More to find out.

Despise...

Reason…everything happened for a reason.

She was stalked for a reason.

He was chosen for a reason.

He had reasons for everything he did.

He was just like his father…

“Centuries have passed. Now is the time for their return.”

… …

Yuki was more muscular and confident. It intrigued him.

Yunho looked far more aggressive.

“Welcome back. As per rules, you two shall rest for the day and duel tomorrow. I wish everyone luck. May the best one win.”

And while everyone was led out, Yuki and Yunho were led to the palace where they could share a glance of each other. Yuki was truly grown. She showed no reaction or hostility. She was sure of herself now.

Yunho however was hostile as ever. It seemed that he was still himself even after 270 years in that portal. His eyes widened when Jaejoong’s maid stood beside him. Jaejoong knew…

It was the maid. 

“Her name is Sapphire and I have assigned her to care for you. I hope you find her services satisfying. It’s good to see you Yunho.”

Yunho didn’t respond-he stomped off and the maid excused herself. Yuki just remained there with him.

“Did you miss me Yuki?”   he smirked.

Yuki didn’t respond which kind of made him bored. He walked to her and held her face-hoping she would yank it away. She didn’t…instead she pushed his chest and made him stumble a few steps back.

It surprised him…she had gotten a lot stronger. But he smiled.

“You have gotten far more interesting.”

“When will you tell him?”   she said her first words since her time out of the portal.

“You…figured it out? How did you do it?”  he asked

“You do everything for a reason Jaejoong.”

“That’s why you’re my woman.”   He straightened up and Yuki left without any reaction.

… … …

Yunho slumped on the bed like it was his life. He never thought he would miss a bed so much-kind of childish and he hated that. He sat on the bed and worried. That maid was bothering him…Sapphire.

“May I enter my lord?”   Yunho looked up and saw her. She had a tray of glass for him.   “I was asked to bring you something to drink.”

“What do you want?”

“To serve you my lord. I was asked to…”

“Shut it !”   he shouted at her.   “Why don’t you leave me alone?!”

“That would be disobeying Lord Jaejoong.”   She entered and put the tray on the table.   “I will come to you when you ask of me.”

She was done and was about to leave.

“Wait.”   He spoke and she turned back.

“Yes my lord.”

“You are her…answer me truthfully.”

She smiled humbly and bowed.   “As you wish to think.”   She left the room for him to think to himself. He didn’t like this at all.

……

He walked the empty white halls and the servants were rushing out beside him. He saw the two most beautiful people on the chair-laughing and loving each other. Unlike his mother and much like him, he preferred modern attire than native ones. His reasons were that they were more comfortable and was an easy disguise. 

“Do you not have your love chambers?”   he asked with sarcasm.

“You think too much my son.”   The man of brunette answered and straightened up.   “I heard they returned.”

“Yes…did you see them?”

“Your mother showed me. The woman is fine but I still do not see any reason behind the boy you have brought in.”

“Yunho is a vital piece.”

“I know…”   his mother said.   “But I must ask something of you dear.”

“Anything mother.”   He said.

“You intend to visit them at nightfall, am I correct?”

“You know me too well.”   He smiled.

“Then I must ask you this, my dear-do not bother them till nightfall and at the right time, answer their queries tonight for I cannot see the future outcome of the duel.”

Jaejoong was silent only for few seconds before bowing to his parents.   “Of course mother. I believe you request is for good reason-for we do everything for a reason.”

He bowed again and left the halls of his parents as they continued cuddling each other.

… … …

As requested he didn’t go to their rooms. He let them rest in their chambers and he continued practicing. The decorations continued and daytime passed very quickly.

When nighttime came, he firstly went to his future bride’s room and found her sitting on her bed.

“You are not sleeping my dear.”   He helped himself in the room. Normally she would shout at him for entering her room but now she was just quiet.

“You need anything that I can get?”   he walked to the bed and looked down at her. Without any further words, he sat beside her and observed her calm face.

“You’ve changed so much…”  he raised his hands slowly to her cheeks and lightly them. Her eyes were so cold…

“You came here for something…don’t burden yourself further.”   She murmured deeply that surprised him.

“Oh my…you have changed.”   He smirked.   “And you’re not snapping my hand away.”

“Don’t push your luck and move your hand.” 

As if his old Yuki had returned-he willingly moved his hand.    “Aren’t you nervous?”

“Aren’t you?”

Jaejoong shrugged and smiled again.   “Fighting my girl seems like a tough job.”

“Cut the crap demon.”   She got serious.    “I am curious.”

“About what?”

“Just as I found out that you do everything for a reason…I’m sure you found something about me…and I wish to know.”

He silenced for a moment-he recalled his mother’s request which he possibly couldn’t break…or he could.

“I did but I will only tell you after you win. Now how about a kiss?”   he leaned in slowly to kiss her lips which he could only do once. He fell off the bed because she pushed him without care.

“Things I do for love.”   He got up and fixed his clothes.   “I let you become as powerful as me and you don’t appreciate me.”

“You killed my family.”   She softly countered.   “How about that’s enough for appreciation?”

He sighed.   “You’re cold. I’ll leave you for the night.”

He left the room and she finally laid on her bed to have her rest. She knew that he will be bothering Yunho before finally retiring to his own chamber.

… … … …

Yunho was still pacing. He was restless as ever. It was this place. He didn’t like it and above that the thought of Sapphire scared him. If he hadn’t captured her, he wouldn’t be here.

“Impatient as ever I see.” 

Yunho didn’t care at the moment. He remained silent and pacing. He hated his presence at the moment.

“What are you worried about?”

“Don’t you know, you piece of ?! I want to get out of here!”

“Whoa! Unlike Yuki, you haven’t matured.”

“I don’t care about her!”   he shouted.   “She could die for all I care.”

That pissed him a lot. Within seconds his throat was squeezed tight and the face of the pretty man changed to a dangerous one.

“You do not talk about her like that. Not ever.”   He let go and smiled.   “Is Sapphire serving to your satisfaction?”

Yunho tried to get over the pain and crocked.   “What is it with her? Why did you assign her to me?”

“Don’t you like her? She’s the best.”

“ you…”   he looked away.   “Why did you choose her? Why did you choose me for that matter?”

“You really are a dumb one. Yuki figured it out before you even asked.”

“She’s your soul-mate-you two think alike.”    That was not a compliment from him.     “And here I thought I was fulfilling my father’s dream.”

“Your father was a more honorable man than you.”   Jaejoong muttered out of the blue.   “He respected people unlike you.”

He glared at Jaejoong.   “What did you say?”

“Your father…you are a disappointment in his memory.”

“How…how do you know about him?”

“Didn’t you ever wonder how you came up with the idea of crossroad demons when you never believed them? I came to you.”

“What do you mean?”   

“Your father…assigned me to you. He made a deal with me before his death-to watch over his only son. He thought I was an angel.”   Jaejoong ended up laughing loudly and Yunho couldn’t take it anymore. He pulled Jaejoong’s collar.

“What the are you talking about?!”

“Sweet dreams Yunho. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He vanished with a snap and Yunho was left alone in thoughts. He didn’t wait for tomorrow and left his room. He rushed through the corridor to one place he didn’t want to go…her room.

He didn’t bother knocking. He barged in like an uncivilized man and anyone would expect a shout. But Yuki didn’t shout. She merely opened her eyes and frowned at him.

“And he succeeded tampering with your temper.”

“What did you figure out? How does he know about my father?”

“Hell if I know.”    She sat up.   “Ask him.”

“The son of a left me hanging.”

“Serves you right. Now get out.”   She lied again hoping he would leave.

“Tell me what he knows!”

“I don’t know.”   She muttered.    “I just figured out that he may have connections to your past-that’s all.”

Yunho calmed down. He finally realized that Yuki was useless as usual-to him at least. He left her room and hoped to find peace.

He went to his room and walked to his balcony to see the night sky and the moon.

He wondered whether his father really made a deal with the demon. If so, why?

“If you wish to know my lord, come to the west wing tomorrow during the match.”   Yunho turned around and saw Sapphire in his bedroom.

“What are you doing here?”   he muttered.

“Answering to your woes my lord.”

“What do you know about it?”   he spat.   “Nothing!”

“If you wish to know about your father, then come to the west wing. There you will find your answers.”

She said nothing further and left him before he could ask more. He was truly confused more than ever.

………………………………………….

Yuki didn’t want any more disturbance-she shut her eyes and hoped to succumb to slumber. And fortunately she could and she was already in her dreams.  

She walked through the dreamy mist, in midst the grass land but unknown as to where. The mist slowly cleared and the place came to her clear sight. Her eyes widened.

“It’s my…”   it was her hometown. She slowly walked ahead and noticed people appearing one by one-people she knew but younger. One appeared beside her, working on a field. She put her hand on his shoulder but it passed right through him.

“I am invisible…whose memory am I seeing through?”    she saw a puddle next to her feet and saw her reflection. It wasn’t her! It was Jaejoong! Her hands shakily touched the face of the body she was in.

“I’m in Jaejoong’s body!”   she was shocked and disgusted. She couldn’t stand being in his body!   “Get up! Let me wake!”   she screamed and scratched her own skin but to no avail. Then someone’s voice caught her attention.

It was a man-a man she knew her whole life. She murmured.   “Father…”   and waiting no further, she rushed to him and followed where he was going. Following him seemed like a heavy job because she was getting tired.

She saw him going in his house where her mother and her older siblings came out-greeting her father. They looked so happy. But suddenly they all heard a baby’s cry. She noticed their stares and followed just as the family did.

Her family rushed at the back of the house and saw what she never expected-an abandoned baby. Yuki’s mother rushed to it and took it up her arms. She showed the baby to her father and siblings…

“Who is this baby?”   she neared, as if Jaejoong once did. There was a bad feeling in her…the body actually. She felt whatever Jaejoong felt. She looked at the baby and back at her mother.

“We’ll name her…Yuki.”

“NO!”

It was already morning…

……………………………………

The palace and the garden was decorated beautifully. Everyone was anticipating the best out of this event. However two certain people were in their lonely hall and were too busy kissing each other.

“My dear, I cant help but realize that you have figured out certain things that you are keeping from me.”   He said and kissed her eyebrow.

“It is not as if I am keeping a secret lover from you. That would be so y.”   She nibbled on his ears.

“But I am dying with curiosity.”   He nuzzled her neck.   “Tell me before I bite your neck out of anticipation.”   And he lightly bit her neck.

“You devil.”  She tried to bite his lips before he moved away.   “Yes, I figured something about our son.”

“Tell me already.”   His hands were already slipping inside her robe.

“Alright.”   She giggled and looked at him.   “Do you know that our son is a devious one?”

“Yes.”   He smirked.   “Just like his mother.”

“But like his father, he would not cheat in a fight unlike he does during making deals with humans.”

“Of course, that is against his character.”

“But do you know that the girl would also not cheat during the fight?”

“She’s a human. She does not stand a chance against our son but her confidence says otherwise. Just because she had trained 270 years she thinks she will have a fair chance against him.”

“Yes. Both of them will fight fair but do you know the aftermath?”

“Aftermath of the battle? As in whoever wins? Of course. If our son wins, he takes her legitimately as his bride.”   He said casually.

“And if she wins, she returns to the human world free of him.”

“So…why are we recapping the whole issue?”   he was confused.

“Jaejoong is our son-the deviousness is in his blood but do not forget my sweet-that she is a human. Deviousness is in their nature.”

As if a bell had rang in his mind-his face brightened. This was going to get more exciting.

“You mean?”

“Yes…”

“How?”

The woman remained quiet.

… …

The fight was yet to start and Yuki was armoring herself. Yunho just stood there quietly. After finishing her dressing, she and Yunho stepped out of their tent and saw many people who have come to see the event. There was excitement in the crowd. Yunho looked over and noticed Sapphire in the crowd.

She showed no reaction and swiftly left the crowd-inside the mansion. Yunho was about to leave her side.

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t need to see the fight. I need to rest.”   He left and Yuki complained no further. She had her own worries. She just found out the most shocking thing of her life. She saw Jaejoong coming out of his tent with his sword. He was smiling as usual.

The announcer stood up and greeted everyone.   “Now is the time for the battle we have never seen! A duel between Lord Jaejoong and Lady Yuki! This is the battle of the history and we are all honored and excited to be here! Fighters, take your places!”

Yuki and Jaejoong came to the ground and stood face to face. Their faces were determined as ever.

“Whoever shall win, will have his/her wishes fulfilled! Should Lady Yuki win, Lord Jaejoong shall free her back to where she came. Should Lord Jaejoong win, he will have her as his bride and we shall have her as our next High Lady! Fighters-need you exchange any words?”   the announcer asked.

“Yes, my dear host!”   Lord Jaejoong responded and looked at Yuki. He spoke silently.    “I see you found out as to why you lived while your family died. Were they your true family-they would have avoided as you did. Now you know who you truly are.”

“I still don’t…I don’t know what my real family was or why I was left alone. But I know this demon! They were my family still and you killed them! For all I know, you could have killed my real family too!”

“Now, now my dear. I would not have stooped so low. Perhaps they died just like any other humans or were killed. I had no hand in their lives. You can find out once you win and return to your world.”

The announcer raised his flag and when he would drop it, the fight would start.

… … …

Yunho was alone because the rest were outside the palace. He looked to the west and wondered whether this was the way to the wing Sapphire was talking about. He followed the way and found stairs going below towards the dark.

He wasn’t afraid of the dark. He descended the stairs and found a faint candle light once he was there. There she was-sitting and praying to a statue of snake-wearing a white dress looking so beautiful.

“I’m here. Now tell me everything.”

Sapphire looked up and turned her face.   “Come.”

“Why? You told me, you’ll answer my questions! So answer me!”

“Touch the statue and you will get your answer. It is not hard to find.”   She stood up and moved away for him. Yunho slowly walked to the statue and looked at it. It was made of white marble and looked magnificent.

He slowly raised his hands and touched the tip of the statue and his eyes rolled back.

All the answers rushed to his heads like a thousand storms! His head felt like exploding due to the amount of information and their heaviness. He could see everything!

He soon moved his hands away and almost tumbled over. But she caught him and let him sit on the ground.

“You found your answer?”   she asked. She knew he would need to share the memories he saw or else he wouldn’t be able to rid the migraine.

“My-my father! He-he was dying! He was dying! He saw him-J-Jaejoong! He saw the demon!”   Yunho slammed his hands on the ground angrily.    “Jaejoong lied to him! He said he was an angel of last wishes of the dead! He ing lied to him so he could get to me! But why? Why?”

“You know the answer my lord. Look into it.”   She nudged him.

“Yes…yes. I know…I know. Because I am the first of my kind! My kind! What is my kind other than being a human? What was it?”   he was lost again.

“Try and look my lord.”

“Yes! Yes! I found it-the first of the demon-human allegiance! Yes! I will be the first human to ally with a demon! I am the first one to make a deal with a demon at the crossroad!”

“Go on my lord.”

“I am the link between the human and the demon world! He chose me so he could have control over both human and this realm! I am his knight! No! Jaejoong lied! He said, there are many other! But he lied! I am the first one! But is it random or inherited? If random then by what elements? If inherited, then my father or my mother could have been involved? What is it?!”    he was frustrated.

“You know why my lord. How about I help you this time? It is random. You were born randomly. The elements are a coincidence to have come to you. It could have been your sister or someone else. This is not an issue to be worried about.”

“Yes it is! It means I have to stay beside him no matter what! Even if she wins! She goes, I stay! No! that cant be! I don’t want to stay here! NO!”

He started screaming madly and Sapphire held him.   “My lord…I will forever be beside you. I shall be your sanity in this world. You can vent your frustration on me…that is what I am here for.”

“NO! HELP ME! GET ME OUT OF HERE! GET ME OUT! NO!”

He continued screaming while she remained holding onto him. He was going mad…mad for real.

… … …

“So he found out.”    The woman in white murmured as she and her man looked through the orb. The fight was excellent and none of them could figure out who would win.

“Poor human.”   The man mumbled indicating Yunho.   “He’s bound to stay with our son no matter what and his needs are returning.”

“Which is why Sapphire was assigned to him. She is the one for him.”

“You still haven’t told me.”

The fight continued excellently and the woman went on-looking at the orb.

“None of them would cheat during the fight but one of them would cheat after the match.”

Yuki could manage to dodge many attacks coming from Jaejoong. She flipped back many times to gain her stance.

“Whoever loses shall cheat the system-be that my son or her.”

Yuki swung her sword at him which slightly passed near his face. He was shocked but intrigued.

“Should my son win, he will claim her but she will not give up so easily.”

Their swords clashed each other like clouds that create lighting and thunder.

“She will cheat, she will escape from his clutches and will get loose in our realm. She will forever hide and run from him while he will forever hunt her.”

“And should she win?”   he asked.

“She will escape back to her reality but he shall cheat. He will go back and torment her for the rest of her life which shall be as long as his now that they are soul-mates. He has put his lips on hers.”

“A kiss to align the bond.”

“She will never be free and he will never have her but they will not be able to live their lives separately. She will forever run from him and he will forever hunt her down. She would eventually find out about her true family-her true nature. Her true purpose.”

“To hunt demons.”   He sighed and looked at the orb.   “And our son knows it and likes it. Just like us.”   He smiled.

“I am now excited about the human boy-he will be stuck with our son forever now that his life is as long as our son’s and hers.”

They both looked at the orb that showed Yunho’s madness, and the fight getting more intense. They both didn’t know what would happen but they knew what could happen.

The fun was just starting and a new chapter will soon emerge that would forever entwine their lives. They could never be separated.

What will Yunho do?

Who will win?

Who will have to cheat the system?

Whom do you want win? Let me know and I shall provide a consequence for the answer.