Chapter 6

Heartless

The next day, he woke up early from his sleep. He woke up from his bed and went into the toilet. He had promised his son to bring him home today. Chanyeol took a bath and wore on his grey-black suit and went downstairs to have his breakfast. He went into the kitchen, opened up the cupboard and looking for coffee.

            Because he made a noise, the maid from the living room came and surprised to see her master was in the kitchen. He was looking inside the cupboard and kept looking for the coffee. And, at last he stopped and bite his lips.

            “Emm, Jessy. Where did you put the coffees?” he asked and rubbed his chin.

            “Do you one have a coffee sir?” she asked, feeling weird.

            “Yes I am. Could you please make me a cup of my favorite coffee? White coffee please?” he asked and took a seat in the dining room. For a while, she hesitated. She glanced at the watch. It was still early. Usually, his master will wake up very late and he will go to work as soon as he was ready. He never takes his breakfast in that house after his wife passed away.

            Chanyeol waited alone in the dining room while spreading the newspaper. He was reading from one article to another article. He seemed very focus. And then, he smelled the coffee. Slowly, he smiled. A few minutes later, his maid came with a cup of hot white coffee. Chanyeol thanked her for making coffee for him and asked her to make white coffee for him every morning.

            After finishing his coffee, he took his car keys and went out from the house. Wore on his black leather shoes and went to his car. He saw his gardener was in the garden, watering the plants in the garden. He realized his master was there and automatically Chanyeol said a good morning to him. It surprised him but at last, he managed to reply him with a good morning. Chanyeol opened the car’s door and slowly started the car. And after that, his car moved out from the house garage.

            Chanyeol drove slowly and he looked over his watch. It’s 7 o’clock in the morning. The sun was just about to rise and he managed to have a visit at somewhere. Somewhere that he has been long not to have a visit. He drove slowly into that village until he stopped in front of a small house. Because his car window is tinted, no one could see him from far. He looked over the house and he saw someone that he really misses appeared.

            That was his mother. He admitted that, he did miss his mother. After that day (the wedding day), he didn’t see his mother again. He admitted, he did feeling guilty on her. But, at the same time, he felt very ashamed to face her again. He felt very sorry and useless. He didn’t know what he should do. After Geun Suk, he only has his mom in this world.

            Minutes later, after feeling that he was taking too much time staying there; he started the car engine back and drove away. He took his phone, put on his head phone and dialed the hospital.

            “Hello Mr. Chanyeol. He is in a good condition now. You can bring him home on noon.” The doctor said and it made him feel relief. And, at last he decided to go to his office. He put the punch card in, and the door slides.

            “Good morning everyone.” He greeted with a cheerful voice. Everyone was looking at him. They were feeling a bit surprised, but then they replied him and greeted him. Chanyeol smiled to them and headed to his office.

            “Please rearrange my schedule and for sure, don’t disturb my lunch time. I want to spend my time with my son.” He ordered and his assistant nodded. A while later, she came into the office.

            “Sir, you had a lot of free time today. There’s no meeting until next Monday. And, here I got some report and Baekhyun asked you for these.” She said and headed them to Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded and thanked her.

            “Emm, I think that’s all sir.” She said and turned, wanted to go out but Chanyeol stopped her.

            “Emm… Miss Tae Yeon, please take a seat first. I have something to talk with you.” He said and asked her to take a seat. She hesitated for a while and took her seat in front of her boss.

            “Tae Yeon, about your resign letter, I don’t want to force you to stay here. But, please stay here for a while until the new assistant is being hired. Please, I beg for you. And, Tae Yeon. You have worked in this company for many years. I would like to thank you and I appreciated that I have a loyal assistant as you are. I’m very sorry to be a very cruel boss for you before. I’m very sorry, Tae Yeon.” He ended up his talk with an apologized. She paused and hesitated. Her boss has changed a lot. Slowly, she smiled and thanked. She asked for an apology also. And then, she left the office with a smile on and a relief inside her heart.

            The lunch had come and all the staffs were getting ready to go out to have their lunch. Chanyeol stood up from his chair, took a deep breath before he went out from his room. He greeted them and wished them to have a nice afternoon. Chanyeol went to the car park, drove his car away heading to the hospital.

            A couple of minutes later, he arrived in front of the hospital. He parked his car and went into the hospital excitedly. He wanted to surprise his son that he fulfilled his promised. As he entered the ward, he saw his son was ready with his ninja turtle bag and waited for him patiently. Chanyeol smiled and asked him to give him a hug. He stood up with his sweet smile; he ran towards his papa and gave him a hug.

            “See. I told you I’ll come to bring you home.” He said and hugged him. He giggled and peck his father on head. Chanyeol carried him on his back, a piggy back. He can hear Geun Suk was laughing happily at the back of him. Chanyeol carried him along the corridor until he reached his car.

            “Do you like chicken?” he asked.

            “I do.” He replied and nodded childishly.

            “Okay. Let’s have some hot and crispy chickens.” He said and drove the car.

            “Yay…!!” he cried of joy.

            Chanyeol drove the car slowly along the busy road and at last had a turn before parked his car opposite the restaurant. Chanyeol went out from the car, opened the other’s door and held Geun Suk’s hand tightly to across the road and headed to the restaurant. Chanyeol sat his son on the chair and called for a waiter.

            “Umm… I would like to have a cup of hot white coffee. And… Geun Suk, what do you wish to drink?” he asked. He just realized that he didn’t know what drink his son favor.

            “Ribena…!” he said cheerfully. Chanyeol smiled and ended up ordering two plates of western chicken chop with fries. Few minutes later, the orders came and it smelled really good. Chanyeol moved to his son’s side and slowly took the drink into his hand.

            “Let appa help you to have a drink.” He said and slowly placed the glass in his mouth and let Geun Suk drank it slowly.

            “How did you feel?” he asked.                           

            “It feels really nice when you fed me appa.” He said and Chanyeol could see his smiling face. Chanyeol cut the chicken into small pieces so that Geun Suk can eat it easily when suddenly he got a phone call. That was from Baekhyun.

            “Chanyeol, where are you?" He asked and from his voice he could sense that he was panic and in rushing voice.

            “I was about to have my lunch. What happened?” he replied and sipped his coffee slowly.

            “We have problems here.” Baehyun said.

            “Problems? So it means it is not only one problem.” Chanyeol said with an eyebrow up.

            “Yup. And, I need you to be here now as we need to talk.” Baekhyun said. “It’s about the new housing area that we have and seriously if we can’t solve these problems up, seriously I might say that the amount of customers would be less this time.” He added up in a serious tone.

            “Ok. I’ll be there soon.” He said and hung up the phone when suddenly he heard the sound of a glass broke.

            “What happened here?” he asked with a confuse tone when he saw his son was shivering at his side.

            “Appa, mianhae. It slipped from my hand and it fell. Mianhae appa.” He apologized and Chanyeol knew that he was afraid.

            “Never mind with that. Are you done with your food? We need to go home now.” He said and ruffled his son’s hair softly.

            “Waiter, can I have the bill and include the broken glass into the bill.” He said calmly and hand out his credit card.

-Flashback-

            He was about finishing his bath when suddenly he heard a loud sound from the kitchen. He went to the kitchen with his hair still wet when he saw some broke pieces of glasses scattered around the floor.

            “Who made this?!” he asked with a harsh voice and he felt his blood was like a burning fire. He heard someone was crying and he caught a figure was hiding behind the chair.

            “You made that, isn’t it?!” he asked angrily and he pulled his shirt roughly.

            “A-Appa! Mi-Mianhae ap-appa…” he said with his cried on and Chanyeol can’t hold his anger anymore. He slapped on his face and that poor small kid fell onto the floor.

            “You useless blind ing son! That was my wife’s mug. The one that I bought from Paris and you broke it! Idiot and useless son!” he said with his anger and he didn’t know why he just kicked him without any sympathy.

            “A-Appa..! Mianhae! It hurts! Ap-Appa!” he begged for sympathy and still Chanyeol kicked him without hesitation.

            “Master! Please stop! It’s all my fault!” suddenly a maid stood kneed front of him and took Geun Suk into her hug.

            “Stop hurting him! It’s my fault. He’s blind! I’m the one that careless. I was about to rearrange the shelf. It’s my entire fault master. I’m very sorry. It’s not his fault.” She said and begged her master to stop.

            “Why it is all people in this house are just so useless?! I’ll cut 30% of your salary this month.” He said coldly and left to the two of them that cried on the floor.

            Chanyeol gulped and scratched his back head when suddenly he remembered what he have done in the past. Chanyeol hummed and took a left turn into his house entrance.

            “Geun Suk, appa drop you till here. I’ll see you on dinner time.” He said and Geun Suk nodded. He slowly got out from the car and lend out his hand to ensure that nothing block his way in front and after that Chanyeol saw him knocking the door and disappeared into the house after that.  

 

I'm so sorry guys... It's just a short update though. I just back from my holidays and I hope you enjoy with this time update. 

I hope you enjoy and I would love for your comments. 

And, I'd appreciate to those that upvotes and subscribes my story. 

Thank you for you guys... 

Stay tuned for next chapter. 

Read it, rate it, love it but don't hate it. ^^y