Freedom...or so thought.

Despise...

Yuki slowly opened her eyes feeling that for the first time, she had slept well. Smiling lightly; she sat up on the bed; yawning and stretching. Right then she heard a knock with Yunho calling out.

“You awake Yuki? I made breakfast. You didn’t eat last night.”

“I’ll be out there in a minute.”   She answered feeling the scrunch in her stomach. Shaking her head with a smile she went to the bathroom freshening herself up.

 After coming out, she suddenly noticed herself in the mirror. Never before she glowed so much.

“It’s time I move on and find a job. I can do it this time.”

Wearing new clothes, she went out in the dining room noticing that Yunho was serving food on the table. This guy…ever since she had moved in with him, he had been taking care of her and not once she felt like she was abandoned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She sat near her computer; not knowing what to do. She had lost all her faith in real world now she was seeking comfort in the virtual world. No one could help her; not even the doctors. Not knowing much; she googled symptoms, similar to hers. Out of many results, there was only one online with alias ‘U-know- and she decided to knock him.

“Are you having the same feeling of being watched?”

“Yes…”     He replied after some time      “Are you?”

“Yes…”    she typed in and looked at the monitor.    “It’s the same feeling of being deprived of privacy and the feeling of being stalked.”

“Have you spoken to anyone?”

“I have…to doctors and others. But they don’t believe me.”    She felt like typing all day sharing the same problem.

“Same here. They were even asking me to get admitted.”     Few seconds later he asked her.     “I’m Jung Yunho…”

“Yuki Nakama…nice to meet you.”

“Not in the most pleasurable circumstances.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yuki…Yuki?”   Yunho finally got her out of her thoughts, as she glanced at him at the table.

“What are you thinking?”

“Nothing.”    She took her seat looking at him.     “Recalling how we actually met.”

Yunho chuckled taking his seat.

“Not the nicest one. We were practically insane…although…”   he paused.

“Although what Yunho?”   She softly asked looking at him. He glanced at her with a soft smile continuing.

“I got over the hallucination quite quickly…as soon as you moved in.”

“Good to know that I was able to get rid of your pain. You’ve been very good to me all these months.”

“Well…”    he took his spoon and started eating.   “Eat now.”     Her smile widened and started eating.

After breakfast Yunho soon left for work and she sat on the couch reading newspaper to look for a job. With her qualification and her newly found freedom, she would be able to get any job now and if possible…she may be able to return to her country.

Her newly found freedom…

Her mind drifted off again…how did he even exist? How could that man exist? Why her? Just because he liked her? Demons are not able to love genuinely. She threw the paper away and took her cell, browsing over the internet about demons. However all she found was novels and fictions but she could find one valid reference and that was incubus and succubus. They can easily attract humans but…she couldn’t feel any attraction.

“I hate him…”    and that was true.

She searched further whether anyone else had a feeling of being kidnapped by demons…but found none to be genuine.

“Why am I so interested in this?”

Why wouldn’t she be? Something like him existing and her knowing; was nothing normal. How could she live normally knowing a demon had once followed her? What can stop him from coming again?

“I should just look for a job and forget this.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She flinched when her boss slammed his hand on the table.

“HOW CAN YOU JUST FORGET TO FAX THEM?! BECAUSE OF YOU WE LOST A VALUABLE CONTRACT!”

How could she say that she could not sleep all night because she felt that someone was in the house and she had stayed up all night with a broom in case a burglar came in. however in the morning, she kept dozing off and was unable to listen to her boss’s instructions.

She kept bowing to her boss; apologizing. But he lost a contract because of her…she won’t be spared.

“You’re fired!”

She felt as if her life was just torn apart…

“Pack your table and leave!”

What else could she do?

After coming home, she sat on her computer and went to skype. They quit the forum a long time ago and had moved on talking on skype. Yunho was online…somehow he was always online whenever she needed him.

“How was your day?”     He asked looking fresh as ever.

“I am fired…my boss fired me.”    She let out the truth and Yunho’s face faded hearing that.

“I’m so sorry…Yuki…”

“Why is this happening to me?”    Her voice gave out.

“Yuki?”

“Why am I suffering this? What did I do?”    She ended up sobbing in front of the monitor. Yunho could only see.

“Oh Yuki…I wish I could be there…”

“I don’t know what to do anymore…”    she looked at the screen.    “What am I going to do?”

Yunho was quiet for some time before saying.

“You can come to Korea…and move in with me.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had just dialed a number she found on the paper for a job. It required a female cashier at a supermarket and she had done plenty of those after coming to Korea however due to her lack of sleep, she was fired from each of them. Now that he was gone, she could finally get a permanent job. She didn’t feel like depending on Yunho anymore.

‘Come to think of it…ever since I moved here, not once I’ve seen him unwell.’

She ignored the fact that Yunho was never ill…maybe it actually went away way before than hers. And her situation was a demon while Yunho’s was a real mental thing. There was no way he could lie.

She spoke to the employer on the phone and set an appointed for tomorrow. Hanging up; she looked in the kitchen to look for ingredients to cook. She would have to treat him something now that she found something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho was astonished to see so many varieties on the table while Yuki was feeling smug. He took a seat and started chomping on whatever he could get.

“This is incredible! What’s the big occasion?”

“Well I found a job…although not a big one but still I found a job and I am sure that nothing will ever get in my way.”

“Awsome! Good to see that you’re doing well. This is delicious!”    He chomped on more while she ate and watched him. He would sometimes be a big goof. He was a best bud.

“Maybe I could finally move out of here and give you the space you had before.”

He stopped eating and looked at her.

“Yuki…if you’re uncomfortable with me; that’s different but…I don’t want you to move out. I like having you here…its been long since I had a family.”     He looked down at his food. Yuki felt bad because she knew he had no family…they all died due to separate tragic incidents. His father’s death was most recent who was a militia; who died 4 years ago in Yeonpyeong Island. While his mother died at a very early stage of ulcer.

“I like living with you too Yunho. You’re my best bud.”

“Best bud? I like that…buddy.”    He smiled and took her hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had started her job and for the next three days, it was going well. She had no worried about sleep and late night stalking. Maybe she could really move on and live with Yunho. He had become like a brother to her and she felt responsible for him and his health.

However…Yunho had gotten busier these days. He worked at an automobile shop but wanted to become a soldier just like his father. As much she wished his happiness, she wanted him to be safe and not join the military. He would sometimes not come home and she would wait for him.

She missed her brother, her friend…her family.

She finally called him when night came and she was home. After three rings, he picked up.

“Yuki? Why are you up so late?”

“Will you come home tonight Yunho?”

“Maybe not…I have some cars to fix. Been working overtime so I could learn shooting.”

Okay…”    her shoulders slouched.    “Sleep tight.”

Night bud.”

She put the phone away and went to bed…she wished he would be more at home…

Not changing into her night suit, she laid on the bed, closing her eyes.

Feeling lonely?”

Her eyes shot open. She knew that voice…she knew…it wasn’t her imagination…he was…

Back…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho unlocked the door, knowing she was sleeping. It was 5 in the early morning. He entered the apartment, throwing his bag on the floor. Closing the door, he turned, only to be tightly embraced by Yuki.

“Yuki? You’re awake?”

She didn’t answer…her body shook lightly as he returned the hug.

“Yuki? What’s wrong?”   He pulled her face and was stunned with her expression. She looked scared. She was scared of something.

“What’s the matter?”   He asked again.

“Yunho…he’s…he’s back!”

“Who’s he? Who is back, Yuki? Did something happen last night?”

She couldn’t answer; Yunho took her to the couch and sat beside her.

“Tell me Yuki…I’m your bud. You can tell me anything.”

Could she? Maybe she can…she wiped her face and noticed how tired Yunho was. He had just returned and now she was bothering him with her problems.

“No…nothing. I was just afraid of nothing. You go sleep…I’ll prepare breakfast.”     It was best not to tell him.

“Yuki…you look more sleep deprived than me. Come on, go to your room. We’ll have cup noodles in the morning.”    He took her to her room and pushed her inside. He rubbed his eyes and went to his room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She went to work in the morning and eventually, Yunho asked nothing further but she didn’t hear it again. While taking a coffee break, she went to the storage room to rest her eyes. She sat on one of the boxes sipping on her coffee.

“Sweet isn’t it?”

She straightened up.

“Why did you stop? I like seeing you drink.”

She sat there quietly as if hiding from someone.

“I wont leave that easily…”

Her sight blurred and it was not her tears. It was her brain…her vision became unclear. The cup fell out of her hands and burnt her hand. She stood up with the pain and held on the wall.

She wanted to call someone but no words came out of and soon she felt herself fall.