Confession

If Only

Seoul, June 7th 2014. Dream Concert’s backstage.

“Omo! Sorry unnie, I must’ve left my phone in the make up room, you go first unnie, I’m going back there to get that!” Yoona tap her forehead behind Sooyoung who walks in rush to the backstage.

“Eeisshh, how could you forget to bring it with you?” Yoona grinned widely knowing it was her fault. “Okay, we’ll wait for you at the backstage, hurry up, we only have 15 minutes more before our performance,” continued her while taking a peek to her phone.

Yoona gestured her thumb and index finger to form ‘O’ shape and run back to artist make up room to get her phone. She opened the door carefully trying to not make sound. She was tip-toeing and peeking to inside first then entering the room. No one’s there, guess all make up artists have gone to waiting room.

“Ah, where did I leave it?” she mumbled by herself while wandering around every corner of the room.

She sighed frustratedly when there is no sign of her phone yet. “Ah, silly me, why didn’t I borrow Soo unnie’s phone so I can find it easier!” shouted her regretting her stupidity.

After making sure that her phone is no where to be found in the main part of the room, she looked around and find a door at the corner. ‘That’s it! I must’ve left my phone there!’ she remembered that she fixed her suit inside the changing room before and she is sure that her phone must be there. She walked half ran to the changing room. She is busy searching as soon as she gets there, without realizing there are other persons entering make up room. They’ve been chatting and talking about something ever since before entering the room.

“Found it!” exclaimed her happily, when saw her phone hidden behind a quite large box of pins and other accessories needed for artist’s outfit. She grabbed her phone and immediately approached the door which left opened a bit since she was entering the room. She grabbed the door knob trying to open the door wider but her step was stopped when she heard his name mentioned.

“I am sure she was having conversation with CNBlue Jonghyun on the phone!” shouted a woman’s voice. “She even used full aegyo while talking and kept calling him oppa. They must be close right?” continued the same voice.

“But the rumor I heard the most is he has special relationship with Sojin, does it make sense if he’s also close with her group mate?” asked other person, because Yoona can hear the distinct voice.

‘Who are these people? Why are they talking about him so sudden? Who is Sojin? Is it Girl’s Day Sojin unnie? And who is the other girl they are talking about?’ Yoona’s mind is full with these questions. She canceled her intention to go out because she’s too curious, so she stays there and continue eavesdropping their conversation.

“You know what, I heard this from my friend who often do make up for Girl’s Day members. Actually the rumor between Sojin and Jonghyun was made to cover up the real relationship between him and Minah. Sojin and Jonghyun have been close since 3 years ago right, they attended same music institute and became friends, so people won’t get suspicious with their closeness, while in fact he has relationship with Sojin’s group mate, Minah.”

“Really? He seems cool and quiet but he’s quite a player,” replied the other.

“I have another rumor,” exclaimed the one who seems know more excitedly. “Eh but I thought it wasn’t just rumor, many people said he was dating one of popular girl groups member before.”

“Who?!!”

“I don’t know exactly who, but if it’s popular girl group in Korea the suspected ones are SNSD or Sistar?”

“SNSD has too many members. Which one from Sistar is closest with him? Bora? Hyorin?”

“Yaa, do you remember Music Bank show last year when CNBlue and SNSD had comeback at the same time? He seemed close with Yoona even in front of camera, Yoona also looked so flirty towards him. Many staffs and make up artists were talking about this at that time. Is it her?”

“Ah I remember it! I also saw it when she approached him after winner announcement. But is it really Yoona? SNSD’s Yoona? Waaa, he’s daebak. Yoona is really pretty and popular, wonder how he could get her attention.”

“I know right, that’s why, there’s another rumor that they broke up because she’s too popular and has many fans so it burdened him and made him stressed.”

“Ahhh I see, it’s normal for him to feel that way. I understand now why he plays with girls from not-so popular groups,” later the speaker chuckled by her own words. The other one followed by letting out a louder chuckle.

Yoona held her phone tighter like transferring all of her emotions to the only thing within her hands. ‘What the heck? What crap are they talking about? So this is how it feels to listen to people who are talking and gossiping about you behind your back. So Jonghyun is dating that girl now? Is it true? Oh, was she the one who send him message that time?’ she felt a painful sting inside her heart upon thinking about what she just heard. Unconsciously, tears falling down her beautiful eyes. She immediately wipe it away from her cheeks. She doesn’t want to ruin her make up and get people notice she just cried. But the tears keep falling down unstoppable like disobeying her mind’s command to stop coming out.

‘Stupid Yoona! What are you doing? You are no one for him, You have no right in his life anymore. Why do you have to be this hurt? Stupid Yoona!’ she hit her head with the bottom part of her palm roughly trying to get her sense back. “Stop it Yoona! You have more important thing to think about rather than this meaningless matter, yes, because you don’t mean anything for him anymore.” She closed her eyes tightly, inhaled deeply, controlling her messed breath, trying to get rid of her stupid thoughts.

Then she was surprised when she felt vibration from her phone. She looked at it right away to see a message from . . him . .

 

Can we meet? I have something to tell you.

 

‘What is this coincidence? Crazy!’ she keeps starring at her phone while trembling so hard. Never ever acrossed on her mind that she would accidentally eavesdrop a conversation about him then suddenly he asked her to meet. Moreover when she was really down because of their previous meeting. Half of herself was satisfied that finally she was able to meet him, but the other half was kinda regretting it. There was something that bothering her mind after that night, she remembered that she was drunk, really drunk that she didn’t remember anything since the last shot she had until she woke up the next morning. But she had a vision, it was like a dream. A dream that felt so real. He was there, standing next to her and all she could feel was his lips. His hot and passionate kiss yet so tenderly giving her the sensation she was longing for since long time ago.

She shook her head realizing her fantasy was going wild again. ‘What the hell I was thinking. What does he want to tell me? Is he going to . . Wait, Isn’t he in Brazil right now for that music performance? And how is he gonna tell me? When he’s back in Korea?’ she shook her head harder. ‘No no no, that’s not gonna happen. I am not ready for that. I don’t want to hear that thing, no!’

She squeezed her phone within her hand grip. She put it in front of her chest like protecting it from someone else. She jumped in surprise when her phone is vibrating again. This time it takes longer than before. She immediately see her screen and gasped in anxiety upon the name appeared on her screen. That is a phone call.

She answered it after a while. “Yes, unnie. I am sorry, I just found my phone, I am going there now. Bye.” She hung up before giving the other chance to talk. She is tip-toeing outside the changing room to make sure that nobody’s there. She got too immersed with her though before that she didn’t realize the make up artists were already gone without being aware that there’s somebody eavesdropping their conversation.

She runs quickly outside trying to get to backstage as soon as possible. ‘I am not going to think about anything but our performance tonight!’

 

***

 

Seoul, June 10th 2014 8.35 PM, Their favorite cafe

Jonghyun took a peek at his wrist watch for countless times. She told him that she will come, and he believes that. She will come. And he is going to wait for her till she comes. He has prepared everything, his mind, his heart, moreover his speech, something that he really wants to confess that night. It did took a very very long time and so many things to sacrifice for finally making him awake and realize that he wants to change his life. This isn’t what he dreaming on. ‘Better late than never’, that’s what he always say to himself every time annoying voices inside keep bothering him. Waiting for such a couple of hours really mean nothing compared to times he has spent to wait for her to come back. She is surely worth to wait.

Actually he has been very anxious since the time he sent that message to her. ‘What am I going to say? How can I start these things? Can I just tell her that I love her to death that I want her to come back, please leave everything and come back to me.’ He smirked over his last thought. It has been driving him insane. He was completely at fault yet he demands her to be with him again. ‘No, I am not going to do that. I don’t care, I am just going to confess what I’ve been hiding all this time. I am not going to care of what she’s gonna think about it. I am at fault, I deserve all the hate and I will accept it willingly.’ He clenched his hands hardly like assuring himself to go along with his mind later. After all, he’s just afraid that his act won’t actually follow his mind like he did several times back then.

10 minutes later, he feels another presence beside him. He turns his face slowly facing the other’s face and his heart is completely fluttered when she’s smiling at him. That smile, it has always been that smile which can make him kneel down under her heels surrendering his everything for her.

“I am sorry for coming late. I didn’t expect our schedule to finish this late,” her soft yet soothing voice is ruining his sweet imagination.

“It’s okay. I didn’t wait for that long,” responded him trying to be calm but his lips are still quivering.

“I am relieved then,” she sighed in relief afterwards. “Aren’t you tired after taking a very long flight?”

He doesn’t want to be overreacting but he could hear clearly concern and worry all over her voice. The feeling he got is overwhelming, exactly the same like when she always worried about him back then.

“Nope, I am strong. Don’t you see my big muscles?” joked him while shrugging off his shoulders, probably want to show off his big and built arm muscles.

She chuckled, “Okay, I can see you sure are growing bigger,” she responded with teasing face and both are laughing together.

Silence is occupying them as soon as the laughter sound was gone.

‘This is it, Jonghyun! It’s the time! Now or never. Every minute is important. No more courtesy or you’ll end up losing all chances you have,’ a voice inside his head is coming through signaling him to get ready.

He nods his head unconsciously and break the silence.

“Yoona, there’s something I want to tell you.”

She was stunned and her neck strained hard upon hearing his words. ‘Is he going to tell me now? No, I am not ready. I am this selfish girl and I don’t wanna hear that he’s dating someone else right now. I have to say it now, or he gets to say what I have been afraid of before me.’

“Yoona, the truth is . .”

“He proposed to me. He’s going to military service soon and we will get married as soon as he discharged.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I dropped the bom, I just had to T.T

I am so sorry that it took really a long time for me to update this story, even this chapter isn't as long as the other chapters. But it's really the story I want to convey.

Please stay with me till the end so that your curiousity about JongYoon will be answered ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Thank you thank you so much for the support, thank you for waiting for my story to be updated, thank you for eveything, these mean A LOT for me ♥♥♥

Please do upvote, subscribe, and or leave any comments, I really apreciate these all, happy reading!! ^^