12. What the fu--

50 Shades Of Beige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo thinks more about Kai than he fancies and that bothers him. Of course it's because he's always over at their room and when he's not, Kyungsoo finds himself trying to figure out where exactly he could be.

"Do you think he's with Kai?" Baekhyun stares into his phone, his right thumb scrolling up and down aimlessly on the screen.

"Most likely..." Kyungsoo stares at Baekhyun. Even though he doesn't admit it, Kyungsoo can tell that Baekhyun misses Chanyeol (a lot). Although they see each other literally all the time, its just not the same.

"Do you wanna get some cake?" Baekhyun looks up from his phone's screen, voice suddenly full of energy.

Kyungsoo can't refuse. He hums in agreement before the two head out to the cafe right outside of campus. Usually the cafe is swarmed with students, but today there seems to be barely anyone here.

"Midterm season!" Yixing chirps from behind the counter as he hands Kyungsoo his Americano.

Baekhyun is seated in the far back corner with a piece of strawberry cheesecake, his head wandering every inch of the shop. Kyungsoo pays for his coffee and heads towards his friend when a familiar voice stops him in his tracks.

"Really?" he hears the deep echoes of Chanyeol's voice ring in his ears.

"Of course!" Kyungsoo shuts his eyes as he heaves out a shaky sigh. It's a voice he recognizes almost instantly. It's a voice he'd rather not hear.

Then, almost instantly, Kyungsoo shoots his eyes open in realization. Landing on Baekhyun, his heart starts to beat violently, anxiety rushing over him. He has to protect his friend. He has to make sure Baekhyun doesn't know that Chanyeol and Kai are here. Racing over to his friend, Kyungsoo makes sure to distract Baekhyun from anything that might give away the fact that Chanyeol and Kai are in the vicinity. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo thinks, is better off not knowing.

"Why didn't you get cake?" Baekhyun digs his fork into his piece as he looks at Kyungsoo holding a cup.

Kyungsoo settles down onto a chair across from his friend and places the cup on the table. "I don't like sweets."

"Oh... right..." the elder of the two nods his head shortly as his eyes continue to the roam around. 

"Are you looking for something?" Kyungsoo asks hesitantly. He can almost guess what Baekhyun is looking for.

Baekhyun only shakes his head. "Not really..." his voice trails off as he notices Kyungsoo staring at his suspiciously. "What?"

"Never mind." Kyungsoo grabs his cup and brings it to his mouth, about to take a sip.

"Hey, Kyungsoo!" the said male almost drops his cup in surprise as he jumps up. "When did you get here?"

Kyungsoo wants to hide under the table and never come out. Baekhyun's metal fork slips out of his slender, pale fingers and clink against the china plate, causing Kyungsoo to shiver ever so slightly.

"Hey..." Baekhyun's voice is soft yet broken. Kyungsoo can hear the pain in it and it hurts him even more. He doesn't understand why Chanyeol doesn't see it because he fully ignores Baekhyun again and speaks only to the wide-eyed male.

"We're about to leave. You have the keys, right?" Chanyeol pats Kyungsoo on the shoulder, passively demanding him to answer because the stunned male did not look like he was about to speak any time soon.

"Uh- y-yeah..." he relies shortly, unable to take away the clear uneasiness in his voice. And by the corner of his right eye, Kyungsoo spots the owner of all this unnecessary tension, Kai. Or, at least that's who Kyungsoo believes is the cause behind the sudden disastrous turn in their friendship.

Kyungsoo refuses to look at Chanyeol nor Kai who is standing right behind his tall friend. He continues staring at Baekhyun who silently eyes hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter