You think this is the end? Think again...

Despise...

 

The darkness engulfed the room save for the small ray of light through the window crack. She sat there glumly in the room; crouching on her knees. She has lost count of the hours here but she knew a day had not passed since she came here. She knew there were presence here other than her and the demon...like the maid that served her food...the kind maid that comforted her however Yuki always refused her kindness for she had not the heart to respond kindly.

Plates of food would be returned each time and she had turned away three times without eating. Her stomach crunched and twisted horribly as she could no longer deny her natural needs.

"Damn you...damn you Yunho...I damn you to hell!"   she cursed under her breath.

She wondered what the devil was doing in his home...the man she called a brother and a friend. He just gave up on her like that without further consideration when she was giving up on herself for his life. She wondered what he was doing now...

............

He suited and booted perfectly; looking handsome and fit. He brushed his hair and looked at the mirror at his handsome reflection. He looked just like his father...Yunho would make his father proud.

He would be a suited soldier in the army for he had no desire...no human desire to seek companionship and . He would not be distracted with that petty need to release his tension...all he needs is to kill the enemy and make a place for himself.

He was finally admitted in the army and he was looking forward to the harsh trainings that he would so easily pass.

...........

The demon very well knew that she was skipping her meals and he was amused that she was looking to slowly starve to death. He knew that soon she would try jumping to her death but would fail miserably...he is waiting for that. He took up his crystal sphere and his eyes momentarily changed color to blue. Smoke emerged in the sphere and Yuki's image appeared.

She was just sitting; avoiding her meal as always...her face was gaunt and pale and her face had sunken. She looked worse than ever and that put a genuine smile on his face. He liked to see that side of hers where she had no hope of escaping or living. He would now like to see her try for the ultimate conduct.

Yuki stood up and walked slowly to the windows as her night dress touched the carpet. Her face was shaded with dried tears and her lips were dried up. She reached for the windows and opened them to feel the cold wind on her skin. What was she thinking? Would jumping really free her?

She didn’t care...

She raised her legs on the window still and quickly vanished from his crystal. Jaejoong finally smiled; showing the sparkly teeth and the crystal no longer viewed the room. He left his seat and went to her room where he saw her on the bed; looking confused than ever. She stared at him desperately for an answer.

"What happened? I just jumped from the window...why am I here?"

"Because you cant jump my dear."   He entered the room and walked to her bed. He sat beside her and her freakishly long hair.    "This realm is similar to the dead...whenever you try to die, you end up where the dead are. However this is not a realm of the dead...just for demons and deities like us."

Yuki shook because of the lingering feeling of falling from height. She hugged herself and tried to shake the feeling off. It was hard…the feeling was not pleasant. Jaejoong warmly smiled and took her shoulder gently which in turn caused her to shiver. She looked at him with fear and then tried to jerk away from him.

“Let go! Don’t touch me!”

But his grip tightened and forcefully made her to look at him and this time his expression was not soft anymore.

“Do not take me for granted Yuki…I am only warm to you because I cannot help myself but make me angry and I will cross all the limits. I have taken your freedom and your mortality…the only thing of value to you left, is your chaste. Do not make me steal that away from you with aggression…so beware my lady.”

He let her go and laughed like a child this time.   “Ha ha ha! Your face is priceless! But forgive my insolence…”   he patted her head like a brother.   “I like it when you rebel against me like that. Don’t lose that spark dear; just don’t skip meals anymore.”

He left the bed and was almost at the door when he heard her.

“What can I do here…besides being your slave?”

Jaejoong turned to her with a firm and confident expression and answered.   “You are not my slave…you are my beloved and if you are determined to escape my cage then you will be more than welcomed here and will be treated with respect by others. That is so because rebels are always respected and feared…and loved at the same time. Therefore…don’t be such a melodramatic woman and be what you were always were…a fighter…like you fought that disease.”

Yuki’s eyes widened when he mentioned the last word. It was like a sudden memory click for her…he knew about her past…and there was a reason for her abduction. He was intimated by her strength of all manner-mental, spiritual and physical.

…….

What would she do if she knew? He thought…she would probably plot against him to kill him for he was the one to cause the plague like always. It was his job…his job was to create an epidemic once in a while but she survived…and that intrigued him.

She survived his epidemic that no one could…

What would she do if she knew?

He saw the plate coming out the room again and still not empty. She was still skipping food…

He simply left his seat and called the maid harshly. The woman stopped and fearfully looked at her master. She was in her mid-teens and had a very frail body and she shook in fear because he was one of the cruelest demons in this realm.

“She skipped food again…I specifically ordered you to make sure that she doesn’t. Did I not make myself clear?”

“I-I’m s-sorry m-master…i-its just no matter how much I tell her…she doesn’t eat.”   She looked down; shaking all over. Jaejoong cocked his head aside and hit her; throwing her on the floor and the plate crashed with food all over. The girl tried to get over the pain and soon staggered back but he kicked her beforehand and sent her throwing aside.

“You have the nerves to disobey me! I told you to make sure that plate comes empty and you failed! How dare you even put up an excuse?!”   he kicked her again in the stomach that made her bleed from .

“I’m sorry m-master! Pl-please spare me!”

“I did not hire you to spare you! You will obey me!”   he brutally beat her with his legs and all the commotion made Yuki rush out of her room. She was horrified to see the bad state of the poor maid.

“Jaejoong!”    she rushed to the maid and pushed him away. Jaejoong stopped and saw her kneeling before his bloody and bruised maid. Yuki held her gently with shock and then glared at him.   “How can you beat her like this?! She’s just a teenager!”

“She disobeyed me.”   He casually answered.

“So you abuse her like this?!”   she couldn’t believe her ears.  “What orders were so more important that you disregard her state?!”

“I ordered her to make sure that your meal plates come out empty…”   he smirked at her as her face changed to a desperate one.

“So…you punished her like this…for me?!”   tears formed in her eyes and she looked at the girl. The maid was almost unconscious. Yuki looked at Jaejoong pleadingly…    “I will eat…don’t hurt her…or anyone for me. Let her be treated…please.”

Jaejoong smiled widely…she finally realized that he wasn’t messing when he said to be careful with her attitude. She had to watch her steps after all.

………….

Yunho was proud and so were the trainers. They were complimenting his strength and his focus on everything. He heaved in with pride and looked at the sky; mumbling to his father.

He had done it. Soon he will be out in the field for his skills.

The rest wondered how he was so mechanical and robotic. He lacked the need to sleep, eat or make friends. Most of the time he would read and practice or just run around. He particularly didn’t get along with women, for to him, they were a waste of time. The women stayed away from him…

And he wasn’t bothered a bit. He didn’t even bother about wondering about Yuki, the woman he shared two years with! A trainee came in with a letter for Yunho and handed it to him; saying it was an urgent on. He tore the letter and his face changed to a pleased one. It stated…

“Soon to be out in the field in due…”

He will out sooner than his trainee fellows…

……..

Yuki had her food with Jaejoong constantly watching her and she had enough. When she was done, another maid came in and took the empty dishes. Jaejoong was still looking at her…when she couldn’t take it anymore, she glared at him.

“Could you please stop eye me?”

“I wish I could really do so.”

That ticked her real good and Jaejoong was already having fun. Since they were alone in the room, he didn’t hesitate to walk to her and sit beside her. He took her hair but she snapped it away without hesitation and he quickly held her hand.

“I like it when you do that.”   He kissed the back of her hand and she pulled it away with a disgusted look. She left the bed and walked to the window but he was already behind and pushed her on the wall.

“How long do you think you can resist my advances?”

“As long as I live! Now move away…”

He neared his face to her neck, much to her dismay and breathed on her skin while she struggled to get free.   “I really like it when you fight.”

“ off Jaejoong.”   Her voice was firm.

“Since when did you have such a mouth? But I can fulfill that wish…”   he whispered on her lips before she moved her face away.    “Ah, your lips are not easy to claim but I can be satisfied with your neck.”    He pressed his lips on her neck.

“STOP IT! GET AWAY FROM ME!”    she shouted and tried pushing him away and when he did, he saw her glares and this time, she had no tears but anguish. She was slowly learning not to cry.

“I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! I CANT TOLERATE YOUR TOUCHES AND DISGUSTING ADVANCES LIKE THIS! Please let me have a moment of peace!”

“How can I?”   he closed her space again to the wall.   “I have been doing this ever since you were young.”

“What are you talking about?!”

“The plague…don’t you remember the plague that took your siblings and your mother and the villagers? That consumed the crops and people?”

Yuki tried to think and when it came to her…she looked at him shockingly.   “You did this? You did this to my village?!”   Jaejoong didn’t need answering and within moments, she lunged at him with her hands as claws and her body as shield.

Jaejoong held her body like a child throwing tantrums and embraced her while she scratched him and cursed him.

“YOU…SON OF A ! YOU MURDERER! COWARD! INHUMAN BASTARD!”

Jaejoong laughed as if wrestling with a little kid and they both fell on the bed with a thud. She screamed and kicked his stomach but Jaejoong pinned her without struggle and watched her wriggling. Yuki kept fighting him until her body gave out and she started panting. Jaejoong finally said…

“If anyone saw us, they would think, I actually made love to you roughly.”   With that his stomach received two more kicks.   “Easy now…”    she was confused more than ever and angry than ever before…she really had no way out.

“The truth is Yuki…I love you but I am also amused by how you survived the plague and how you still manage to surprise me with every action. This makes you more desirable and yet I constantly resist refraining from touching you because I want you to remain as you are physically. I may always ually harass you but I want you pure as you are…”

“You ing bastard! I’ll kill you if you touch me!”

“Trust me Yuki, we will consummate our love and this room will keep the sounds of love making, young forever…but for now; I will keep myself under control.”   He got off her and the bed; stepping away from her while she sat up on the bed.

“While you’re here, you may take a walk outside this mansion and you may use the library and if you wish to study something, you may. I will call tutors for any subject…and I mean any subject you want.”

“Any subject?”   that came out bitter from Yuki’s mouth for she did not believe it.

“Yes…what subject do you wish?”

Yuki didn’t have to think. She quickly answered.   “Everything! From science to history and defense!”

“Hmm…is there something you wish to do once you learn it all?”

“Yes…”   she knew he would never refuse.

“And what would that be?”

“I wish to challenge you to a duel when I am done learning the defense and offense!”

Jaejoong’s face beamed up with excitement! He really wasn’t expecting this! He looked at her with enthusiasm and stated.   “Winner gets a wish! Loser has to comply! What is your wish?”

“Set me free…untouched.”    She gritted through her teeth.

“Very well…and should I win…we will consummate our love and you will become my legitimate bride.”

Yuki was taken back…she was not expecting that. She gulped hesitantly at Jaejoong.

“Well?”   Jaejoong stated.   “Do I get an agreement? This is your only chance Yuki…and I will make sure you receive the best of fighting class. How about you chose your own teacher so it would be an unbiased lesson? This could ensure your freedom…”

That chance seemed good enough for her…but should she lose…he would…she would have to. She didn’t know what to say…

“Yuki…”

“Yes!”   she loudly answered.   “I accept the condition!”

Jaejoong’s smile widened.   “Then I will let you go out and allow you to search for a tutor. You can fight me whenever you think you can…”

Jaejoong left the room and Yuki could no longer remain sitting. She fell down on the bed and crouched her knees to her face. They were the only comfort to her.

…..

Days have passed since then and Yuki had been outside the mansion…the life outside the mansion is a different one. It was different than her life back in her own world. The beings here would live their lives lavishly and train their abilities to trick and deceive and some would maintain their magnificence. The beings knew her for she was the only human being trapped in this realm.

They would eye her and bow to her with fear for the cruelest demon had hold of her and any disrespect towards her would render their to hell…true hell.

She searched for a fighter…she searched the armory, the fighting clubs, the yoga masters but none agreed to fight for her for they knew…they could never teach her to fight against the demon.

She came back once again with disappointment and noticed few beings in elegant robes in the dining hall, in the library…it was as if this mansion had become a college. Although it was her wish to let the scholars in so they could share their knowledge with her. There were history scholars who shared every kind of history lessons with her…mainly the land conquering and mastering this estate. Next she was tutored of the laws of this land…mainly about penal and civil law.

Next she would learn of laws of magic and science altogether. The world she used to live in had magic before but they slowly vanished because people could not tolerate the deadly effects of it. Their minds would go crazy and thus they were out by this realm. However they exist in minimum and can be called, if humans knew the appropriate way…like calling crossroad demons.

But today she was met with another failure. She could not find herself a teacher would teach her to fight the demon. She saw the demon walking by; amidst the scholars and each bowed to him. Knowing it was time for them to leave, they left them alone in the library.

Jaejoong still had the smile on his face as he neared her.

“Still unable to find a teacher huh? None have the courage to teach you against me Yuki…how about I find you one? The bravest demon of them all.”

Yuki looked at him questioningly.    “What if you find someone who purposely doesn’t teach me?”

Jaejoong chuckled.  “I can stoop low but not that low…I will find you a teacher and you can judge him based on his skills and determination to make you win. Because his life will be on the line…”

Yuki remained silent as Jaejoong waited for a response; when he didn’t, he continued.   “I will bring you the best of the best…”

“When?”

“Now…”

It would be the biggest surprise of all…