Different

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

“I’m your husband, it supposed to matter to me.” He looks at her in the eyes.

“Just because it is our last week together doesn’t mean that you have to start acting like you care.” She smiles, “Because no matter how you act towards me you’ll always be my friend.” She pinches his cheek, “After this week ends you can go and date Luna openly. Unnie would have want you to.” She turns and leans on the rails, “You should go wash up and come to bed; it is getting late.” She walks back and sits on the bed.

“Thank you.” she was confused, “For staying with me and taking care of me for the whole night back at the mansion.”

“That is what I am here for; friend or not.” He walks to her and kisses her forehead leaving her stunned.

“Sleep.” He grabs a towel and enters the bathroom. SeulMi slowly touches her forehead where he kissed her.

Kai went into the bathroom and looks into the mirror and smiles at himself.

“I guess this is going to be easier than I thought.”

Kai walks out of Xiumin’s office and towards the dance room. He peeks inside and sees the three couple dance together. His eyes lands on Kris and SeulMi; Kris had his hand on her waist and they dance close to each other. He felt something he didn’t understand.

“Kai?” Kai flinches

“Hyung.”Suho right behind him

“What are you looking at?” Suho peeks into the room, “Is that?” he looks back at Kai, “Wow, she still got it.” He notices Kai’s expression, “What is wrong with you?”

“Huh?” Kai looks down, “N-nothing. Nothing is wrong hyung.” Suho leans up against the wall

“If I didn’t know better I think you are getting a little jealous.” Kai avoid looking at Suho, “You are aren’t you?”

“No I am not.” He denies, “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Then prove it.” Suho smirks, “We both know that you don’t have feelings for SeulMi.” He walks around Kai, “So why don’t we make a little bet, just like we did back then.”

“What is on the line?” Kai smile. Suho thought about it

“Loser has to do whatever the winners want.” Kai didn’t think anything about the bet.

“Deal.” They shook hands on it. “So what is the bet on?”

“I know about you abusing her.  We all know, you’re just lucky appa doesn’t know.” Suho’s smile fades, “For the next two weeks you can’t be nothing but good to her. If I see, hear, or even notice something you lose.  And I know how you hate losing.”Suho put his hands in his pocket, “Since I know you aren’t very good I’ll let you have two strikes, but only two.”

SeulMi POV

Kai has been acting strange these past two days, almost as if he was back to his old self just a bit more weird. He wakes up every morning smiling at me, he always trying to talk to me in a sweet, and he always asking me how my day is. He has become warmer and less cold, but that makes it harder for this weekend. I walked down the stairs and saw him sitting in the dining room.

“Kai.” He looks at me

“Morning SeulMi.” He smiles at me, but I notice there was something off about his smile “You ready?” I nod. We both went to his car and headed towards KIM Corps.

“Kai.” he looks at me, “About this weekend.” His focus goes back on the road, “Where do you want to go?”

“That is up to you.”

“Can we go to Lotte World?” I look straight ahead, “It is where we both last went before you and unnie got engaged.” I paused, “Before everything changed.”

“SeulMi.” He looks back at me, “Nothing has changed.”

*That is what you think.* SeulMi thought to herself

----

When we got to the building we went our separate ways, I headed to the dance room and he headed to his office.

“Hello everyone.” I threw my bag on the floor

“SeulMi,” Sehun approached me, “I notice that you and hyung been carpooling these past couple days. Is there something going on?”

“Umm…” I didn’t know what to say, “N-no. He was just offering me a ride, because m-my car isn’t working.”

“Oh.” Sehun nods, “If you need a ride ask Kris hyung to pick you up.”

“No,” I saw Kris’ expression, “I don’t want to be a bother. Plus Kris-ssi and I don’t know each other well and people might get the wrong idea.” Kris stood up he looked hurt because I just used formality.

“Let’s stop with the talking and start practicing.” He went and started the music, “The concert is in less than a month we need to practice hard.”

Night Time

“Bye.” SeulMi was the last to leave the practice room. She saw Kai asleep on the bench with his head nodding back and forth. SeulMi chuckles and slowly walks over to Kai. She squats down in front of him and smiles. She took out her phone and takes a picture. Kai suddenly wakes up and she hides her phone. Kai notices SeulMi squatting.

“What are you doing?” SeulMi stands up

“I…I was watching you sleep.” Kai stood up too

“What! Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You looked really cute with drool coming out of your mouth.” Kai quickly wipes his mouth but notices nothing. SeulMi quickly walks away.

“Yah!” he chases after her, “Kang SeulMi.” She looks back and stick out her tongue before running off. She bumps into somebody and lands on her , “SeulMi!” he jogs over

“Ouch.” She looks up and was surprise who it was.

“SeulMi are you okay?” ask Mr. Kim

“Abeoji.” SeulMi quickly stood up and bows

“Appa.” Kai comes to a stop and bows also.

“Why are you still here?”

“I just got done practice abeoji.” She looks at Kai, “And Kai was waiting for me.” Mr. Kim nods

“I see.” Mr. Kim smiles, “You guys should get home and rest.”

“Ne.” they both said unison. Mr. Kim walks right pass them.

 ----

SeulMi fell asleep on the way home. Kai pulled up into the driveway.

“SeulMi.” He looks at her, “SeulMi-ah.” He pats her shoulder, “She must be really tired.” He gets out of the car and walks over to her side. He unbuckles her and piggy back her to their room. He lays her down slowly and takes off her shoes. He takes a step back and looks at her. “You’re such a deep sleeper, like always.” He smiles before heading to the bathroom.

Kai came out of the bathroom drying his hair. He notice walks over to the closet and took out a shirt. He notices that SeulMi wasn’t in bed, but he notice blood on her pillow. He ran out into the hallway and notices the bathroom light on and hears the water running.

“SeulMi?” he pushes the door open. She covered her nose with paper towel trying to stop the bleeding. “What happen?” Kai went and rolled some toilet paper up.

“I don’t know. I felt something warm on my face and saw that my nose was bleeding so I came to the bathroom.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he covers her nose with the toilet paper in his hand

“I just reacted to it.”

“Next time tell me.” SeulMi stared at him making him uncomfortable, “What?”

“You’ve been acting weird lately.” He didn’t answer her, “Maybe it is just me.” She pinch the bridge of her nose and kept her head low.

“SeulMi?”

“Hmm?” she looks up at him

“Have you gain some weight?”

“Bwoh?”

“When I carried you in earlier I think I might have sprung my back.” He touched his back acting like it hurt.

“Yah.” She threw the blooding toilet paper at him, “Kai.” He dodged it and ran out of the bathroom. “I’m going to get you.” She chased after him.

----

As the weekend got closer SeulMi began to think was what she was going to do right? Was leaving the best choice. Practice only kept her mind off it for a little while, but when she saw his smiling face she had second thoughts. Maybe he really did love her.

One week was passing by and it seem like pretending to love her was getting easier, but knowing what lies ahead was what got him confused. He had mixed feelings for her and SeulKi. But his feelings for SeulMi was only a bet. Right?

 

SeulMi was leaving the practice room to meet Kai at his office when she is stopped by Luna.

“I need to talk to you.” SeulMi follows Luna to a room.

“What do you need to talk about?”

“I’ve notice that you and Kai oppa has been spending quite a lot of time together.”

“And your problem is?” Luna scoffs

“Didn’t I already tell you; I am his girlfriend.” She crosses her arm, “Stay away from him.”

“If you are Kai’s girlfriend you should know who I am.” SeulMi smiles at her

“His maid.”  SeulMi was stunned at the comment, “That is what he told me.” Luna walks around her looking up and down. “I don’t know how the GM of Sujeong became the slave of Kim’s Corps’ youngest son who holds no position, but let me tell you darling he is only acting like this because he made a deal with someone.” Luna stood behind her, “I didn’t want to tell you, but being his girlfriend I can’t just stand and watch as my boyfriend plays around with some girl.” She leans into SeulMi’s ear, “Especially the innocent ones. Good job with the whole pool incident too. I guess I would have fell into the pool too if I knew Kai was going to come save me.” Luna laughs and leaves SeulMi standing in the empty room. SeulMi walks over and sits on a bench.

*He actually told her.* She scoffs, *He told her that I am his slave.* She starts to laugh to herself with tears streaming down her face, “I knew it was too good to be true.”

 

Kai stood at the door of his office waiting for SeulMi to appear. She was nowhere to be seen. Just then

“Oppa.” He turns his head and sees Luna

“Luna?”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m actually waiting for SeulMi. We’re planning on going out to lunch together.”

“You’re talking about Kang SeulMi, right?” she acted confused. Kai nods, “I thought I saw her leaving with somebody out to lunch somewhere.”

“Really?” Kai was shocked, they planned to meet for lunch.

“Yeah.” Luna smiles, “but since I am going to lunch also why don’t I go with you instead.” Kai smiles and lives happily with Luna.

“I guess having that happen isn’t a bad idea either.”

 

SeulMi sat in the dance room waiting for everyone to return from lunch. She kept thinking about what happen. Her heart was in pain and she felt like crying. Her phone vibrated but she didn’t dare to look, because she knew in her heart if she answered she might cry. Just the thought of him made her eyes swell.

“You wanted to know what we were. You’re my slave and I am your master.”

“Babo.” She scold herself, “Kang SeulMi is a babo.”

Kris passed by the room and saw SeulMi sitting with a sadden expression. He slowly opens the door. SeulMi didn’t even notice him.

“SeulMi.” He said quietly, “SeulMi.” No answer. He walks closer and taps her shoulder. She slowly turns her head.

“Kris-ssi.”

“What is wrong with you?” No words came out of but he could read her expression, “Did something happen?” she looks away and nods, “Kai?” she nods again holding back her tears, “Kai said something to you?” she shook her head, “About you?” she nods, “To the guys?” she shook her head, “To a girl.” She didn’t move her head. Kris sighs, “To Luna?” that did it. The tears came down even though she didn’t blink her eyes. Kris pulls her into a hug until she calmed down a bit, “You like him don’t you?” She looks at him. “I can tell by looking at you.”

“Kris.” She cried, “I don’t know what to do? I thought we were getting along just fine again and then he…”

“What did Luna say to you?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She shook her head. Kris sighs and gets up.

“Go home. I’ll tell everyone that you went home.” SeulMi didn’t want anyone to ask her anymore question nor did she want Suho or Xiumin to see her puffy eyes. She goes to the side and grabs her duffle bag.

“I’ll see you later Kris.” She bows and walks out the room with Kris behind her. She stops in her tracks.

 “What is it?” he looks and saw what she saw. Across from where they were Luna and Kai was in a passionate kiss. Kris clenches his fist.

“Hyung and SeulMi what are you guys looking at?”

SeHun and the dance crew saw exactly what they saw. All of their jaws dropped. They knew that Kai and SeulMi had something going on even if they didn’t admit it. But Luna and Kai kissing in broad daylight, inside the company, was something new. Not to say in front of SeulMi

 

Kai and Luna just had lunch and came back. Luna was clinging onto Kai’s arm. Luna stops Kai in the middle of the hallway across from the dance room.

“What are you doing?” Kai asked with a sly smile. Luna pokes his nose

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too Luna.”

“When are you going to come back to me?”

“Next week. I already told you that.”

“How can I trust you?” she pouts. He thinks for a bit and pulls her towards him and kisses her

 

“I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.” Kris walks towards the couple. SeulMi broke out of her trance and tries stopping Kris.

“Kris andwe.” She drops her bag and tries grabbing his shirt but got dragged along instead. There was no stopping Kris.

“Kim Jong In.” Kai and Luna pull away from each other

“Hyung.” Kai notice SeulMi. She got in between the two.

“Kris there is no need for this.” SeulMi tries to push him back using all her strength.

“He needs to be taught a lesson.” She shook her head.

“What is going on?” ask Kai.

“I should be asking you that question?” Kris knuckles were white. Kai pushes Luna behind him. “What are you doing with that ? You should be with SeulMi, instead of leaving her alone.” Kris raised his voice. SeulMi was still trying to push Kris back.

“Why should I wait for her? She was with somebody else.” A crowd had started to form.

“Kim JongIn, she has been here the whole time crying her eyes out because of that behind you.” Kris took a huge sigh, “For the last week I notice her smile brighten because of you and she was happier with you. Why would you leave someone like her to go with someone like that?”

“If you like her so much why don’t you just take her?” Kai felt a pain in his heart saying that, “I’ll give her to you.” SeulMi stop pushing Kris and Kris stop moving. They were right in front of Kai and Luna.

“She isn’t an object Kai.” Kris raised his voice, “You can’t just throw her around like she is your toy. She a human being with feelings.”

“Kris.” SeulMi’s back was facing towards Kai, “Please just let him be. I’m not what he cares for anyways.” Her heart shook as she tried to speak, “I am a nobody.”

“Jumping to every guy you see huh?” Luna comments, “It a good thing you’re leaving her.” Kris snaps and swung.

“Kris! Andwe!” Luna dodges and Kai closes his eye as he blocks Luna from getting hit.

POW

CRASH

Gasping could be heard from the crowd. Kai opens his eyes and see SeulMi on the floor and broken glass next to her; Kris was next to her. Her forehead was scraped, her lip was bleeding and she had a couple of small cuts on her arm.

“SeulMi ssi.” Kris touches her face, “Why did you block him?” he tries to wipe the blood from her face.

“Oww.” She moves his hand.

“I’m sorry.”

“It wasn’t your fault. I got in the way.” She looks up at Kai

“SeulMi.” Kai was stone solid. He didn’t know what to say or do except stare at her wounds, “Why didn’t you let him hit me?”

“Should I have a reason for protecting my friend?” she wanted to smile but nothing but a frown appeared. She got up slowly using the wall. “But I guess we aren’t even that anymore?” Those words pierce his heart like a knife. She looks at him before she walked back and picked up her bag. As she left she let the tears fall from her face.

Kai’s heart told him to go after her but his mind said stay. Her teary eyes was imprinted into his mind.

Preview:

“You better hope they found her. If not you’ll get worse than this.”

“Can you call me Sue again?”

“She is actually my Hyung’s girlfriend. He said that he couldn’t come and wanted me to come in his place since we’re really good friends.”

“What are you smiling about?”

“Balloons.”

[A/N]

♥ Hello Readers and Subscribers♥

♥How is it going so far? Let me know how you feel about the characters.♥

♥Let me know what you think well happen next.♥

♥Until Next. Please SUBSCRIBE♥