Good luck

Despise...

This was the moment of his life in the field. He was finally at the job he was born for. He awed everyone with his strength of ten men. He amazed everyone with his lack of basic needs. He surprised everyone when he denied the need of ual release.

He was proud…so proud. 

He was even more proud when he managed to capture an enemy spy-that’s what they all thought. The victim was a woman who pleaded that she was only the shepherd’s daughter who was working in her father’s absence because he was sick. She cried and pleaded that she needed to go home-her family was waiting for her.

They did not heed to her-they beat her mercilessly and Yunho did so himself. He bruised her face so badly that her beauty was gone beneath the blood.

“I swear, I’m not a spy! I’m not a spy!”   she cried again and he whipped her with the cane.

“Likes of you disgust me-you can only cry and beg for mercy. You are good for nothing!”   he hit her again. His seniors were impressed but a little baffled. They have never seen anyone like him. He was way too impressive and he deserved a higher position.

“I am sure you can get a confession out of her: if you’d be a little nicer.”   One of the seniors suggested.

“Nice to her? She doesn’t deserve that kind of treatment.”   He said that outright.

“She could be telling the truth.”

“Or she is lying. We do not linger on uncertainty.”

“But try talking to her…I will send her to your tent and see what you can find you. She may be willing to tell you then.”

Yunho sighed and agreed with his senior-he wished he hadn’t.

Yunho was waiting at his tent at night when she was pushed in by two soldiers. They left her alone and she fell on her knees. She was too weak to stand and her face was dry with blood.

“You…w-wanted to see me s-sir?”   she hoped he wouldn’t beat her again.

“I want a simple answer. What were you doing at the mountains? Were you supplying the enemy with our position?”   he asked flat out.

“No sir.”   She sobbed.   “How many times should I tell you? I was only walking my herd and…”

“Yes I know the rest. But I know you are lying so you better tell me now. I am forced to ask nicely.”

“W-what do want to know?”

“Whom are you answering to?”   Yunho frowned and asked. The girl hesitantly looked around and waited for a moment. She gulped and looked at him.

“You wouldn’t believe me.”   Her tone was softened.

“Why not?”

“He isn’t of this world.”   Her tone changed to a admired one.

“What do you mean?”

“He comes from…”    she weakly smiled and her eyes sparkled as if all the pain was gone.   “Hell…”

Yunho suddenly took a step back and the girl stood up. She took a step forward and Yunho found himself no longer able to move.

“He’s not done with you…Yunho.”

“W-who are you?”

She didn’t answer and he shouted.

“WHO ARE YOU?!”

And within seconds…he felt himself falling into nothing and the girl vanished into a smoke.

………..

He was unaware of the circumstances. Why was he here? How was he here? He looked around shakily and found the devil before him but someone worse than that…she was there.

“Him? This is your best fighter?!”   she shouted at Jaejoong. Jaejoong shrugged and looked at Yunho.

“Welcome to my world.”

“What the am I doing here? Why did you bring me here?! I was in an important mission, you -tard!!”   he screamed at Jaejoong and quickly fell on his knees. His body was adapting to the environment.

“I was missing you Yunho. This cannot be complete without you. You are a vital piece to this game.”

“How can he help me?!”   Yuki didn’t care about his bad position-that he was in pain. 

“He can…he’s the only one who can. There is no one like him.”   Jaejoong giggled and knelt beside Yunho. He patted his shoulder and Yunho couldn’t yank it off. He was in too much pain-he could almost puke.

“He will make sure you win…his life depends on it.”

Yunho couldn’t take it anymore-he threw up much to Yuki’s disgust and he fell aside unconscious. Yuki looked at Jaejoong angrily and muttered.

“There is no one like him?”

… … …

His head hurt badly along with the rest of his body. He slowly opened his eyes and hoped to find himself back in his tent. But he saw the gorgeous ceiling above him.

He shot up and looked around. He was in a very beautiful room and found himself in some kind of ancient dress. He threw the quilt off him and stepped off the bed. He could walk just fine.

He rushed to the window and saw the endless grassland with beautiful mountains. Where was he?

“You’re awake!”   Yunho turned around and saw Jaejoong coming in happily. He couldn’t resist the anger and he charged at him. Yunho pushed him roughly on the wall and shouted at his face.

“What the hell am I doing here?! Why did you bring me here?! I did what you asked me to do! I kept the end of our deal! Don’t you dare cross that now Jaejoong!”

“Easy now. Don’t throw up on me.”   Jaejoong chuckled and Yunho ended up punching his face. Jaejoong straightened up and gave him a dangerous look and within seconds, Yunho found himself crouching on the floor in pain.

“Don’t you dare raise your filthy hands on me.”

And his expression changed to a happy one.    “I brought you here because Yuki wants to have a duel with me for her freedom.”

Yunho felt the pain fade away and he tried catching his breath. He hoarsely asked.   “So?”

“So, she needs someone to train her to fight me and no one here is willing to go against me.”

“So what?”

“You will train her to fight me.”

“And why do you think I’ll do that?”

Jaejoong knelt beside Yunho and smiled.   “Because your freedom depends on it. You will train her to win against me-if you purposely hamper her training or cheat in anyway-you will be the one stuck here forever.”   Jaejoong left his side and was about to leave the room when Yunho asked.

“Why? Why me?”

Jaejoong turned and answered.   “Because you are the best.”

… … …

Yuki paced around her room impatiently. She just couldn’t figure what Jaejoong was playing at-whatever he was doing, it was out of his own amusement. She knew that at least but she didn’t know what to do.

“How does he do that? Playing tricks and games? Doesn’t he get tired?”   she talked to herself out loud and was interrupted by none other than the devil who stood there with a smirk.

“If anyone hears you talking to yourself-people will think you have gone mad.”   He helped himself in the room and sat on her bed.

“You chose him on purpose so that I could lose!”

“On the contrary my dear, I chose him so you would win.”

“And how so?”   she crossed her arms. Jaejoong stood up and walked to her.

“Don’t you get it? He hates it here as much as you do and his freedom depends on how he trains you. He will make sure you win.”

“How? I mean…we’re both human. Even with all the training, I will be no match for you.”   She honestly spoke.

“Don’t worry. I’ve spoken to my council and they have allowed for me to provide the elixir.”

“Elixir? Is that the potion for immortality?”   she found herself asking him casually.   

“Not really. It’s the same abilities I gave Yunho when he gave you up. He has the strength of 10 men, lacks the basic needs like any of us and has my entire fine qualities-the power comes from my essence.”

“Okay…say that I do take the potion…and have powers like you…and he trains me-how will I know that you’re not cheating in the fight?”

“I will not cheat in the fight-the council will make sure of that because if I do-I lose my reputation and my reputation is worth more that you.”

“That’s nice to know.”   She smiled to herself-forgetting that Jaejoong was there.

“Now this is the kind of conversation I’m looking forward to…”

“Don’t push your luck-I only need to talk to you.”   Her previous glare had returned.   

“Hmm…you start training tomorrow.”

“And how long am I allowed to train?”   she asked before he could leave.

“Depends on the time portal you choose.”

“Time portal?”

“The head council will see to that.”

He left before she could ask any more questions. She wanted to ask who the head council was-or whether she had seen him.

… … …

The woman in white sat in her high chair-looking beautiful and proud. She had a familiar face and anyone would see the similarity between them. The beautiful maids were serving her fresh fruits and nectar. She took up the platinum glass and drank the nectar.

“I simply do not get it…how did she manage it? No one has been able to evade the plague. It blinds both my mind and his. Oh, I cannot see that state of his.”

“On the contrary my lady-I think he is enjoying it more. You have nothing more to worry about.”   A maid smiled.

“That is true. I should not worry for him. He is not a child anymore. He can see through anyone’s treachery for he is most treacherous. He can sense anyone’s thought of betrayal because he is the master of it. I wonder where he gets it from.”   She cocked her lovely head and her beautiful white hair.

“Of course, such talents only come from the mother.”   Another maid complimented.  

“True, true…his father was too busy with war. Boring matters really. It is sad that he is still busy with wars of Earth. He can never take a break out of it.”

“Such matters make him happy my lady.”   Another maid opined.

“Oh shush slave.”   She threw the glass in grace.    “I wonder when he will introduce us.”

“Have you forgotten my lady? She challenged him to a duel.”   The maid cleaned the floor and picked the glass. The white lady laughed that echoed the halls.

“A duel! That is amusing. I wish to see it! Oh I am now excited! So excited! My husband should be able to see it! Send him the message!”

“Of course my lady.”   The maid left bowing.

The lady rested her chin on her white hands with thought. It should be good.

 

 

 

… … …

He still didn’t get it. He just couldn’t get what he was doing. Why all these trouble? Why would he even accept the challenge? What was he up to?

“Your meal sir.”    A maid came in with food and left it at his bedside. She was about to leave when he took her shoulder and realized something.

“It’s you!”

“I am not sure what you are speaking of.”   She politely answered.

“Don’t mess with me lady! You were there when I got here!”   he was becoming hostile with her.

“Sir, I was just assigned to care for you. Nothing more, so please let go off me.”

“You !”   he was about to raise his hands on her when another stopped him. He looked and saw Yuki with a glare. She yanked his hand away and looked at the maid.

“You can go now.”

“Thank you my lady.”   She bowed to her and left without looking twice at Yunho. Yuki kept her eyes on him.

“You chauvinistic bastard, you have no shame.”

“I don’t need to be proper for you. You are nobody.”   Yunho walked to his bed.

“Likewise when you backstabbed me. I cant even hope that you get stuck here because it means I get stuck here with him. Never mind that…I was just passing by.”

She would leave but Yunho called her.   “Yuki…”

“What?”

“I am not sorry.”

“I know, you shameless bastard. Now that you’re here-I’m actually enjoying it.”   She turned again but he spoke again.

“I don’t get it. Why you? You’re not exceptionally beautiful, not powerful and you have no talents that I know of-then why is it you?”

Yuki looked away.   “Because I avoided his plague while the rest of my family and villagers died. He wants to know how I did it. He has a reason for everything-at least that’s what I found out about him.”

“Then why me?”

“Ask him yourself. We have training tomorrow-you better train me to win.”

She left without giving him a chance to speak. Yunho meant to ask Jaejoong. If as Yuki said-he has reasons to do everything-then he has a reason for choosing Yunho as his contract partner.

… … …

Jaejoong checked his new hair colour. It suited him with the black coat. He couldn’t wait to show everybody. Right then he saw Yuki passing by and he thought this was the right time.

“Yuki.”   He called and rushed out of his room which kind of surprised her.   “How do you like my new hair?”

She gaped at him for few seconds before she said.   “Hideous…as ever.”

“Thank you.”  He was delighted.   “You look grumpy as ever.”

“Nothing-just faced Yunho.”  

“Oh…did you two catch up?”

“He was about to hit a maid!”   she said angrily. 

“Aw, don’t be mad. I’ll make sure he doesn’t beat you while training. Now…about my hair-do you think Yunho will like it?”

Yuki frowned at him.   “Why don’t you ask him yourself? You two are perfect for each other.”

She walked away-leaving him smiling. He was just too excited for the training tomorrow.

… … …  … … … .. …. …. …. … … … … .

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

Today was the day of their training. Yunho and Yuki stood at one side while Jaejoong on the other. They were at an open field with many councilmen and women. All were just excited about this event. This human challenged this demon to a duel and that was admirable to all.

Yuki didn’t know which was the head councilman-she would have liked to see him. A demon from the council stood up and announced.

“Today, I am proud to announce this event that this human woman-Yuki Nakama-has challenged our dear lord Jaejoong to a duel and should she win, she would achieve her freedom. Should she lose, she will wed lord Jaejoong and would become his bride unquestioningly with all the rights. Today…she will be given all the advantages of our kind for a fair duel-the elixir which will give her the power of 10 beings.”

Two maids walked with a large tray of a bowl with green drink and put it before Yuki and the councilman continued.

“She shall be given a time portal to choose. This will determine how long she wishes to train. Whatever she chooses, it will equivalent to only a day in our world and on Earth so when Lady Yuki wins and returns, she will not miss a century. Now…choose from the portals.”

The surrounding darkened and within seconds many black hole like portals appeared-small in size. She was awed for she had never seen anything like this. This was magical…but she had to think clearly. She turned to the councilmen.

“How old is Lord Jaejoong in earth years?”

They were quite surprised why she would ask that. Before any could answer, Jaejoong did himself.

“270 by human years-27 by my time.”

“I wish to train for 270 years then…”

Yunho was shocked…because it was a long time. Jaejoong smiled.   “Fair enough. You shall be trained as long as I have lived. Fear not Yunho, not a moment will change here or back on earth and don’t even worry about being with her. When you go in there, your mind will not concentrate on her…it will only concentrate on the training. That means, you two will not take any breaks or even think of each other. You two shall only train and train on and it would pass away in a blink. You two will only communicate to each other for training, without any emotions or expressions…like machines. So do not worry about awkward moments. Time will not age your mind or body. It will seem like a day. That’s the advantage of a time portal.”

Yuki seemed relieved…very relieved.

“Now proceed.”   The councilman spoke.

And with that, Yuki and Yunho walked to the portal and gave Jaejoong their last glares. Jaejoong gave them his smile and they finally entered. All of them vanished at once.

“See you tomorrow Yuki…good luck.”

And somewhere in the palace, the woman in white looked through her glass sphere and murmured.

“Good luck my son…you will need it.”