Another Monday

Country Kpop!?

~Ring Ring~

You reach over to shut off the alarm without opening your eyes.  Instead of hitting the button you knock it off the table and it slides further away from the bed.  Ugh I guess now I have to get up to shut it off.  Not wanting to leave the warmth you wrap the covers around you and roll out of bed.  After shutting the alarm off you finally start to wake up.  Ah its Monday again..wonderful.  You get dressed quickly just putting together a decent looking outfit from the first things you find.  You have never really cared that much about your appearance but you don't dress badly.  Its only noticeable because you don't keep up with fashion or wear any make up.  After eating breakfast you get in the car and head to school.  

On the way there your aunt asks you about the kids in your classes and who your friends are.  She's always so excited about school.  I'm sure she would enjoy going in my place if she could.  You used to enjoy school but now you dread it.  Your mom raised you until this year and she had a job that constantly required moving.  After so many years of changing schools you were unable to keep any friends. Eventually you stopped trying to talk to people because you would just leave them anyway.  You're staying with your aunt now and wont be moving again, but you still find yourself in yet another school where you don't know anyone.  That means if you get noticed by a bully again you will have no friends to stand up for you.  Just thinking about last year makes you want to never step foot in any school ever again.

After trying to explain your difficulty making friends you arrive at school.  There are still some students in groups crowded around the benches by the entrance.  Your aunt looks across at you with a smile," Have fun today, make some new friends!".  "I'll try" You say quietly back as you grab your bag and get out of the car.  The warning bell rings alerting the students that they have 5 minutes to get to class.  You pick up your pace and squeeze past the groups of people who don't seem concerned about being late.  You race to the stairwell and find it full of people.  You wince as someone behind you steps on your heel.  There can't be much time left now the hallways are starting to clear.  You make your way to the room and barely sit down when the bell rings again.  Whew so close.  A couple of students enter right after the bell and are sent to the office for a late slip.  School had only started a few weeks ago but you had already been late too many times.  

The first class of the day is Algebra otherwise known as your least favorite subject.  It's too early for math you thought to yourself as you copied down the equations the teacher wrote on the board.  After an hour of forcing yourself to focus the bell finally rings for the next class.  Immediately you feel your face loosen and realize you must have been making a weird face while concentrating.  You feel embarrassed for a moment before brushing it off because you're sure no one would be looking at you.  In the hallways you try to stay out of everyone's way making yourself as invisible as possible.  You get to the next room without looking up from the floor.  You notice people standing by the teachers desk but assume they are students from the last class and don't pay much attention.  

The other students start piling into the room loudly laughing and talking about a Basketball game.  Biology is your favorite class you just wished the students weren't so loud.  The bell rings for class to start and the teacher speaks up.  "Okay class today we have some transfer students here from another country." You look up to see who it is and stare astonished at the people standing there.  "Ok can you introduce yourself to the class?"  No way! You barely keep yourself from shouting.  The taller one speaks up, "My name is Kwon Jiyong I'm from South Korea.  You can call me GD if that's easier".  You didn't need to wait for the other guy to introduce himself.  It's Taeyang... What are GD and Taeyang doing in America at my high school!?