I found you!

If Only

After about 40 minutes driving, Jonghyun was finally arrived at the destination. Rather than looked scary or spooky, that place was a normal house but was really quiet like nobody’s there.

He ran off towards the house as soon as he got there.

He tried to open the door which wasn’t locked. There was a big empty room at the front, it was really quite there as no sign of life. He was calling Yoona’s name.

“Yoona, where are you??!” No response.

“Yoona, it’s me!!” He kept shouting out Yoona’s name while walking inside the house. He put his guard and stayed alert, he must found Yoona before anything bad happened to him.

He found an alley after the big empty room, this part was darker than the room he entered firstly. Perhaps because this room didn’t get any sunlight or because all the windows were covered by black curtains. He walked cautiously while kept calling on Yoona.

Finally he arrived at the center of the house, it’s larger than the previous one and as dark as the alley he just passed. His eyes scanned the entire room, and he found someone sat down on a chair at the corner of the room!

“Yoona!!” He shouted out of his lung and ran off to the girl.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?” He cupped her face and examined all of her body.

Without waiting for Yoona’s response, he pulled her into his embrace. He was hugged her tightly, very tight as no tomorrow.

Yoona coughed because of the pressure. “Jonghyun-aah . . I . . can’t breath . . This is too . . tight”

Jonghyun realized his doing and released the hug quickly. “I am sorry. What happened to you? Where is that person?” Yoona could see anger in his eyes, those eyes looked burning.

Instead of answering his question, Yoona only smiled. “Happy birthday”, she said with a wide smile.

Suddenly the room became bright, all the lights were . A group of people were coming out from one of the side of the room. They sang happy birthday together and he saw Jungshin brought a cake full of candles. There were also Yonghwa hyung, Minhyuk, Kyuhyun, Changmin, Minho, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Hongki, Jonghoon, behind him.

‘What the hell is it?’ He was still in daze.

They approached to where Yoona and Jonghyun were. Jonghyun looked back and forth to Yoona and those people like couldn’t believe what was going on. She was singing along with them with a wide and happy smile.

He then looked around the room. Even the room was filled with some tables full of foods and drinks. He didn’t see it earlier because of the darkness. It was a real party!

Kyuhyun patted his back that brought his attention back to all the persons gathered there. “Happy birthday, Mr. Guitarist!” All eyes were now set to him.

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun still couldn’t understand the situation.

“This is your surprise party, dude! Congratulations, you get pranked”, Kyuhyun said again while pursed his evil smile.

Everyone seemed excited and satisfied with their successful plan to give a surprise party for him. Because now Jonghyun was not only surprised but also was in still shocked state. He looked to their eyes again, and stop to Yoona’s.

“I am sorry, Jonghyun-aah. This is all Kyu oppa’s idea. He wanted to make an unforgettable birthday surprise for you. He forced me to be his alliance. I swear, I’ve never planned to do this”, Yoona explained with an apologetic look.

“Yaa, Yoongie-yaa, you agreed to join me at the end, didn’t you?” Kyuhyun pointed to Yoona which make her looked more sorry.

‘How could you? I was scared to death and now you made me like a fool’ Jonghyun then looked down, he was afraid Yoona could see his disappointment.

“So, there is no danger?” He still looked down and played with his hands.

“Of course!” Changmin chimed. “Kyuhyun hyung sent you those messages. Also the one to Yoona to make you believe there was someone stalked her. But nothing’s wrong with those messages right? We know that Yoona was with you at that time, and we invited you to come here, also to meet her”, Changmin grinned widely.

“When you called Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun, we were already here”, Minho added.

He then looked at Seohyun who was doing a peace sign and grinning. “I am sorry Jonghyun, but I cannot pass a chance to give you a prank”, Yonghwa laughed.

“I found this perfect place for our main show today”, Hongki jumped in like want to show off his contribution to this plan.

“Unbelieveable, you too, hyung?” Jonghyun approached him and circled his arms to Hongki’s neck. He tried to smack him down. They then fought each other.

“Yaah, stop with the fight! Do you want to ignore this lovely cake? Yoona noona made this herself”, Jungshin yelled trying to stop their childish fight. “Oh, keure?” Jonghyun answered after pulled his hands from Hongki’s shoulder. He looked at the cake, actually anywhere but Yoona. This was a lovely cake, indeed. As he can saw how much effort she put to make that cake. There was letter ‘Happy Birthday Joongie’ above the cake, and also a shape of boy holding a guitar. He admitted that the shape was a little bit messed, but that was cute. He likes it actually.

“I hope it tastes good”, Yoona said while smiling shyly.

“Looks like I am the only fooled one here”, Jonghyun smiled bitterly.

“Eeeyy, we do this because we love you, Jonghyun-ah. We want to make an unforgettable birthday for you”, Jonghoon come closer to Jonghyun and patted his shoulder.

“It is indeed”, Jonghyun responded mockingly.

Yoona felt a strange feeling inside her heart upon seeing Jonghyun’s reaction. She felt more and more guilty. She was happy that the plan ran smoothly and Jonghyun was indeed surprised but on the other side, she felt like hurting Jonghyun’s feeling. She immediately erased that feeling and decided to follow the event happily.

Jonghyun then blew the candles off and began to cut the cake.

“Hyung, don’t you want to give the first cake to someone special here?” Minhyuk came out and gave his teasing smile, followed by everyone’s laughter. Yoona then move one step backward and looked down to hide her blushed face, she didn’t even know why she felt shy over Minhyuk’s tease. ‘You dumb! Who said you’re his someone special?’ she said to herself.

“You all are special”, Jonghyun responded shyly.

“But there must be the most special one, right Jonghyun?” Sooyoung added.

Jonghyun didn’t answer and only looked down while messaging his temple.

“Yaa, why are you being serious? If you have to give the first cake to someone, none can get that other than the main actress today”, Kyuhyun suddenly said from the back while pushing Yoona to the front. Yoona who was being pushed was flustered. She was now standing in front of Jonghyun who was looking at her awkwardly. Now, they were facing each other.

Jonghyun then broke the staring contest by giving the first cake to Yoona with blush drawn clearly on his face. “Here for you.”

“Oh, thank you”, Yoona accepted the cake while fixing her hair trying to divert her nervousness. Everyone was holding their laughter, because the two people in front of them right now looked like high school students who were being shy and nervous when meeting the person they like.

After that everyone was enjoying the little party that had been prepared. Mostly they talked, teased, and of course ate the foods. Jonghyun also got immersed with his friends. They were teasing each other, fighting over foods or anything else, bickering. But Jonghyun had one thing that was occupying his mind, avoiding Yoona as long as possible.

Yoona also noticed Jonghyun’s change of behavior after knowing the prank. She couldn’t help to feel guilty and uneasy over his act. She felt like hurting Jonghyun’s feeling because of her childish prank. Deep inside she didn’t wanna blame herself entirely, because that wasn’t her idea originally. But the fact that she had main role in the whole prank was a good enough reason to made her like the main culprit. Moreover, remembering how worried and scared Jonghyun was even from the first time she started the prank made her feel even worse.

Not only once Yoona tried to get interact with Jonghyun. She couldn’t count how many times she tried to make an eye contact with him, but he always avoid that and never once he looked at Yoona’s eyes. Or when Yoona tried to approach him, he always managed to escape even before she could talk to him. He was always being with his friends and seemed busy with their own business, so Yoona practically had no chance to be with him.

‘But he gave you the first cake, the one that is usually given to someone special’, she thought to herself, more like calming down herself. ‘Geez, if only Kyu oppa didn’t pushed you, then you won’t get that first cake, Yoong’ another side of her turned her down. She could feel huge regret were coming after her like a storm. ‘How could I play with someone’s feeling like that. Jonghyun might be in danger because of my stupid prank. I was so dumb to even allowing my stupid curiousity took over my sense’. She sighed. She startled when someone tapped her back. That was Taeyeon.

“Are you spacing out? This is Jonghyun’s birthday, you should be happy.”

‘Yeah, I wish’. Yoona just turned a bitter smile and looked down to her glass of wine that she’s holding on.

“We should get ready, manager oppa will pick up us in ten minutes”, Taeyeon said.

Yoona looked up and a bit surprised, “Are we going home?”

Taeyeon chuckled upon her’s reaction. “Why? You wanna sleep here? With Jonghyun?” She fleshed a tease smile.

Yoona was suddenly pulled back to her thought. ‘I have to do something. This isn’t what I want, now or never I have to clear things out.’ She regained her spirit back, and looked to Taeyeon with a strong determination.

“Wait for me unnie, I have to do something first”, she said leaving her bewildered unnie.

She looked around to find a guy who was occupying her mind all night long. And she found him, standing beside the window with Changmin and Minho, looked effortlessly handsome with only a simple black t-shirt. Her heart was jumping out a bit when seeing his smile, but not to her.

“Jonghyun-ah”, she finally managed to call his name. Now, she was standing in front of him and no more chance for him to run away. “We need to talk”, Yoona added even before Jonghyun realized Yoona’s presence.

“Yes?”, he responded awkwardly. She knew he tried to act as normal as possible, maybe because there were another people there.

“But not here”, Yoona said again gesturing her hands pointing the floor.

Somehow Changmin could the tension between them. “I will grab more snacks then”, he excused himself while pulling Minho’s hand with him.

“Okay”, he answered after the two were gone from their sight.

Yoona then walked to a place that she thought would be safe from distraction and disturbance, followed by Jonghyun. She stopped when reaching the back side of the house. Could be a kitchen because there was a quite big kitchen table at the left side of the room.

She turned back and was facing Jonghyun. “Are you okay?” Yoona asked with a shaky voice.

He stared deeply to her eyes. “What’s not okay? You even gave me a birthday surprise”, he smirked. And laughed, in a sarcastic way, she could feel it.

Yoona felt more aching, ‘Playing dumb huh? I’ll do so then’. Yoona straightened up her body and looked more confident.

“I am relieved that you liked it. That was amazing, right? Kyu oppa is a genius, who thought he’ll come with such an idea. How was my acting? It’s pretty good, isn’t it? I can get an Oscar or acting award you know, and you . . ”

Suddenly his right hand held her shoulder tightly and pinned her to the wall behind. She was pushed against the wall. His other hand hit the wall and made a bump sound. Yoona widened her eyes and open in a shock over his act.

She could feel his warm breath from his mouth through her skin, which such a sensation to her back. She felt just by his deep stare and strong gaze towards her. His eyes looked like can spurt fire in any time. At a position like this, she was sure he was able to hear her heart beat.

“Jjj. .Jonghyun”, she startled trying to loosen up his grip.

Instead, he tightened his grip on her shoulder. “Don’t you . . ever dare to do that again”, he paused for a while and continued again, “Do you know how worry I was when seeing your scared face. Do you know how scared I was when you were gone and I couldn’t reach you. Even now, I am still scared. I might be stupid and easily fooled, but you cannot play with someone’s feeling, Yoona.”

He softened his gaze. Yoona could see sadness in his eyes clearly. ‘I’ve hurt him, I am so cruel’, she didn’t realize that her eyes became watery.

“I am sorry. I . . I am sorry, Jonghyun-ah”, she kept muttering sorry while close her face with both of her palms. She couldn’t hold her tears any longer. “I am sorry . .”

Jonghyun released his grip from her shoulder and held her hands.

“Look at me”, he said while pulling her hands from her face. He cupped her face and motioned her to look at him. He could see tears were falling down to her cheek. “Yoona, look at me”, he said again made her look up and show him her teary eyes.

“Don’t cry. It hurts me more to see you cry”, Jonghyun said while sweeping her tears with his thumb. ‘God, even at a time like this, he’s still being such a gentleman!’ she couldn’t hold her tears which keep pouring down.

“Please don’t cry”, he begged while still caressing her cheeks with his thumbs.

Yoona finally stopped crying. He smiled.

She was about to say something when her phone rang. She stayed still and looked at his eyes.

“Answer it, could be important”, he said releasing his hands from her face.

Yoona then grabbed her phone from her pocket and answered it. It was Taeyeon unnie, she told her that manager oppa had arrived to pick them up.

“Arasso, unnie. I will be there in a minute”, she hung up the phone and looked at him again.

“You have to get home, they are waiting for you”, he said putting his hands into his pocket.

“But . .”, she was hesitant. Actually she still wanted to be with him.

“It’s already night. Besides that, I need time to think”, he said coldly. In a minute, his expression changed from soft to cold one.

“Okay”, she responded hardly. She held her tears so hard that she didn’t want her unnies knew she cried. “Bye, Jonghyun-ah”, she bid her goodbye without looking back to him.

She walked as fast as possible leaving him behind, while sweeping her face a couple of times. “Unnie cannot see I cried”.

 

***

 

Seoul, May 30th 2012 11.14 AM. SNSD’s Dorm.

Yoona walked back to her room and grabbed her phone. She checked the screen, no message. She walked again to living room while still holding her phone. She sat down again, looked at the television for a couple of minutes, and then took a peek to her phone. She let out a sigh. She laid down while mumbling something like “Ottokee” many times. She got up again while ruffling her own hair.

Tiffany who was there watching her in a muse, then finally talked to her. “Yaah, Yoona-ya! What are you doing?”

“Ottoke, unnie??” instead of answering, she sulked to her unnie while pouting her lips.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany turned her body to face her.

“He hasn’t contacted me yet. It’s already 2 weeks, and today is my birthday for God’s sake, how could he doesn’t congratulates me on my special day”, she sighed.

“He must be busy doing something or he really forget your birthday, you can ask s”, Tiffany responded patiently. She knew her dongsaeng’s habit when worrying over something. Yoona tend to think worse possibility for anything, and sometimes it turned out to be excessive concern. But, she would stubbornly holding her pride to not show her true feeling to the related person or people who were not close with her.

“Ssiro! If I ask , then I will look pathetic and they could see how desperately I want to meet him”, she shook her head.

“Then you can sit here, sulking, desperately waiting for his message forever until you look much older than your age, because so much wrinkles you have for too much frowning. Or, you can just simply go to him, face him, say that you miss him. Just as simple as that. But you and your adorable pride, I can’t do anything about that. You choose yourself”, Tiffany lost her patience and have her last warning.

“Unnieee . .”, she laid down on the couch and kicking the air with her legs like a little girl who was asking for a candy.

She was frustrated. ‘Is he really mad at me? He must be! I miss you, Jonghyun-ah. What if he doesn’t want to meet me anymore? What if he hates me? I think I have to do what Fany unnie told me, do I have the courage to meet him now? I could just beg for his forgiveness, but what if he thinks of me as an easy girl? Uurrghh, if only I didn’t get affected by Kyuhyun oppa, this kind of situation would never happen.’

“No, oppa”, she responded when Kyuhyun asked her to join his evil plan to give Jonghyun prank for his birthday surprise.

“But this is gonna be awesome. Besides, it’s a surprise to celebrate his birthday. Come on, Yoong, you’re a choding and prank queen, you should join us”, he keep insisting her.

“Go on, but proceed without me. I can’t do that to Jonghyun”, she stayed still to her decision.

“This plan will not work without you. You’re his closest friend, you will be the main role of this plan.”

She was blushed over Kyuhyun’s statement. ‘Am I?’ But her heart was still unmoved.

“How many times should I say no to you, oppa?”

He paused for a while. “Aren’t you curious of Jonghyun’s feeling?” he continued with a teasing smile.

“What do you mean?”

“I know you both are getting closer. You like him, don’t you? But do you know if he likes you or not? How long are you going to wait for him to confess his feeling? You’re dying of curiosity now, right?”

He continued, “If he was really worries about you, then you do know that he cares about you. If he really comes to get you then he doesn’t want to lose you.”

And here she was, wondering if he really cared about her, because he was gone. She lost him.

“Hey, you got a message! It’s from Jonghyun!” Fany’s voice brought her back to reality. “Where is it?” she yelled as she jumped and snatched her phone from Fany’s hand. She couldn’t hide her excitement knowing that what she had been waiting finally come. She was then busy scrolling her phone trying to find his message that Fany had talked about. But there’s nothing.

Fany laughed, “I am sorry, Yoong. You were spacing out so I want to wake you up”. She was still laughing while rubbing her stomach. Yoona’s reaction surely amused her.

Yoona was shrugging off to the couch and pouted. “Unnieeee . . I hate you”. She was then walking to her room and leaving her phone on the table. She was still hearing Fany’s laugh from inside her room.

She laid her down on the bed and covered her face with pillow. ‘Ugh, damn you Lee Jonghyun, what have you done to me, Im Yoona, to be so desperately longing for you. It’s not that you’re the most handsome man I’ve ever met, but you and your ridiculously charming smile, hot stare, and cute dimples. Aargh, I wanna hug you’, she was daydreaming while hugging her pillow when Fany’s loud voice interrupted her dream.

“Yoonaaa, you got message!!”

She got rid of the pillow, but stayed still. ‘That must be another birthday messages’. She ignored that.

“This is from Jonghyun!!”, Fany continued excitedly after no response from Yoona.

“You liar!” she shouted from her room.

“I am not, this is really from Jonghyun. I haven’t opened it, but I see Jonghyun’s name on your screen”.

She finally got up from bed reluctantly and heading to living room. She grabbed her phone and unlocked it. “I swear unnie, if you’re lying to me or making fun of me again, I am definitely going to smack you . . ”, but she couldn’t continue her words and widened her eyes when seeing Jonghyun’s name in there.

“Meet me at cafe tonight. 8 PM.”

 

“Unniee!!!” she was jumping around and then hugging Tiffany. “I love you so much!!” she kissed Fany’s cheek.

“I thought a couple of minutes ago you said you hate me”, she smirked.

Yoona grinned while releasing her hug. “What am I going to do, unnie? It’s his first message in two weeks and he wants to meet me!”

“I will make you beautiful”. “You already have”, she added when seeing Yoona pouted over her words. “But I will make you more beautiful than ever, that made him cannot turn his eyes from you”.

Yoona suddenly was feeling her cheeks were getting warmer. “Can I?” she asked, more like to herself.

“Of course, how many more times do we have to tell you how worry he was when you disappeared. Or when he hugged you passionately when found you.”

“You weren’t there unnie.”

“Yes, but Taeyeon and Sooyoung’s story was clear enough to make us believe that he has special feeling for you”, she smiled sweetly. “Let’s go to your closet! We have to pick the best dress for you”, she said while dragging Yoona to her room.

She opened Yoona’s closet and started to pick her dresses as soon as they got there. While Yoona was standing at the side of her bed playing her fingers nervously. This wasn’t the first time they met. But getting his first message and meeting him after that prank and uncounted message or phone call she had made, she couldn’t help to feel nervous.

Fany was busy picking dress for her. She threw any dresses she liked to the bed. Pink blouse with white line motive, soft pink dress, pink floral dress, light pink blouse. “Hmm, unnie, didn’t you realize you picked all pink clothes?” Yoona commented. She then turned her face and looked down to all pink stuffs above Yoona’s bed. “Oops, sorry, that’s a habit”, she grinned widely and continued picking the dress. She forced Yoona to put on the dresses and she would examine her like a beauty contest to get the best dress. Finally after 1 hour trying, they picked light blue sleeveless dress for tonight’s event.

 

***

 

Yoona looked at her phone clock which was showing 7.55 PM when she arrived at the cafe. She took a deep breath before going inside. She greet Jonghyun’s friend first who said that Jonghyun hadn’t come yet. He escorted her to their usual spot and told her to wait for Jonghyun there. She sat down after ordered an orange juice.

‘He must be late as usual’, she looked at her phone again. Her stomach was grumbling because of her nervousness since arriving. And now it was getting worse. ‘What will he say after seeing her? Why didn’t he contact me for two weeks? What if he says something bad?’. She was thinking a lot of bad things. She immediately played with her phone to divert her attention.

1 hour had passed, and he hadn’t come yet. She already finished off her drink and called the waiter to order one more. There was no message or news from him, he didn’t even reply her message. Finally she tried to call him, but no answer. Second attempt, but no answer again. She threw her phone to the table angrily. She leaned on the chair and let out a sigh. ‘Be patient, Yoona. You have been waiting for him for two weeks, so this must be easy for you.’ She tried to calm her down.

Another hours passed. She shipped her third glass that night, but she hadn’t seen him yet. She looked around and found other visitors had gone one by one. Only her, a group of 4 persons, and a couple left in the cafe. ‘He will come, I just need to wait a little bit longer’. She talked to herself.

She looked at her phone for the last time, and she felt this was done when the clock showed 11.48 PM. It’s already midnight but he hadn’t shown his goddamn face! He had her waiting alone for more than 3 hours! She made up her mind when she realized that nobody was around her, she completely alone in that cafe. ‘I am done! Screw you Lee Jonghyun! I don’t care anymore, I am not gonna wait any longer’, she grabbed her bag and got up from the chair. She was surprised when the lights were off and her surrounding became dark.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi all, long time no see :))

I am sorry, for the late update, and also if my update doesn't satisfy you :( There is no JongYoon moment in this chapter yet, but I guarantee the next chapter will have it :)

Thank you for reading, voting, subscribing, and commenting my story. These are huge support for to keep on writing. So please continue to do so hehe. Please also kindly leave any comments, suggestions, or critics to this story, so I can do better :)

 

What will happen next?

Is Jonghyun really abandoning Yoona?

Stay tune and please wait for next chapter ^^

Love you <333