Chapter 9 - Misunderstandings

Now & Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Annyeong~ I know I should really update on my other story, but asdfghjkl the next chapter is suppose to be kind of like a , and I'm not prepared to write that ASDFGHJKL.

So I'm updating this one instead. lol

Also be sure to read my authors note at the end of this chapter~

 

 

 

 

"Yeobosayo?" Kai said into the phone after he took it out of his pocket. The sun had already set and instead, the busy streets of Seoul are lit up by colorful lights from the shops that lined the crowded sidewalk.

"Hey, where are you?" Came Kyungsoo's soft voice.

"I'm on my way home," Kai said weakly, gasping a little and limping as he tried to walk. His stomach still hurts from where Chanyeol hit him, and his head is dizzy from when he fell down onto the concrete too hard.

The people who walked passed Kai glanced at him with alert. Of course, he had just got beaten up by Chanyeol, and there's an angry bruise on the edge of his lips, and it made him look like nothing but trouble to the passersby. Girls who were by themselves walked around him. 

"Are you ok? You don't sound so good..."

"I'm fine, I was just running," Kai tried to speak as smoothly as he can.

The truth is, Kai wasn't even walking faster than a snail. 

Silence came from the other side, and after a while with no reply, Jongin said, "Hello? Are you still there? Kyungsoo?"

"Liar." Kyungsoo said, but this time his voice didn't come from the phone, but rather from behind.

Jongin whipped around to find Kyungsoo standing a few meters away, staring at him while holding his phone in his hand.

"K-Kyungsoo..." Jongin breathed out.

Then the said boy's eyes widened when he noticed the purple bruise on Kai's cheek and quickly ran towards him.

"Oh my god, Jongin, what happened?? Are you ok?" Kyungsoo said and cupped the said boy's cheek, turning it to the side to examine the injury. He brushed his thumb over the bruise, and Jongin winced.

"What happened??" Kyungsoo asked once again, panicking, his eyes full of worry.

"I-.... I-I.. tripped and fell..."

"Haha yeah right, don't think you can fool me like that. It obviously looks like someone hit you, who was it? Who hit you?" Kyungsoo's motherly side was taking control. The people around them looked at them weirdly, but they didn't care.

"N-no one..." Jonign looked down and would not meet the shorter's eyes.

"Tell me. Did you get in trouble?"

"... Chanyeol hit me," Jongin finally said. After all, there's nothing Kyungsoo doesn't know about him, and they never keep secrets from each other. 

"Chanyeol? Who's Chanyeol?"

"Baekhyun's boyfriend..."

It took awhile for Kyungsoo to register the information, but his smart brain quickly figured out what happened. He knew Jongin had feelings for this Baekhyun because Jongin would always tell him about it.

"Let me guess, you took a move on Baekhyun and Chanyeol found out, so he punched you."

Jongin nodded, eyes glued to the ground. His bottom lip jutted out in an adorable pout, looking like a little pup that had been abandoned by its owner.

"I told you not to mess with guys who are taken," Kyungsoo scolded. He sounded harsh, but there was still hints of care in his tone.

"I know..." Jongin looked so miserable right now, as if a little push will be able to break him.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh as he stared at the sulking boy, his heart also a bit pained seeing Jongin like this all because of this stupid Baekhyun. He stood on his tippy toes and pulled Jongin into a warm hug, while whispering words of comfort into his ear.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol walked the streets of Seoul angrily, pushing pass crowds of people and ignoring their complains. He wasn't angry at Baekhyun, no, not at all. How can he ever be angry at his Baekhyun?

No, he was mad at himself. Mad at himself for being so violent, mad at himself for hurting Jongin, and most importantly, mad at himself for scaring Baekhyun.

He didn't mean to show this side of him to his boyfriend who did nothing wrong at all. He doesn't want Baekhyun to think he's a violent monster. So he storme out of his house, away from Baekhyun, away from everything to calm down. That way when he gets back, he will apologize to Baekhyun calmly. And if Baekhyun says he needs to apologize to Kai, then he will. He will do anything to have Baekhyun back.

As he was lost in his thoughts, he looked up at the busy night life on the streets. People in jackets and coats walked passed him considering it was already late October and the weather was getting colder and colder.

Then, his attention was caught by two people in the middle of the sidewalk. The two guys were hugging each other tightly. Normally, he would've of ignored it, he was about to, until he noticed that one of them was Kai.

Kim Jongin. Kai.

The same Kai that had kissed Baekhyun just a few hours ago.

Hugging another man.

Kai had his face buried in the crook of the other's neck with his arms around the shorter's waist, and the other was standing on his tippy toes with his arms wrapped tightly around Kai. Chanyeol doesn't know who the other guy is.

How come Kai is hugging another man like this when he just kissed Baekhyun??

Are they together?

Is he cheating on this guy?

Numerous que

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter