First memory

If Only

Date: 2014/04/08 10:35PM

From: Im Yoona

You look messed today :)

 

Jonghyun smiles bitterly upon reading a message on his phone. She's a psychic, he thought. How can she texted him right after he started to think about her. He was typing something. And then erase that. Hesitating for a while, finally click the send button.

 

Date: 2014/04/08 10:47PM

From: CNBlue Jonghyun

I didn't have a time to shave.

 

As usual, he doesn't have good sense of humor. What she was trying to say is no matter how his appearance could be, he is still able to make her heart flutters. She sighed. He isn't wrong, how can he know if she is terribly longing for him ever since their comeback promotion was ended if she didn't say that abruptly in front of his face like she always did when they were together. Oh right, she remembered that even they didn't interact much in those music shows. They were avoiding each other, trying to not look at each other's eyes, keeping silent as if nothing happened. “If only I could say to him that I miss him.”, she said.

 

Date: 2014/04/08 10:58PM

From: Im Yoona

So you really are busy. You should get enough rest, and sleep. Your eye bag’s getting worse.

 

Date: 2014/04/08 11:02PM

From: CNBlue Jonghyun

Talk that to yourself too. You look like a zombie when not smiling. Please eat more.

 

She is laughing hard when reading his reply. He thinks that she’s a zombie. Sort of, because somehow she becomes heartless when he’s not around.

He sent the reply quickly this time. Because he didn’t need time to think of what he wanna say. After all that happened, they’re just naturally worrying each other and giving the same attention as it used to be. He startled when he felt his phone was vibrating.

 

Date: 2014/04/08 11:07PM

From: Im Yoona

I will :)

 

He felt relieved that she will do what he asked her to. He always told her that by the way, and she would always answer the same. But the next day she will be there, looked sick and became thinner every time they met. He can’t help to wonder what is really happening to her. She is happy, at least that’s what she said to him. But why do her eyes always seem hiding sadness and misery.  “Does he really make her happy?”, he regret  to questioning himself about that. Because regardless, she chose to be with him now. “If only I could make her happier than this”. And he realized tonight will be another sleepless night for him when he started to imagine how it all began.

 

***

 

Seoul, March 2012

“Oppa, I’m coming!” Jonghyun who was in the living room heard a familiar girl’s voice once the door was opened. The minute after, he saw a pair of big round doe eyes looked surprise of his existence there. “Oh, where is everybody?”, she asked after couples of minutes of silence, still at the front of the door.

“Kyuhyun and Ryeweok hyung went to minimarket across the street to buy beverages, Minho isn’t coming yet. He’s still in the middle of CF shooting. Changmin hyung could not join us because he’s in Japan.”

Yoona then walked to the sofa to put her bag and sat. “So, you’re alone here?”

“Yes, as you can see. I’m all alone”, he smiled awkwardly and looked down. One thing that he didn’t want to admit is he tried to avoid as many as possible eye contact with this girl. He’s always awkward with girls. s have taught him to be more comfortable around girls. But, what is the meaning of all those theories if he didn’t practice to do that. Up until now, he has not had any interest to make that kind of interaction with girls yet. His male friends are enough, he thought. Not to mention his guitar of course.

Jonghyun favors eyes the most of all human bodies. Through eyes, you can see what’s inside human’s mind. No matter how good people try to hide their emotions, you always can see the truth within their eyes. And beautiful eyes like hers are one of his weaknesses. This was not the first time he had a chance to see those eyes. What can he do when every time his hyung boasted about how perfect his virtual wife through any broadcasted variety shows or news and showed him their performance except being captivated by her. He got nothing to do but to be trapped in her beautiful round doe eyes that always look shinning.

Yoona grinned widely. “Ah right. I can’t believe Kyu oppa left you at his house alone. What if something bad happens while you’re here. Oh no, that’s not what I meant. You know, waiting alone is so boring and you could do nothing. It’s better to have someone to accompany you. Or why didn’t you join them, it could be faster if you tag along.” She held breath and then released it. “I’m sorry, was I talking too much?”, she asked because now Jonghyun looked like he’s being accused of something that he didn’t do. She just tried to overcome the awkwardness between them, because she thought that Jonghyun was nervous and she helped him to be a bit more comfortable.

“It’s okay, I am used to be alone.”, He smirked. What he didn’t realize was that the one who was nervous was her. How couldn’t you if all what you’ve got are smirk, deep gaze, and sharp stare from him. He’s not really friendly, she thought. She cleared , she was not giving up yet. “Really? At least, we are not alone now.” She fleshed him her sweet killer smile.

Damn, she added new item into his list of weaknesses just now. He remembered often see this smile some where, like in a CF, photo shoot, TV, any where but in real life. They ever attended same events occasionally, either music shows or some music awards. But they’ve never been in an intense interaction like this before. They were passing by each other one or two times, but all he did was just bow because they are his sunbaes. Now, he had a chance to experience it in a real life, he never thought it would be this flattering. Nothing he can do but to enjoy the beautiful sight in front of him leisurely because he knew that the more he thinks of what his response is better be the more the tickling sensation in his stomach growing.

“So, what were you doing before I came?”

“I was just reading this magazine”, he answered while looking down at an opened magazine above the table. And he was doomed after that because the page opened was a full page of the face of an endorser of a well known cosmetic brand in Korea. This model was wearing a very light make-up, natural one, holding a cosmetic brand, probably a cream, he wasn’t sure, and she was smiling in the same way as what the girl in front of him just did. Eyes on the picture were shinning the same glitter as what the girl in front of him has. And this model was happened to be Im Yoona. Crap!

She peaked at the magazine and then chuckled. “Ah, I can see that. How long have you been starring to that picture by the way?”, she .

“No, it’s just . . ” It will be the end of him. At a moment like this, his tongue became frozen and he could not think about anything.

She was laughing. Very hard, with widely open showing her teeth. ‘So this is her signature laugh, alligator-yoona they called her. , my list of weaknesses is growing bigger in just 10 minutes. What could it be if I spend time longer with her. What? I dare to think to be with her even longer? This is bad.’ So many thoughts were happening in his mind.

“I was just kidding”, she smiled again, in a mischievous way. “Anyway, what do you think of that picture?”, she became curious suddenly. She was getting used to all praises of how gorgeous she is, how many male celebs pick her as their ideal type, how her fans call her yeoshin, and how many beauty experts claim her to have natural beauty on her face. But she wanted to know what he thinks of her.

One minute. Two minutes. Three minutes. Yoona was still waiting patiently.

“Well, it’s beautiful”, he finally spoke.

“Really? Thank you. What makes it beautiful?”, she demanded more explanation.

“I think a lot of people have already told you that. For me, it’s your eyes and your smile”, he answered while smile shyly and touch his back neck with his palm. “You know well, Jonghyun-ssi. But hearing this from you made me happy, I don’t know why. Because I think you will never tell a lie, your eyes show the truth”. She got his point!

“Actually, I find the more suitable word to describe this picture is genuine”, he hesitated for a while at first but then continued to complete his sentence. Yoona raised her eyebrows as asked for more. She came forward from leaned against the sofa showing she was interested to what he said.

“You’re just being yourself in that picture. You smile in the same way you smiled to me. Your eyes are sparkling as your eyes today, and your skin is glowing as it is. You don’t even need photoshop to make the picture comes out great.”

‘Crap! What did I just say? She must think I am a kind of ert guy or a dumb stalker. Did I just make confession to her? Heol, as it’s not enough that she caught me staring at her picture, now I talked about how perfectly I can picture her face in our first 15 minutes meeting in personal.’ He wanted to runaway from there, but he still took the bait to keep looking at those eyes. He expected strange or disgusting look from her, but he found the sparkle in her eyes became more mesmerizing instead. As she was truly happy. When she was about to say something, they heard the door opened and a man said, “Oh, you came?”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short one for the first chapter finally ^^

Please kindly leave a comment on what you think of this story, whether you're interested or not. This is my very first story, so I feel not confident. Your interests are big support for me to keep on going. Please enjoy!! ^^