Friends to Lovers

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

SeulMi POV

He stood there by the door with a smile.

“Better for me.” I felt my heart break at his remark, I smile back so that he couldn’t see how hurt I was.

“Fine.” I stood up, “If this is what you really want I’ll go and check tomorrow with ajussi’s…doctor.”

“Did you want-?” I cut him off

“N-no.” Man I hated my stuttering, “I can go myself.” Kai took one last look at me before leaving out the room. I fell back onto the bed with tears in my eyes, “Am I really pregnant?” I picked up my phone.

“Hello?”

“Ajussi.”

“SeulMi ah?” he sounded relief, “How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay ajussi. I was wondering if you can make an appointment with Dr. Yoon tomorrow for me.”

----

I sat in the waiting room by myself. I watched as couples walked in and out of the doctor’s office. I was scared out of my wits, I grabbed a hold of my purse.

“Miss. Kang SeulMi.” The nurse called my name. I took a deep breath before following the nurse to the back. All the memories of my family came running through my head as she lead me into a room. I sat there in silence; all I could hear was the clock ticking.

 

After my examination Dr. Yoon called me into his office.

“Hello SeulMi.”

“Hello Dr. Yoon.” I sat down, “So is there anything wrong with me?” Dr. Yoon pulls up my file from his computer. “Am I pregnant?”

“Well you aren’t pregnant.” I was disappointed a little, “But I have to ask you a couple of question.”

“Go ahead.” He goes back and view my files

“On your file here, you said that you have been vomiting, slight fever, random times when you feel weak, you are slightly tired most of the time, and loss of appetite.”

“Yes.” His reaction wasn’t good, “Is there something wrong Dr. Yoon?”

----

Author POV

RING RING

Kai saw SeulMi’s name on the caller ID and picks up the phone.

“What did the doctor say?” Kai asked

“I’m not pregnant.” Kai was happy but at the same time disappointed

“So what is wrong with you then?” he sighs

“The doctor said that I’m…that I – I’m just stress.” She sighs

“That is good then.” There was a silent pause

“Kai.”

“Hmm?”

“I know you don’t want me around you.” Kai was curious, “I know you don’t love me. So let file for a divorce.” Kai was shocked at her request, “I don’t want anything and your father can still keep the share. All I want in return is to spend one weekend with you.”

“Are you sure about this?” his voice became soft

“Yes. And if anyone ask questions I’ll take the blame. I’ll stay your house like always but I’ll go to the guest room.” She sighs, “I won’t becoming home, remember to eat and sleep early. Bye.” Kai slowly put is phone down.

“What is with this sudden request SeulMi?”

 

She sat in her car with her eyes closed and her head against her chair. Next to her laid two envelopes, her doctor’s report and the divorce paper.

“What am I going to do?” she sighs

SeulMi sat outside the emergency room. The nurses and doctors run in and out. About thirty minutes later the light turns off. The doctor came out.

“Ms. Kang.” SeulMi stood up

“I’m sorry but they’re gone.”

“What?”

“Your sister is still conscious though but she won’t last long. If you want to talk to her talk to her now.” SeulMi ran into the emergency room. SeulKi’s eye were barely open.

“Unnie.” SeulKi was pale

“Sue.”SeulMi walks over to her and grabs her hand

“Unnie don’t talk.” A tears fell from her eyes, “Don’t speak.”

“Tell…tell JongIn that I’m sorry.” She breathe heavily, “Unnie knows that you love him too Sue. Unnie is sorry unnie took him away.” She struggles to say

“Unnie you did nothing wrong.”SeulKi notion for SeulMi to come closer and whispers into her ear and hand her a sliver ring.

“Unnie loves you.” She closed her eyes and took her last breath.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

“Unnie?” She shook her sister, “Unnie ah! Kang SeulKi! Unnie andwe!”

 

RING RING (Kris)

“Hello?”

“SeulMi ssi, I heard you went to the doctors today? Is everything okay?”

“I’m fine thanks for worrying.”

“Where are you right now?”

“In the parking lot. I am about to head to the park soon.”

“Did you need me to-?”

“No. I want to spend time alone right now. Today is the day I get to spend time with my family. Thanks anyways Kris.”

“Oh, SeulMi”

“Yes?”

“We’ve started practicing already. When are you planning on joining us?”

“Next week, I’ll drop by next week.” She sighs, “I got to go now. Talk to you later Kris.” SeulMi starts her engine and drives out of the parking lot.

 

SeulMi sat at the swings and watch as the little kids ran by, and some older kids kicking a ball in the field. A soccer ball slowly rolled next to her feet and she picks up the ball. A boy about 12 came up to her.

“Is this yours?” the little boy nodded. SeulMi handed him the ball.

“Noona, would you like to play with us?”

“Sure.” SeulMi took of her jacket and went to join the group of kids. She forgot about her sickness and the sadness that she would soon feel. She was happy.

----

“What do you mean you don’t know where she is?” Xiumin yells at Kai, “She is your responsibility.” Xiumin, Suho, EunMi and Kai are all in Xiumin’s office after getting a call from SeulMi’s uncle, saying she was nowhere to be found.

“She went to the clinic like I told you.”

“We all know she wouldn’t go to that place, unless you - .” Suho thought about it, “What did you tell her?” he grabs Kai’s collar. EunMi runs to Suho and tries to loosen his grip.

“Suho ssi, calm down. We have to find her first.” Suho pushes Kai, “She only listens to you. What did you tell her? Kim JongIn!”

“I told her to abort it.” Kai said lowly

“’You what?” EunMi was stunned

“Why would you even tell her to if we all know it isn’t possible?” asked Suho, “You don’t even have feelings towards her.” Kai was silent

“I- I took it by force.”

POW!

Suho and Xuimin stood there in surprise as Kai falls over.

“EunMi.” Xiumin went and grab a hold of EunMi. Suho jaw basically dropped, Kai’s lip was bleeding. EunMi was struggling to get out of Xiumin’s grip.

“You ungrateful piece of crap.” Yells EunMi, “You did that to her and expected her to abort what you caused. Do you know how much that hurts a woman’s pride?” Xiumin pulls her aside.

“Is she some kind of trash to you now? She is your friend; best friend actually.” Suho walks to a corner, “If I could say she knew more about you then SeulKi ever did. The poor girl is in love with you, you lunatic.”

“None of this would have happen if you told everyone the truth.” Said Xiumin, “If you would have told everyone that she was your wife maybe none of this would’ve happen.” Kai had his head down, “SeulMi is sick if she isn’t pregnant. I’m no doctor but I can tell there is something wrong with her.”

Kai gets up and leaves the office. Xiumin lets go of EunMi.

“I don’t know what to do with him?” Xiumin looks at EunMi, “Where did you learn to hit like that?”

“My mother.” EunMi smiles, “She was a great fighter.” Xiumin smirks and scoot closer to Suho.

“Remind me to not get her angry.” Xiumin whispers to Suho.

----

SeulMi lean against a tree and closed her eyes.

RING RING

“Hello Unnie.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at the park. Why?”

 “Everyone is looking for you.”

“Tell everyone not to worry.” SeulMi said in a low voice, “Oh I forgot, I’m doing a memorial for my family at my old house tomorrow, will you and oppa come and join me?”

“I’ll ask him. But remember to go home and get a good night sleep. Depriving yourself of sleep isn’t good for your health.”

“Ne.” She smiles “Bye unnie.” SeulMi hung up her phone and took out the battery. From the distance she hears a woman and man arguing.

 

Kai went and took a walk in the park. He saw a little girl, about 5, crying on the bench. He slowly approaches her.

“Are you okay?” he taps her and she looks up at him, “Are you okay little girl?” she shook her head, “Are you lost?” she shook her head. “What is wrong then? Why are you crying?”

“Yuri ran away from umma and appa.”

“Why?” he sat down next to her, “Why would you run away from your parents?”

“Umma and appa are breaking up.” She sniff, “Yuri thought that if Yuri runs away umma and appa would come looking for Yuri together.”

“Did you think about what your parent would do if they can’t find you?” she looks up at Kai, “Your umma and appa won’t break up.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because they have you.” Kai smiles at her, “Why did you choose this place to run off to?”

“This is the place that we had the most fun as a family; a place where we were happy.”

 

“You’re the reason why she ran off.” Yells the woman

“If you had been watching her maybe she wouldn’t have left.” Yells the man

“So you’re saying this is my fault?” SeulMi walks towards the couple.

“Yes.”

“Um excuse me.” The two stop yelling, “I couldn’t help but to overhear your conversation. Who are you guys looking for?”

“My.” The woman looks at the man, “Our daughter. I dropped her off at school this morning and they called me and told me that she disappeared.”

“Why would you think she is here?”

“Our daughter likes this place very much. So we thought to check it first.”

“Why would she run off?”

“We think,” says the man, “She is upset over the fact that we’re splitting up. We both know it isn’t right but we just can’t do it anymore.”

“You shouldn’t do it. Getting a divorce and having a child involve makes things hard on the child. Growing up needs both of the parents.” SeulMi sighs, “Why don’t you think about why you guys fell in love instead of searching for it again.” SeulMi smiles, “But first things first let go look for your daughter.”

 

Kai and the little girl went got ice cream at the stand.

“So are you going to tell me where you live?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Yuri has no home if she has no family.”

“Yuri, you know ajussi has a friend who lost her family.”

“What happened?”

“They all died in a car accident, she was the only one who survived.” SeulMi face came to him, “She is the toughest girl I ever met. She did everything by herself and never asked for help.” He sighs, “So if Yuri’s umma and appa does leave always remember that you have yourself too, and you still have your parents they just won’t be living together. It is better than no parents.”

“Yuri ah!”

“Yuri!” Kai and the little girl looks up to see her parents. Her mother ran to her with tearful eyes. Yuri dropped her ice cream and walked to her parents. Kai saw SeulMi walking towards them with a smile. He felt a huge burden lifted off his shoulder. “Yuri don’t ever do that again.”

“I’m sorry umma. I’m sorry appa.” Her head was down, “I just didn’t want you guys to leave each other so I ran off.” Her tears began to fall, “I thought that if you guys broke up I would be alone.” The man and woman looks at each other. “But I will understand if you guys don’t want to be with each other anymore.”

“Yuri that night when you heard appa and me talking we were just yelling at each other. We didn’t really mean it.”

“Really?” they both nod and Yuri jumps and hugs her parents. SeulMi and Kai stood there and watch the happy family. Kai kept taking a quick glance at SeulMi and notice how happy she was just looking at the family.

 

“Thank you so much.” Said the man, “If it wasn’t for you I would have never found her.”

“It is no problem sir.” Said Kai. SeulMi, Yuri and her mother were talking by the cars.

“Are you single?”

“Yes.” Kai was confused, “Waeyo?”

“Do you guys know each other? You and that young lady over there.”

“Yes. She is my friend.” The man starts to laugh, “What is so funny?”

“Have you heard the term about falling in love with your best friend?” Kai shook his head, “That is how my wife and I got married. We were best friends, but I liked her friend so she hooked us up. After a couple of years the girl left me and I was depressed. She came and gave me hope and that is when I knew I had fell in love.”

“So the whole divorce thing, was that true?” the man chuckles

“Sadly yes, but thanks to that friend of yours we might have to rethink about it.” Kai looks at SeulMi talking to the girls, “Divorce isn’t something one can easily just do. There are consequences that comes with it. Especially when you have a family with children.”

“So let file for a divorce.”

 

They went to the parking lot and said goodbye to Yuri and her family. Leaving Kai and SeulMi out in the open. SeulMi took one look at Kai. He kept his eyes on the car until it was out of his site. Seul notices his lip.

“Kai, what happened?” she touches his face but he move, “Did you get into a fight with somebody?”

“Don’t worry about it.” SeulMi nods

“I’ll see you later then.” She walks away

“Where are you going?”

“I have nowhere to go. I’m just wandering.” He grabs her wrist

“Come home with me. Xiumin and the others are worried about you.” He tries to walk away but she didn’t budge.

“What about you?” Kai was quiet, “Are you worried about me too?” she sighs

Preview:

“Tomorrow is SeulKi, umma and appa’s memorial… I would like it if you came and join.”

“Kang SeulMi what are you doing to me?”

“Mr. Kai called and said that he is lost in the storm somewhere.”

“Don’t worry I’ll talk to her for you she’ll understand you.”

“We both split up looking for you, and then the storm got bad so I came back hoping she was already here.”

 

[A/N]

♥Thanks for waiting. I know this was a crappy chapter.♥

♥Planning on Updating again tomorrow♥

♥Please Subscribe and Leave comments♥