1.

Four Walls of Love.

CHAPTER 1

-yuri-

“Catch it boy catch it! Good boy.” First day in Seoul.  Back in the mansion where I was born and I found this little pup in front of my doorstep.

 

“Yes dad, I’ve reached here safely. Yes, thank you for giving me a little companion here. At least I wont be lonely in this big mansion.” I said to him through the phone as I poured a packet of dog bites in the little blue bowl for Minho. Well that’s what I’m planning to call him.

 

“Yes dad. Im feeding Minho then ill get ready for school. Yes dad. Ill try. Okay love you too.” I hung up and hurriedly packed my bag for school. Thanks to dad’s overflowing questions, I might be late for school.

 

 

“WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!” I ran as fast as i could before the security could close the gate. I slid in while greeting the guard and rushed towards the main office.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Kwon Yuri imida.” Yuri said as she entered holding the glass door with her left hand.

 

“Oh youre just in time. Please have a sit. Ill grab your documents for you.” The clerk said as she printed out some papers and arranged it in different bunches. “Here’s your timetable, your book list, your co-curricular activites, school events and your dorm number.”

 

“Dorm number?”

 

“Yes. Your dorm number. Is there something wrong?”

 

“I didn’t apply for a dorm.”

 

“Students studying here must stay in dorms allocated behind the class buildings. A girl and boy in one apartment. It’s a compulsory thing to encourage multi bonding with the opposite gender.”

 

“Omg are you serious? What if they had-“

 

“You guys are 18. You should know better. Furthermore, we have been having this policy since like what? 10 years ago? And none of the girls that graduated earned their certs after delivering a baby. Shows how disciplined and clever this policy is huh?” The clerk said proudly as she adjusted her collar.

 

“Well yeah but I can’t. “

 

“Why?”

 

“Ummmy dad. Yeah my dad will rage if I don’t stay at home. He’ll literally go bonkers.” I exaggerated trying to get away with it. I don’t want to be staying in a dorm with another dude. What if he eats pizza and leaves it under the bed for rats to eat? Ew. Gross.

 

“Oh don’t worry sweetheart. The school will talk to your father and we’ll figure things out. In The meantime, I think you should go off now. Lesson starts in two minutes.”

 

“Oh okay then. Thank you.” I grabbed all the documents and chucked it into my transparent file. Oh god. Im already starting to hate this going back to Seoul thing.

 

-minho-

“Hey. Did you guys hear? A new girl is coming to our class!!!” Jonghyun being the major heartbreaker spazz out knowing there will be a fresh new victim for him to try out.

 

All morning, Jong, Taemin, Onew and even Key the diva, has been buzzing on and on about the new girl. Lol. It’s not that we didn’t experience a newcomer before. That nerd guy from chemistry class came in two weeks ago and still, nobody recognizes him. What kind of girl is she to actually get the attention of everybody in class? I mean, wake up guys. This isn’t the 4th grade where new kids are like presents to us. New kids are practically high potential queenkas and kingkas. They will ruin our live. All they need is money and popularity.

 

“Okay class. Break up all your conversations before I break up all your handphones.” Ms Nam said as she entered the class with her hands filled with our journals.

 

Everybody scurried to their seats. Ms Nam might be sweet looking and nice, but when she says something, she really means it. And by breaking our phones, she really meant breaking our phones.

 

“Okay class, as you all know, a new student from America will be joining us in a short while so I hope everyone treats her well. I don’t want to hear any cases of bullying, kicking, boy drama or whatever. Understood?”

 

“Yes.” The class echoed together.

 

“Okay good. Did the principal come in to tell who’s roommate the new girl will be?”

 

“No but im hoping she’s mine.” Jonghyun said slyly.

 

“YAH do you want to die?! Where am I sleeping then? In the living room?” Jessica, Jonghyun’s current roommate shouted from across the classroom.

 

“Well honey, there’s always this things called her sharing a room with me. You know, bed me and her?”

 

Immature and dirty. That’s Jonghyun for you.

 

Ms Nam went over and smacked his head with a journal. “I’ll make sure you will end up with an injury before we even get started with class. Well honey, you know you, bed and a throbbing head?” Ms Nam rolled her eyes and went back to her table. “No one is moving out of their current dorms. Those male students who have single rooms are most likely to have a new roommate so please tidy up your dorms if they look like pig stys. If everyone is clear let’s move on with lessons so this…”

 

While Ms Nam continued on with lessons, the five of us behind started our daily morning chat. That was when I realized…

 

“Oh god. OH GOD OH MY GOD. I live alone in my dorm room. Oh this is not good. My private space jeez.” I raged to the four boys.

 

“Calm down Minho. There is a big possibility you aint getting the girl as your roommate. That creepy chemistry dude is alone too you know?” Taemin said as he played with his chewing gum.

 

“His name is Kai by the way. You guys gotta start respecting people and stop assuming that his creepy. Who knows what kind of talent he has? Who knows?” Onew, the only mature one in this group has finally spoken out for the new guy. Thank god for humanity.

 

“Hey guys shut up shut up. Here she comes.” Jonghyun hushed us all as a young girl with long black wavy hair walked into the class.

--

 

“Oh you finally came? Did you get lost?”

 

“Well yes, i-“

 

“Aw too bad. Introduce yourself.” The teacher gave her a little push.

 

“Hello. My name is Kwon Yuri. “

 

“Marry me Kwon Yuri!”

 

“NO MARRY ME!” The guys in the class started to become chaotic but everyone hushed down when Jonghyun suddenly fled from upstairs to the front and held her waist lightly with a rose.

 

“My lady. Be mine?”

 

“LET GO OF ME!” Yuri shouted making the whole class silent.

 

Luckily the teacher was there to save Yuri. She slapped Jonghyun’s hand off Yuri’s waist and pinched Jonghyun’s ear.

 

“I’ll take that.” She said as she snatched the rose and placed it behind her ear. “Detention, 2 hours. Phone.”

 

Jonghyun took out his phone as he tried to bare the pain.

 

Ms Nam took it and ordered him to go back to his seat.

 

Yuri was still shocked at the sudden skinship from Jonghyun that she stood rooted to the ground, shivering.

 

Ms Nam noticed her weird behavior. “Miss Yuri? Are you okay?”

 

Yuri had to snap out of the flashback of hers. She shook her head. “Can I be excused to the restroom for awhile?”

 

“Sure.” Ms Nam glued her eyes to Yuri as she fled the classroom.

 

“Kim Jonghyun you’re in deep trouble.” Ms Nam glared at him.

 

-yuri-

 

I ran to a small corridor and sat there, hugging my arms around my legs. I could feel it all coming back. The fear, the pain, everything. I wish it will all just go away.

“Yuri? Omg, it’s really you.”

 

I looked up to my side to see a young man with tan skin looking at me with sweat trickling down his side burns. “You followed me here?”

 

The guy sighed and shook his head and sat down next to me. I sat a little further away, keeping a distance between me and him.

 

“I didn’t follow you here. I ran after you, for years. Still can’t remember me huh?”

 

“Not quite….”

 

“It’s me Kai. Kim Jongin.”

 

“What?....Jongin? Omg Jongin!” I leaped to him and hugged him tightly. “I really thought I was going to die alone in this country.” I shed some tears.

 

“Ill never let you die alone. I promised to him to take care of you no matter what right?”

 

I released from the hug slowly and smiled at him. “Life must have been really hard without him huh?”

 

“Terrible. I couldn’t find one single person that could fill up his spot. He was the one special friend I couldn’t forget. It must have been a lot harder for you. You two were in love.”

 

I glanced outside the small window and looked back at Kai. “Well, nothing has changed. I still love him and I will always will.”

 

“I knew that. You guys were inseparable back in America.”

 

We kept silent for awhile just enjoying each other’s company. It has been years since we met each other and it’s obvious that we’re close since the silence doesn’t really make as feel awkward.

 

“Let’s head back to class. Ms Nam isn’t someone you want to mess around with.”

 

“I figured. When she pinched that guy’s ears, I thought it was going to fall off.”

 

“hahahah silly little girl. Come on let’s go.”

 

 

School ended early and Kai decided to walk me back home. Hence he had to meet a teacher first before he could leave the campus.

 

I decided to wait for him at the car park. Knowing that the kids stay in dorms, none of them will be going to their cars today.

 

“What’s taking him so long?”

 

“Hey new girl!”

 

I looked up and saw the same guy from class just now. “Hey.” I stuttered

 

“I was looking everywhere for you.”

 

What? Another childhood friend of mine? “You were looking everywhere for me?”

 

“Don’t be so shocked. He doesn’t like you.” A friend of him blurted out when he stood beside him. Rude.

 

“Don’t listen to him. I’m Jonghyun and I’m really sorry for doing that to you just now.”

 

“No. It’s my fault. I guessed I kind of over reacted.”

 

“You did.” The guy beside Jonghyun answered again.

 

“Excuse me do you have a problem with me?” I just can’t with this guy anymore. He doesn’t even know me or have even talk to me and yet he’s acting this way? Asking for a punch in the to be honest.

 

“No he doesn’t.” Jonghyun eyed him who coldly looked away. “He’s just pissed that sooner or later, his private space is going to get invaded.”

 

“Well too bad-“

 

“By you.”

 

“WHAT?!” LIVING WITH A STUPID EGOISTIC GUY?! OH I CANT LET THIS HAPPEN.