The Introduction

Country Kpop!?

Okay what's going on? I must still be asleep. There's no possible way this could happen. You were so in your head you didn't even realize they had already finished introducing themselves. The teacher motioned towards you "There are empty seats at that table. We're going to start a new experiment today and each table will be a group. Group 2 please help our new students if they have questions." Group 2? That's my group.. They're headed over here now! How should I introduce myself? Should I let them know I'm a fan? No that might scare them off! Uhhh maybe if.. Your thoughts were suddenly all cut off as someone sat in the chair next to you. You looked up to see Jiyong looking right at you smiling kindly.  "Hey I'm Jiyong". You tried to return the greeting but all that came out was a squeak. Oh perfect I can't even talk around him. How is this going to work?

Before you had time to delve any further into panic mode someone across the table spoke up. "So I heard everyone in Japan is really into anime not just little kids. Is that real? Oh also my name is Rose." Oh gosh is she serious? First of all they're Korean not Japanese and secondly.. who introduces themselves like that? "We're actually Korean but I'm sure not everyone in Japan loves anime. Personally I really like Dragon Ball." He moved his shirt over to show part of his Dragon Ball tattoo. "Oh nice ink" Rose glanced at it as if trying to figure out what it is. After a moment she decidedly gave up and began asking more random questions. Taeyang who was now seated next to rose politely answered her questions but obviously felt a bit awkward.

The teacher came to the table with a small plastic container and paper handouts. "Okay here is your experiment. Please finish just the front page for today." As soon as the teacher left, Rose picked up the container to see its contents. Suddenly she dropped it harshly on the table. "I'm not touching it. You guys got this one right?" You looked in the container to see what had her so freaked out. There was a worm slowly wriggling in the dirt. Suddenly you noticed Jiyong and Taeyang were both looking to see what the problem was. "Hmm ok I think we can handle this. Are you ok with it though?" Taeyang said as he was holding back laughter. Oh he's talking to me! You quickly nodded. The rest of the class went by quickly with the three of you completing the assignment with 5 minutes left of class. After seeing us returning the worm to the teacher rose quickly turned around from another table and copied the answers. "Thanks guys! I just can't handle slimy things"

The bell rung and everyone piled out of the room. You caught a glance of Jiyong's face for a moment and smiled. Someone's backpack knocked into you and momentarily set you off balance. Luckily you corrected it just in time to not crash into a group of people. Okay get it together this is not the time for daydreaming. The rest of the day was like a blur. Go to each class, listen to the teacher, take assignments and repeat. Lunch was the same as always since you didn't know anyone you just picked a random table and silently ate. Although you said nothing out loud your mind was racing through possible scenarios with Jiyong and Taeyang. Finally school was over and you got in the car with your aunt. "So how was your day?" she glanced over as we pulled out of the school. "It was actually pretty good" you answered thinking back on Biology class. This is going to be an interesting year.