seven : i told myself I must keep my heart cold towards you

Run With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seven : i told myself i must keep my heart cold towards you

Playlist # 7 : Candy by H.O.T

 

 

2 weeks later...

 

Ever since the surprise dinner with the 4C's tenants, everything went back to the normal. But the fact that Kyungsoo kept on pestering Seol to talk to her is one of the things that changed.

 

"Seol-ah, can I accompany you on your part time later? I don't want to go home yet!" He whined. The class that they share ended early than the usual.

 

Seol just looked at him like he has 2 heads. "What?" She asked annoyed.

 

"Please Seol? Please?" He insisted.

 

"Yah! Listen to me. Why are you following me around? I don't want to talk to anyone! Did you see me talking to any of your friends? No right? Go to Yura, she'll lovingly welcome you to stalk her." She said, her voice rising a bit.

 

"I want to be your friend!" He simply said.

 

"Are you not yet tired? You've been like this for almost 2 weeks. Do you really want me to be your friend that badly?" She asked while sitting back on her chair.

 

"Yes."

 

"But I'm not worth it..." She murmured.

 

Kyungsoo eyed Seol and sat beside her. "You know, some people don't see their worth because they simply ignore it. And as far as I observed, you're worth it."

 

"Why are you so interested in me?" She smiled a little.

 

"You're pretty when you smile like that." He complimented.

 

"To answer your question, I honestly don't know. I mean, you're the grumpy girl who likes to have blank faces and wants to be alone, but I think that is not you. Whenever you're with Yura, the cold aura disappears. It is replaced by a loving and happy feel. The more emotions you project, the more I can feel that being quiet and passive is not the real you. When you and Jongin had that confrontation outside the dorm-- Yura told me, as well as Luhan hyung, don't ask-- I can feel that you're opening more and more. About the sudden questions at the restaurant, I want to know what happened to you. You're broken, but why? You know, you don't have to tell me anything yet. Just consider me as a friend. Someone you can lean on other than Yura. Take time to know the others too. I know you can feel that they are also interested in you." Kyungsoo smiled and patted her head.

 

Seol looked at him and sighed, her eyes almost wet with her tears. "I'm scared oppa..." She whispered.

 

"Don't be. Whatever that thing you’re scared of, I'll help. We'll help. Trust us. You don't have to be lonely anymore Seol." He reassured.

 

Seol looked at him and sighed. "You're not leaving me alone even if I say no right?" She asked again, her face lighting up.

 

"Nope!" Kyungsoo popped the p while grinning and Seol just nodded her head in defeat.

 

 

Jongin

 

"Grandma! What happened to my allowance? Why is it halved?" I cried on the phone while rechecking my bank account.

 

"Kim Jongin! Are you yelling at your grandmother?!" The lady on the other line shouted.

 

"Grandma!" I whined cutely.

 

"No Jongin. I purposely deposited only that amount because Kyungsoo said that you're wasting money on unnecessary things! You're only 19! What are you doing and spending my hard earned money on buying alcohol?!" She shrieked.

 

"But that is only one time grandma! I promise I will not buy anything I don't need. Please grandma? Give me my whole allowance. Please? Do you want your only grandson to borrow money from others? You love me right? Please grandma!!" I practically begged.

 

"Cute whining will not do you any good Jongin. You know I love you but you need to be more responsible. What if something happened and I'm not there for you? Be more responsible. I'm not going to give your whole allowance. Go find a part time job and save for yourself. And if you borrow money from others, don't try to come home. I don't have a grandson with a debt. Understood?!" She said with finality.

 

"But grandma---" I tried to act cute again but the line went dead.

 

"Aish! Grandma’s so stingy....." I shouted on my phone, people looked at me like I was crazy. I bowed and walk out of the bank.

 

"I need to find a job fast but first I really need a drink. Skipping my last class is totally not worth it." I sighed.

 

 

"See you later at home Seol!" Yura smiled while hugging the girl behind the counter.

 

"Be careful." Seol reminded her and patted her head.

 

"Ei. I'm not a kid anymore. Stop messing my hair! Oppa, monitor her for me. Okay? She should smile a lot so that she would not scare customers." She giggled and ran off the cafe.

 

Kyungsoo just laughed and waved at her. Seol looked at him and snorted.

 

"Did you just snort at me?" He asked. His eyes widened more.

 

"Yeah. What you gonna do? Huh?" She smiled, her eyes glinting a mischievous vibe.

 

"So if you're not quiet, you're that fun and playful kid huh." He murmured and smiled. "I'm glad you're opening yourself more." He thought.

 

The bell of the cafe rang and new customers piled in. Kyungsoo just sat near the window and read a book. The cafe buzzed the normal and Seol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter