Can I...

Drabbles

Taeyeon was sitting on the couch watching television when Yuri came inside. Immediately the smaller woman’s heart began to beat faster. Since this morning there was only one thing Taeyeon wanted to do. Gulping audibly, she rose from the couch and slowly walked to Yuri.

 

“Hey, Taeyeonie,” Yuri said in a husky and tired voice. “What’s up?””

 

“Um…can I…have a hug?” asked Taeyeon shyly.

 

Yuri tilted her head to the side in confusion over the request but a few seconds later she smiled. She pulled Taeyeon into her embrace and began rubbing the shorter woman’s hair. “You don’t have to ask for this, Taeyeonie. It’s okay if you walk up and hug me,” she whispered gently in Taeyeon’s ear.

 

Burying her face in Yuri’s neck, Taeyeon held the taller woman tight. They just started dating after being roommates for the last 5 years. Never in Taeyeon’s life had she felt so vulnerable yet alive. Her love for Yuri has been strong for a while and it was moments like these that sent her to cloud 9. Not wanting to be a creep for too long, she finally pulled away from the hug. “Thank you,” Taeyeon whispered with a smile before turning away.

 

“Wait,” Yuri said, pulling on Taeyeon’s arm. When Taeyeon looked at her, she immediately got into Taeyeon’s personal space. She leaned down and stopped centimeters apart from the shorter woman’s lips. “Can I kiss you?”

 

Breath hitched in Taeyeon’s throat at the request. Her already fast heartbeat increased exponentially. The only thing Taeyeon could do in response was to nod her head. She closed her eyes when she felt Yuri’s other hand gently cup her cheek. Soon she felt soft lips on her own. The sensation was beyond her comprehension. There was so much warmth and love. She felt Yuri’s hand slide down her arm and squeezed her own hand. She squeezed the hand back and Yuri slowly pulled away from the kiss.

 

Yuri leaned in and whispered in Taeyeon’s ear, “I’m a bit famished. Let’s order some chicken and watch TV together on the couch.” She deliberately kissed Taeyeon’s cheek as she stood in front of her stunned girlfriend.

 

“Y…yeah, I’d like that,” said Taeyeon with a shy smile. They both walked over to the couch hand in hand and sat down. “You know…you can…uh…do that without asking me too…”

 

“Yeah?” Yuri asked smiling at the blush on Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Mmmm,” confirmed Taeyeon.

 

This time Yuri didn’t ask.   

 

by Kuribo