CHAPTER 6

Eight Days to Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan takes a sip of his Latte while absentmindly listening to Xiumin talk about something 'so-hilarious-that-I'm-gonna-die' that happened at school eariler the day, but frankly, Luhan isn't anywhere interested in a story where Xiumin's chemistry classmate almost melted her books because she mixed the acid wrongly. Instead, he is glancing over to the table where he has seen Sehun the last time he was here with his friends. And according to Xiumin, they have come into the cafe after school every day four days in a roll already, so why aren't they here yet?

 

Xiumin watches the younger glance about as he puts another cleaned mug onto the shelf behind him. He was asked by Kris to stall Luhan from going home early, since the younger four apparently have planned something secretly. Though he somehow doubts they will actually come up with any practical or normal ideas for their 'mission'. Xiumin may not talk that much, but he does observe his friends from time to time, and what can he say besides that they're possibly lacking in the thinking category. Okay, maybe not Chen, that brat is way too sharp for his own good. Anyway, he has to try to keep Luhan around for a good one and a half hour without raising his suspision; Xiumin couldn't but to start babbling about school and conveniently creating (yes, indeed) crazy stories that only happened in his head. To be honest, he would have recorded the whole thing if his classmate really did melt her own books down, and the M would have all seen the video already. (Innocent-looking people aren't always as innocent as they seem to be, keep note.)

 

Xiumin pauses for a second when he sees Luhan blanking out; the younger obviously isn't paying much attention to his imaginative stories, but it doesn't look like that he wants to leave the cafe either. He puffs his cheecks as he figures Luhan must be here for a purpose, and it has nothing to do with his attempts of stalling the younger.

 

"Do you have a date or what?" Suddenly Xiumin puts down his rug and cuts off Luhan's glance.

 

"No." Luhan answers though the pitch of his voice raised to quetion Xiumin back, "Why would you assume that?"

 

"You've been here for almost an hour, and you're not listening to me talking," Xiumin states, "and you've been glancing around for nearly as long."

 

"Erm.. well I just wanted to see people come and go," Luhan replies, unsure,"I recently find...umm behavioral psychology fascinating...?"

 

"Don't lie." Xiumin rolls his eyes. When did this Luhan stutter in lies? The pretty boy has been able to tell complete non-sense without blinking for the past two years, and their friends haven't really seen him doubt his own sentences. Something must be wrong. "It's gotta be serious when even you can't say it straight. Let me rephrase, why are you here?"

 

Xiumin has noticed that despite the younger tries to cover it up by looking around everywhere, his eyes still lingers the longest on a certain spot at a certain table in the cafe. And coincidently (or not) it is where the Oh Sehun 'plots' his conspiracy - or whatever it is - with his friend recently. Very recently, in fact, today is the the first day they haven't showed up in four days.

 

"You said you want my company while you work." Luhan reminds the elder for his actions earlier, it is one of the reasons he is there, but not the main. However he cannot just say 'because I miss seeing Sehun and I hear that he comes here regularly now so why not come and check out his presence', can he? And obviously he knows the others must have something planned also, and it's most likely a lame party at his house. For God's sake, his parents told him Kris asked for their house key before they left town, so how can the tall know-it-all-and-nail-it-all boy not to be doing anything? Plus Yixing didn't stay behind on his dance practice and Chen wasn't throwing sharp remarks on people, and, thanlfully, even Tao didn't bother him with all the Sehun-this-Sehun-that today.  They can only be up to something.

 

"I did. But you are not here because of me." Instead of looking sad at the fact, Xiumin smirks and continues, "Is it because of Oh Sehun?"

 

What in the world does this boy have in his mind other than prying on his friend's privacy? Luhan's eyes widen for a second before they narrow again, "You are suddenly very interested in me, aren't you?"   Let's not make this about me now, shall we?

 

"I just wonde-"

 

"What do you think Kris will do when he finds out you are the one that's giving Zitao candies?" Luhan pulls his sweetest smile and his eyebrow, This hyung should have known better. "that he has loathed Park Chanyeol for no reason?"

 

Xiumin's mouth gaps, "I don't... How did you-"

 

"Keep your questions to yourself please." Luhan says with his right hand riased, "I'm going home now. With or without Sehun."

 

With that, Luhan quickly walks out of the cafe, not caring about how scared Xiumin is by his words, and heads straight home. He doesn't want to wander around anymore, waiting for Sehun has already made him feel tired and he wants nothing more than to lie on his bed and relax. Even with all the craziness there must be in his house now.

 

 

***

 

 

And indeed, the word one should use to describe the situation in Luhan's house now would be craziness for sure.

 

"Kris! Kris!!!" Tao grabs onto Kris' arm and shakes the elder with nearly his full strength, "Why are there two -ugh- other people in here?!"

 

Upon being yelled at and stared at, Kris merely closes his eyes to wait for his dongsaeng to calm down. Okay, he didn't plan for them to find out the others' presence so soon at first, but he forgot to lock the door when they were discussing Sehun's cue to come out, and that whining baby, no, he meant Tao, busted into the room saying stuff like 'Yixing hyung blanked out and I don't know what to do', then caught them in the act. And of course, he freaks out.

 

But actually, Tao doesn't like to be thought as an easily-freak-out person, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter