Twilight

If Only

She is wearing a white shirt covered by black hoodie, a long training pants, and a black cap. She looks exhausted, but is still smiling cheerfully when coming into the room.

‘She is stunning as always despite of her tiredness. She must come here from her practice’, Jonghyun thought in his mind.

‘Oh, Yoona-ssi!’ Park Jung Nim greets her as soon as he realizes that she already came.

“Anyeonghaseyo”, she is bowing again while walking towards them followed by her manager. “I am sorry for coming late. I had practice before”, she sounds apologetic.

“It’s okay, we just started our meeting anyway”, Park Jung Nim assured her.

She feels relieved over Park Jung Nim’s words and smiles. They nodded when Yoona’s manager bid himself and said that he will wait outside.

Park Jung Nim and Lee Min Ji introduce themselves as soon as Yoona’s attention back to them. They are shaking hands and saying basic greet. When it’s turn to face him, she is stunned once again. She was about to her hand, but he is staying still, looking at her like she isn’t real. He looks like disbelieve of what he is seeing at the moment.

‘Are you real? Is it dream?’ these questions are hovering in Jonghyun’s mind. He’s meeting her not in just a music show or seeing her through television, but here! In front of him, the two of them! He couldn’t believe it.

Yoona bowed her head when she got no response from him. She sat down on the chair beside him. Then, he was pulled back from his own thought. He followed her to sit on his chair before. He’s clenching his hands on his lap and looking to the front.

Yoona is glancing at him and watching his act, ‘Is he nervous? He usually does that whenever he’s nervous. What is he doing in here? Does he?’ Yoona paid her attention back to the people in front of him when hear Park Jung Nim’s voice.

Actually she hasn’t been woken up from the reality that the man who is sitting beside her is Lee Jonghyun! The man whom she is trying to forget over these times, the man whom she hates the most, yet he’s the man whom end up being the one that she’s longing for the most. But she’s trying to be professional. More than 8 years experiences in entertainment industry really taught her well to respect everyone who’s working with her.

“I have told Jonghyun briefly about our concept before you came. Basically it will be Korean version of Twilight, because our theme for next issue is movie pictorial edition. Jonghyun will be Edward Cullen, and you will be the Bella Swan, Yoona-ssi”, he explained as looked to Yoona’s eyes.

She was surprised. “What? But I . .”

“Don’t worry, Yoona-ssi. We chose you not because your personality fits with Bella’s character. We know that you’re both totally different”, he chuckled and continued. “It is only a photo shoot, so we focus more on facial expression and aura you give even you just stay there, look at the camera, and say nothing. We have seen several previous photos of you, and your-how can I say this-your pictures really give us a strong vibe of Bella Swan. So we agree that you fit perfectly for this role.”

Yoona blushed a bit and smiled shyly. “I hope I don’t disappoint you”, she said while fixing her cap.

“No, you won’t. You got the best photographer and stylist in town”, Park Jung Nim responded jokingly as trying to break the ice. They are laughing together over Park Jung Nim’s witty response.

“You do know each other, right?” Park Jung Nim asked after they are back to silent. He’s looking to Jonghyun and Yoona back and forth as waiting for their answer.

“Yes!”

“No!” they answered in unison.

“I mean, we just meet occasionally in music shows or some filming, but never really . . So . . Yes we know each other”, she is blabbering trying to explain nervously. She didn’t know why she could say that in the first place. She regrets her answer. She could see how he smirked and clenched his jaw over her reaction through the corner of her eye.

“Great, I assume you are comfortable enough to act these roles. Because you two need to discuss later to build the chemistry between you. Even though it’s just a photo shoot, I really hope that the viewer can feel the real emotions between Edward and Bella through our pictures.”

“Nde, sir!” Jonghyun answered confidently. While Yoona only nodded her head weakly and sighed in relief of the thought that Park Jung Nim wasn’t suspicious or her blabbering answer previously.

‘What chemistry?’ she was wondering what kind of chemistry they can get. ‘If the ones left between us only hatred and awkwardness. Can we do this? Can I face you Jonghyun-ah? Without reminiscing our true feelings and moments we’ve been through together?’ Suddenly she feels uncertainty and hesitant over this project. Like there’s a bit fear in herself that hold her to reach him.

‘What is wrong with you, Yoona? You miss him, right? Now, he’s in front of you, so better to enjoy this time as long as you can. You don’t need to pretend you don’t care and ignoring him like you did before. Just be yourself, and let the time shows you what will happen’, another side of her said. Finally she chose to follow the latter.

“I suppose we should start talking about the concept in more detailed”, Park Jung Nim continued. The two get immersed to Park Jung Nim’s explanation then.

“There will be several shoots of course, the team will pick the best ones. So basically, the photo shoot is like a timeline of your journey as a couple based on the story. It will begin with the moment when you first met, when Bella is still a human. Followed by how Bella could attract Edward’s instinct as a vampire. Also when finally you’re getting together, Bella knew that Edward is a vampire. Including how Bella wants to be vampire too, and ends with your marriage.”

Jonghyun lets out a sigh. ‘Marriage huh? I can’t believe I am doing this with her. Damn you Jonghyun, this is what you’re hoping for, right? Now the time is coming, why did you make thing more complicated than it seems? It’s just an act for God’s sake, you’re not marrying her for real’. A lot of thoughts are occupying his mind. He’s afraid, afraid to fall again. God knows how hard he has tried to let her go, he did in fact. But she has always been in his mind, stays there but out of his reach.

“So, how are you guys thinking?” Park Jung Nim’s question brought him back to life.

He startled, he is glancing to Yoona who seems hesitant to talk. “Sounds good!” he finally answered.

She looked at him. ‘He’s not sure, his voice is shaky. Can we really do this? I don’t wanna disappoint all persons involved.’ She is getting worried of how this thing will turn out.

Park Jung Nim then looks at her and raised his eyebrows asking for her opinion.

She takes a breath, “I like it,” she smiles. “This is my favorite movie actually”, she continued while looking at Jonghyun’s eyes, try to read what is in his mind. And she is sure that he remembers it, all of them. He is now as determined as she is to do their best and let the time decides what will happen next. She is amazed at how they can still communicate with their eyes, like no words needed at all, she is just sure that he is what she thinks.

He smiles, and that’s enough to make her getting herself out of her shell.

“Great, but I have one more concern, Yoona-ssi”. She turned her face to Park Jung Nim, when hear her name was called. “It’s kind of personal question, but I think I need to make sure that it won’t cause a problem in the future. You know, you two will have some skinships for the photo shoot, and moreover this concept is movie couple, so we expect deep chemistry between you two. Do you think it is okay with you and people around you, Yoona-ssi?” he asked carefully.

She needs time to analyze his question and she realized, ‘Ah right! I have boyfriend, and the whole nation know this’.

She laughed awkwardly. “I always try to be professional, Mr. Park Jung Nim. It is part of my job, so I will do my best for this. I also think he won’t mind at all”. ‘Excpet the part that I am doing it with my ex-boyfriend’, she continued the last part inside.

She glanced at Jonghyun and saw clearly how he clenched his hands. ‘Is it because I mentioned him?’

“Well, then that’s amazing. I know he’s a nice guy, I shouldn’t be worried”, he laughed lightly. “And what a perfect coincidence that this is a favorite movie for both of you. Because it will be so much easier for us to direct you, and we need less effort to explain the pose because you already knew what you have to show in front of the camera. I am sure the chemistry building will be faster as well”, he looks satisfied with their responses. “Next, Miss Lee Min Ji will explain you about the wardrobe”, he gestured her to speak.

“Your wardrobes will pretty much have the same style with the ones in the movie. You will wear a casual outfit at the first meeting, because the background is in school. As Bella’s style is tomboyish, so you’ll wear outfit that fits with Bella’s character more, like jeans, t-shirt, sneaker. But there will be a time when you’re wearing a dress and sneaker to pull out Bella’s tomboyish style even in a formal situation. For the highlight of your wedding, of course you will wear a wedding dress. You need to come with me after this meeting to try on all wardrobes to make sure everything fits perfectly”, she explained to Yoona.

“While you, Jonghyun-ssi, since Edward’s style is neater, so you will wear shirt a lot, and suit for formal occasion and your wedding. You need to do some fittings as well after this”, she explained shorter than before.

Jonghyun and Yoona nodded in unison, agreeing her explanation.

“Is there any questions?” Park Jung Nim asked.

“No, sir”, Yoona answered, while Jonghyun only shook his head.

“Great, I will leave you here for twenty minutes to a half of an hour so that you can discuss anything, building up your chemistry, or coming up with your own ideas related to the shoot, that’s even better”, he said while packing up his stuffs and stand up.

“Have fun!” Lee Min Ji said to them, then followed Park Jung Nim out of the room.

There are only the two of them left in the room, nothing’s more but silence. They could feel the tension between them. No one dare to speak, even move.

After a while, Jonghyun coughed and broke the silence.

“I didn’t expect to see you here”, but Yoona spoke first.

He laughed. “Neither did I. Life is full of surprises, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it never fails to surprise me, in good and bad ways”, she smirked. ‘Like what you did to me last year’.

“You must’ve been really busy. You had a lot of photo shoots this year”, somehow he knew what she’s up to and tried to change the topic.

“Oh, you saw them? Most of them are a brand pictorial shoots, so one photo could be used in several magazines”, she tried to be humble.

“I see. Yes, I saw them. You looked gorgeous”, he answered while leaning his hands on the table, as trying to divert his nervousness into something else.

“Thank you”, she smiled shyly. ‘Were you staring at them like what you did when we first met?’

“How are you, Jonghyun?” she is facing him. ‘I really mean this question. How have you been? Because I am devastated’.

“I’ve listened to your new album, it’s great. I like it, totally my type. You know I am more into ballad songs. Sometimes I feel that those songs really fit me”, she continued before he managed to speak.

“I am good. I am enjoying my job more now. I realized that the only ones I have are my family, friends, and my job. But we didn’t do well on charts”, he responded coldly. Somehow she felt that his words are a little bit sarcastic.

‘You had me once, but you asked me to leave’, she can’t help herself to blurt that out in her mind.

“You guys are doing better though. You got international responses better than we got. You had a world tour, even we haven’t had a chance to visit those countries yet.”

He could feel the sincerity in her words, but that didn’t move his mind, he’s still . His memory is playing a scene on a peaceful afternoon that turned out to be his biggest nightmare. ‘But that’s not enough, in the end, we-no-I am still no one, nothing, and irrelevant’. “There will always people who underestimate us, isn’t it?” he smirked.

She took a deep breath. She doesn’t know what’s gotten into him, but Jonghyun whom she has known is not someone who is pessimistic, sarcastic, and negative like this.

“That depends on your point of view, Jonghyun. If you favor the positive ones more hence your life would be so much brighter.”

There a quite long silence after that. He is playing with his fingers, but his mind is flying somewhere. ‘But I can’t do that, Yoong.’

“I am glad that you look so much healthier now”, he said trying to divert the topic again after a while.

She raised her eyebrows as not expecting that Jonghyun will show his concern. He turned into someone cold after that time. There were like two different versions of Jonghyun in her life. She doesn’t even know which one is the real one. She wonders if time does change people.

“I am getting tired of people complaining and whining of how skinny I am. So I started to consume herbal medicine and get some exercises, guess it is working”, she laughed. “Kidding. My health issue worries me as well, I think I need to take care of myself more”, she said in more serious tone and stared him deeply.

“Guess I am not one of them”, he blurted out while still playing with his fingers.

“Jonghyun, look, I am sorry about the earlier, when I said that we don’t know each other at first. You know that wasn’t what I mean”, she stared at him with apologetic face, demand him to look at her from her stern voice.

He finally faced her. “I know. That’s okay. People think of it as what you do, so don’t be bothered with that”, he smiled sincerely. She was assured because of it and began to feel less sorry.

“Do you remember the story?” she asked. He furrowed his eyebrows, not understand what her question means.

“I mean, Twilight”, she continued again after realizing his reaction.

“Of course, that is one of my favorite movies.”

“I know right, I can’t believe this photo shoot will use our favorite movie. I always like to imagine myself as Bella. You still remember right, when we watched it together, how we got immersed to this movie. Edward was so cool, I wanted to have a boyfriend like him, eh, but Jacob was also lovely. I can totally understand, why Bella wanted to be with Edward, but also wanted to keep Jacob by her side. He was such a nice best friend.”

‘Did she say we? Does our memory still exist for her? She doesn’t change at all I guess. Still blabbering cutely when nervous.’ He smiled while looking at her.

She realized his distinct stare, “I am sorry, we should’ve talked about what we’re gonna do for the photo shoot”, she felt embarrassed.

He chuckled. “We’re doing it”, he smirked, again, and made her heart beats faster a bit.

“Be serious, Jonghyun!” she pouted.

They then are getting more serious discussing the concept of the photo shoot. They are trying to remember some special moments between Edward and Bella that can be used in the photo shoot.

“We should watch it again tonight”, she said after both of them concluded that there are some details in movie story that they forgot. He nodded, agree with her words.

Not realizing a half of an hour has passed, they are surprised when Park Jung Nim is entering the room. “How are you guys doing?”

They both turned to Park Jung Nim’s direction.

“We have had some ideas in mind, but we guess we need to watch this movie again to arouse our chemistry as Edward and Bella”, Jonghyun answered.

“Good, I believe on you. Unfortunately, we have to end this meeting, because you need to do some fittings. Miss Lee Min Ji is waiting for you in dressing room downstairs. You can propose your ideas to me and we can discuss it on the set directly tomorrow. 7 AM sharp for tomorrow, as you need to put on some make ups, especially Yoona”, Park Jung Nim said.

“Nde, sir”, Jonghyun agreed while Yoona nodded her head.

Both then are following Park Jung Nim to the dressing room, still with uncertainty feelings. But one thing for sure, they give themselves in and let the time show them what will happen next.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an update from me, sorry for the long time post. I've been so busy with work and holiday kekeke

Here's gift for you from my own fancam :)

  

Sorry for the low quality :(

I really wanted to post update on Jonghyun's birthday, but I am not confident just posting this chapter. So I need to finish next chapter and make it double updates to celebrate Jonghyun's birthday and early Yoona's birthday!! :D

I am really sorry if this story isn't as you expected, I have tried my best, but I will always try to do better ^^

Thank you all for reading, voting, subscribing, commenting my story, I am nothing without you guys <333

Please continue to support me *hugs and kisses for you all*