Special Breakfast

OnHo Family

“Appa, appa, wake up!”

Jinki groaned and opened his eyes finding a little girl standing in front of him, eyes widen and bright with anxiety. “Hey sweetie, what is it?”

“Wake up appa.”

“Okay, okay.” he murmured sitting in bed and looking curiously at Minki, who had a card in her hands. “What is this?”

Minki nervously smiled and cleared - much like Minho - and opened the card. “Dear appa, oh no, here it is written Jinki. Sorry appa.” she said embarrassed.

Jinki chuckled and nodded, Minki looked at the card again.

“Dear Jinki, how do I know when it’s love? I cannot tell you but it lasts forever. How does it feel when it’s love? It’s just something you feel together. When it’s love everything seems right and all I want to do is stay with you forever. I love you, my sweet valentine. Happy valentine’s day.”

He blinked and looked at Minki who handed the card to him and giggled with flushed cheeks as if she had understood everything that was written on that card.

“Appa is waiting for you in the kitchen.”

“So let’s go.” he said getting up from the bed.

She shook her head. “Appa told me to go to the room, I have to pack.”

Jinki frowned. “Why?”

Uncle Taemin is coming to pick me up, we're going to the park. Isn’t that cool?“

"That’s great sweetie.” he said smiling and ruffled Minki’s hair that giggled.

“And appa said I couldn’t go to the kitchen now, I need to wait a little longer.”

“Oh, did he say?”

Minki nodded. “Now go, appa is waiting. You’re late.”

“You are much looked like your father.” he murmured and Minki giggled, looking very proud of herself.

Laughing, Jinki kissed Minki’s forehead and left the room going to the kitchen. Minho had his back to him picking up something on the top shelf, one that only he can achieve, and Jinki took the opportunity to look at the broad shoulders of the younger man, his sleeved t-shirt rose showing a piece of skin of his back and Jinki felt heat rise in his face when he realized it had marks of nails on Minho’s waist.

Maybe Jinki should cut his nails.

His eyes drifted to the little table where they eat breakfast every morning. It had fresh bread, a chocolate cake and a blueberry pie, besides a strawberry juice jug, milk, coffee and a lot of kiwis, Jinki’s favorite fruit.

“Hey you.”

He looked up and smiled when he met Minho’s eyes that had two mugs in his hands. Mugs that Minki had painted with Kibum’s help and it was written ‘Best dad in the world’ in both mugs. “Hey, what’s all this?”

Minho motioned for Jinki sit as he put the mugs on the table. Jinki sat and waited the younger man sat beside him, lacing their fingers together, as they always do when they’re having breakfast.

“Special breakfast for my valentine.”

Jinki rolled his eyes, even though his face was flushed. “Cheese as always.”

“You like.” he whispered and kissed Jinki, soft lips pressed together.

“Well, I can’t deny that.”

Minho laughed and Jinki winked at him.

“From where did all this?” he asked pointing to the table.

“Oh, my mother made it.”

He raised an eyebrow. “What exactly she made?”

“Everything.”

Jinki chuckled. “Why am I not surprised?”

“What? I can’t cook, you know that, I’m a complete disaster and she loves cook for you.”

He nodded, cutting a piece of pie. “I’ll call her later to thank. And where Taemin will take Minki?” he asked chewing the pie and closing his eyes in delight.

“They will spend the afternoon in the park, apparently Taemin bought a new dog and Minki is eager to play with it.”

“So you took it to get rid of our daughter.” he said teasingly as he cut another piece of pie.

Minho hummed putting juice in Jinki’s cup and handing it to him. “I just took a chance and besides, it’s being a while since we have a time just for ourselves.”

“Well, that’s true. That’s mean I have the whole afternoon to do what I want?”

“No, we have the whole afternoon to do what I want.”

“What? That’s not fair, it should be my day as well.”

The younger man laughed and leaned in close, wiping the frosting that was on Jinki’s lip and his finger. “I promise you’ll like it as much as I will.”

Jinki smirked. “Oh yeah Mr. Choi? And what is that?”

Minho slipped a hand inside of Jinki’s t-shirt feeling him wince and gasp. “I will…”

“Appa, appa. Uncle Taemin is here!” Minki ran into the kitchen dragging a backpack on the floor behind her.

The bell rang through the house and Jinki smiled moving away from Minho and going to the front door, Minki trotting behind him cheerfully.

“Hey, where’s my goodbye kiss?!” Minho whined from the kitchen.

Minki giggled and ran into the kitchen while Jinki opened the door and greeted Taemin who was holding a puppy in his arms. He could hear Minki cooing with Minho and the younger man laughing.

“Are you going to have wild all over the house today?”

Jinki looked at Taemin and shook his head. “You’re weird.”

Taemin laughed. “And Minho is a ert.”

He was silent because, well, Minho really was a ert but Jinki was not complaining, not at all.

“Aw, you’re so fluffy!” Minki cried pulling the puppy out of Taemin’s arms that laughed and ruffled her hair.

“Come on then, I’m sure your father is busy.” he said winking at Jinki who rolled his eyes.

Minki kissed Jinki’s cheek and ran to Taemin’s car, crushing the puppy against her arms. Before Taemin could say something stupid, Jinki said goodbye and closed the door.

“Hey Minho-yah, forget the breakfast, we can eat later. Taemin gave me an interesting idea.” he said going into the kitchen and smirking.