, who, by the way, continued to ignore each other as usual, which was even more frustrating and annoying to Kyungsoo.

Days went by and no one mentioned the incident again. Kyungsoo barely say Kai around even though they were neighbours. Something was off and it was starting to worry him.

Soon, midterms were over and classes resumed. Kyungsoo met Kris who was overbearingly clingy to Suho, Krystal only glancing occansionally at the two while Kyungsoo continued to zone out and think of irrelivent things. Baekhyun and Chanyeol became more and more distant but Kai was nowhere to be seen until one day he came knocking on Kyungsoo's door. 

"Hey, is Chanyeol here?" he asked. 

Typical.

"No, he's out." Kyungsoo replied with a straight face he planned to mantain.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter