Stand By You, Like A Fool, All Day Long Part 9 - The End

Stand by You, Like a Fool, All Day Long...

              5 minutes before the concert…

“Gather around, guys!! Gather around!!” Jun Young oppa ask for attention.

“Kwanghee-yah, Siwan-ah! Come here, stop joking around!” Kevin oppa said while waving at them.

                After all of us gather around, we say our prayers and everyone gets their own mics. We are ready to rock the stage!

                We are singing a mixed of No Playboy-Mazeltov for the opening. The 10.000 fans are cheering us passionately. In the middle of the concert, we play some games with our fellow members. Jun Young oppa and I are the MCs for this segment.

“Minha-yah, please come forward. Let’s play the game!” Jun Young oppa drags me along to the center of the stage.

                 We play ‘catch the mouse’ game. Since the MCs don’t play the game, we are laughing hysterically from the side of the stage while the other members are playing like little kids. The fans are cheering, screaming our names over and over again. In the middle of the game, the power is suddenly off. I was a little bit panic because, not only the lights are off but the audio as well. I check on my mic, it is not working at all. I feel somebody holds my right hand tightly.

“It’ll be okay.” Jun Young oppa whispers to me.

                  And suddenly….

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MINHA… HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU…~”

                  Jun Young oppa still holds my hand tightly, leads me to the center of the stage where all the members are happily singing and bring a cake with candles for me to blow.

“Make a wish.. make a wish…” said Eunji unnie excitedly.

                   I close my eyes, say my wish inside my head.

“Let’s be together until the end. ZE:A, 9Muses, Star Empire, FIGHTING!!” I said that before I blow the candles out.

                    I am so happy, until I cry. Hyuna and Sung Ah unnie hugs me while crying.

“It’s the tears of joy, tears of joy!” said Sera unnie.

                   I look around and find Kwanghee oppa also cries. What?!

“Yah-why are you guys like this? Look, I’m crying too! Ah.. my make up!” Kwanghee oppa said that while puts hands on his face.

“May I say something?” asked Heecheol oppa.

“Go ahead.” Jun Young gives the hand signal for Heecheol oppa to come forward.

“I personally prepare a gift for this birthday girl.” fans are cheering. “But, before that, I want to ask something from everybody. I want you guys to keep supporting me, cheering on me and walking with me through the good and the bad. Are you ready for that?”

“YESSSSSSSSS….” The fans and the members said that at the same time.

“I’ll bring out the gift, wait a minute.” said Heecheol oppa.

“You’re so busy, Hyung!” Dong Jun teases him.

                    It does not take a long time for Heecheol oppa to bring the gift for me. Then he gives me the box which I’ve seen before, I guess. Well, it looks familiar.

“I bought this yesterday, it didn’t take long because somebody helped me to choose this. I hope you like this gift, Minha-yah….” said Heecheol oppa, shyly.

                    I open the box, and yes! The shoes!!!! The shoes he bought yesterday. Ah!

“Ah, and one more thing. Oh~ I’m nervous…”

“Calm down, Hyung.. Calm down..” said Hyungsik, half laughing.

“Minha-yah, will you stay by my side always?” Heecheol oppa asked me.

“Ne?” I’m confused.

“Will you be my girlfriend? I’m not making this up or what. I’m being serious right now.”

                WHAT??! IS THIS A PART OF THE GAME THEY WERE PLAYING?!!!!

“Ahhahahaha…” I’m laughing while the others are giggling and whisper to one another.

“Come on, answer it. Don’t make me stand here awkwardly.”

                I look around. Hyuna unnie is smiling wide at me like she knew this thing would happen. Dong Jun and Hyungsik claps their hands and Jun Young oppa looks down then waving at the crowd.

“Minha-yah! Come on!” Heecheol oppa surprises me.

“I’ll stay by your side always, oppa…” I smile.

                WHAT AM I DOING?!! WHAT IS THIS? I’M CONFUSED YET SO HAPPY.

“Is it a yes? Is it a yes??” Heecheol oppa looks ecstatic.

                He hugs me and then he hugs all the members. I still stand at the same point, stunned, while my members are hugging me, pinching my cheeks, rubbing my hair and suddenly…

“Let’s give applause for our couple, everybody..!” Jun Young oppa handles the situation.

                Everyone is cheering on us. After the concert, we go to our cars and go to the company. In the car, my members keep teasing me. They even call me ‘Jung Minha’ already. Heol!




 

                Star Empire Entertainment office, at the roof top…

“Oh, oppa. What are you doing here?” I asked Jun Young oppa who stands near the flower pot.

“Oh, Minha-yah. No, I want to take a fresh air….”

“Our concert was awesome, right? We are the best!”

“Ah, I forgot. Congratulation, Minha-yah!” Jun Young oppa turns his head then smiles at me.

“Ne, oppa. Thanks.”

                I look down, I feel something different at the tone of his voice. Jun Young oppa seems hiding something which he does not want to tell me.

“In your next life, don’t just look ahead, sometimes you need to look at your right side too. Maybe, there’s someone who stands by you, like a fool, all day long waiting for the right time to tell you that he actually loves you a lot.”

                Jun Young oppa said that to me. I try to connect the dots. I’m surprised when I find the answer. He was the one who always stands beside me all day long.

“ Love him right, Minha-yah.. Heecheol is a nice guy.” said Jun Young oppa.

                He smiles then leaves me alone at the rooftop.