Chapter 7

Heartless

            The red shiny car moved very fast into the parking entrance and a tall body went out from the car; dashed into the tall building. Chanyeol fasten his footsteps and punched the card in when the door slides and let him in.

            “ Call Baekhyun in.” he said simply and his secretary nodded. Chanyeol headed into his office and couple of minutes later, he heard a knock on the door.

            “Come in.” he ordered. And then, he saw a shorter guy than him came into his office.

            “Mind to explain what happened?” He said and sat just in front of Baekhyun.

            “Well, a client known as the chief of Park’s housing area called and stated that there’s big problems happened in that housing area.” He gasped for a while and Chanyeol let him to continue.

            “There’s been cracked everywhere. On the parking entrance, near the piling, cracked at the corner of the house and the biggest problem is the cracked become bigger and it is the worst as the cracked is happened to be at the dangerous area. And, I also being stated that there’s a problem with the pipe, blockage maybe and seriously Chanyeol, they won’t stop complaining. I have to remind you Chanyeol, if we don’t take any action, I’m afraid if-“

            “The houses would collapse…” Chanyeol continued.

            “And I couldn’t imagine if hundreds or even millions of people found dead.” Baekhyun added up. Chanyeol untied his tie and Baekhyun could see a few droplets of cold sweat around his face. They just remained silent in that room and suddenly Chanyeol stood up from his seat.

            “We have to go to that housing area IMMEDIATELY. And bring along our architect and engineer.” He said and Baekhyun followed him from back.

 

I-------------I

 

            “Sir Chanyeol, it’s hard to fix this kind of problems.” A guy with a slender body said and he looked so worried.

            “It needs a lot of money and it takes a lot of times to fix all of this.” He added up.

            “Just do whatever you can. That’s your job.” Chanyeol said.

            “But sir, where can we have the supplies as our old suppliers warned us for many times that they won’t give us any supplies just because we didn’t pay them on the time before this.” A shorter guy said.

            “Plus, if we want to fix these problems, we need to move out all of people living here because it is just too dangerous to let them live here while we fix all the damages.” The other guy said.

            Chanyeol remained silent and he didn’t know what should he do next? He felt his head was so heavy and he didn’t know how he can face all the villagers there. How can he face his clients after this? He felt someone patted him on the shoulder. He turned and he saw a slight smile from Baekhyun. How he wish he won’t do that kind of big mistakes. It is all because of his greediness. He was just so greedy and not clever enough to take an action.

 

Few years ago…

            He let the big paper on his table and he stared on the drawing for so long. He then heard a knock on the door and he let that person to come in.

            “Come in Joonmyeon.” He said.

            “I like your drawing so much and seriously you’re so talented.” He praised and the one with angelic face just smiled and thanked him.

            “I’d like this kind of building being built near the_____ area.” Chanyeol said happily.

            “Seriously, with this I can make a lot of money!” he said again and laughed.

            “Uhhh, but… Sir… That area was being illegal to build any concrete building as…”

            “As what? As that place is not suitable enough to build any concrete building just because of the pressure? Like that huh? So, you believe with those rumors ehh?” he asked and stared at him.

            “Well yeah… I’m afraid if the rumors were right. Well because it’s too sudden when a tall building just collapse. And…” he gulped.

            “Oh Joonmyeon… They were just stupid enough because they don’t have a brain like us. That place was so strategic because it is near to town and beach and I bet, there would be a lot of tourists will want to rent the house as it is easy for them to go to the town and the beach..” Chanyeol cut off.

            “Plus, I’m the boss and it’s your duty to follow my order. Got it?” he said and Joonmyeon gulped as he met his gazed.

            “Got it?!” he raised his voice and without waiting, Joonmyeon nodded and answered him quickly.

            “Good. If you don’t mind, get your out from my office now and do your work.” He ordered. And, without waiting Joonmyeon moved out from that room as soon as possible.

            That was the biggest mistake he ever done. He felt he was useful, he felt he was so stupid. He looked around him. They were a lot of people complaining about the housing area’s damages and Chanyeol couldn’t help but ran from facing them.

            He went to his car and let himself drive along the road without knowing what he should do next. Baekhyun who sat beside him just remained silent and not long after that they arrived in front of Park’s tall building.”

            Chanyeol dragged himself to his office. With his hand on his forehead, he kept thinking what he should do next. The folios were scattered on his table and he didn’t care at them at all. He opened his drawer and found out an envelope. He opened it up and read it slowly.

            He heaved a long and heavy sighed. Now, he was dummed. He really doesn’t know what he should do. His company is about to bankrupt. Debts everywhere, loans, salaries, expenses; all of that. He didn’t know how he can solve all of them by his own. And when he looked over notes that has given to him, he shook his head and seriously he nearly found a dead end. He needs money. But, how he can get a lot of money to pay all of his bad debts? Should he dismiss some of his staffs those who are not good enough in their jobs, and is that a very good reason to give?

            Slowly, he massaged his head and he felt very dizzy. He kept asking himself, why did he does this kind of big mistakes? He kicked his foot angrily and scolded himself.

            “I’m such an idiot!” he scolded himself. 

           “Yes, you’re an idiot, Park Chanyeol. You never think before you make any action.” He heard someone was talking behind his head.

             “You’re greedy and selfish. You deserved this.” The voice again and Chanyeol cannot avoid himself from turning around to look who’s the one that talking to him. But then, he found that there’s no one in the room except himself. 

               

               He heaved a big sigh and get into his house. He let the car door being hang open and let someone to close it for him. He went into the house without even tucking out his socks and dragged himself to his room. For a while, his maids kind of confused and managed just to ignore their master because they all knew that he might get problems in the office.

              “Appa?” he heard his son calling for him.

              “Appa?” he called again. He moved from his room and walked carefully so that he won’t bump with anything.

              “Appa?” he called again and he was right beside Chanyeol; holding his big arm.

              “Mworago?” Chanyeol asked coldly.

              “Let’s have dinner together. You must have been so tired.” He said while smiling.

              “You just go on. I’m not in the mood.” Chanyeol replied and let go of his little hand harshly. He moved to his room, he slammed the door and left Geun Suk standing there alone.

              Chanyeol let himself to sit on his bed and loosen his tie slowly. He was not in the mood and he can’t avoid himself from being cold to his son just now. Chanyeol heaved a heavy sigh and there he saw the picture, where a girl was smiling brightly. Chanyeol lend his hand out and let he drown to watch over her beautiful smile. And suddenly, he felt something run over his cheeks. He didn’t know since when he was crying and he couldn’t stop crying.

              “I’m so sorry, honey. I’m so sorry. I’m not a good son-in-law, I’m not a good husband and nor a good father instead.” He said with a sob.

              “I miss you, Hyo. I really miss you.” He sobbed and he let the frame of the picture on his chest. He heard the door is opened and someone was heading to him. Chanyeol ignored and was still crying when suddenly he felt a touch on his hand.

              “Appa… Gwaenchanna?” he asked. Chanyeol lifted his head and he saw his son was standing in front of him.

              “Appa, you are crying!” Geun Suk said when he heard his father was sobbing. And slowly, Geun Suk wiped his tears on Chanyeol’s cheek with his little hand. Chanyeol just let him wiped over his tears. He watched over his son. He had such a beautiful eyes like Hyo Yeon’s and then Chanyeol was about to realize his son really look alike like his wife.

              His beautiful eyes, his lips and his eyebrows. He really looked like his wife. Why he never realize about that before?

              “Appa, gwaenchanna… I’m here.” Geun Suk said and then smiled. Chanyeol couldn’t help himself but to hug Geun Suk and cried. He is such an idiot guy. He is! He felt Geun Suk was rubbing his back softly and Chanyeol peck him on the head.

              “I’m sorry Geun Suk. I’m really sorry. I’m such a bad appa.” He said in his sobs.

              “I love you appa…” he heard Geun Suk said softly.

              “I… I… Appa love you too…” he said and pecks him on the head again.

 

Sorry for the late update...

Well yeah, sorry for the errors and gramatical mistakes. 

I hope you enjoy reading my story. 

Thank you for subscribing and upvoting. 

Please don't unsubscribe, could you? It hurts me. 

And, don't copy my story too. 

So, that's it. 

Read it, rate it, love it but don't hate it. ^^y