Suspicion

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

[A/N] Hello everyone this is asianflava13. Back this week. Planning on another update later this evening. Have fun reading and remember to comment below. Tell me about what you think so far. DON'T be a silent reader. Comments do help me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai and SeulMi were about 3ft away from each other. Kai had his eyes only on her. SeulMi still trying to understand the situation. Her heart swayed back and forth from what she had just heard.

“Bwoh?” she said shakily, not sure if she heard right the first time.

He sighs “I have feelings for you.”

SeulMi look down and trying to avoid looking at him and slowly backs away. The tears had already brim to her eyes once again, even though the ones from earlier had not dried.

“I’m sorry.” She looks up, “I’m very thankful but I’m sorry.” She exhaled.

“Waeyo?” Kai was curious. Didn’t she love him?

“Th - there is no reason Kai.”

“Sue.” He inches closer to her, “I know I’ve hurt you in the most unimaginable way ever but please just give a chance.”

SeulMi looks up at him with her wet cheeks. She smiles at him but instead of walking towards him she walks pass him. Kai, shocked at what just happened, runs after her. SeulMi walks as fast as she could to get a taxi but Kai stood in between her and the car door. Kai closes the door and the taxi goes away. He was out of breath as he blocked her. She looks at Kai.

“I’m giving you freedom. Why do you keep following me?” she sighs

“I don’t want to be free.” He saw the sad look in her eyes, “Why do you want to leave me so badly? What did I do to hurt you so much?”

“You’ve done nothing wrong.”

“Wae? Why do you want to leave me?”

“I’m leaving because I know you don’t love me.” She sighs, “Because you love unnie and unnie is the only person you’re welling to have a commitment with.” Her heart hurt at the words that came out of , because she knew they were the truth. “Those rings you wear around your neck is a symbol that you still love her. The fact that whenever someone insults her or talks about her makes your heart hurts. I can’t love someone like that, I can’t love someone not willing to let go of the past.”

“It never stopped you before.” He took out the necklace from his shirt and pulls it off breaking the chain.  SeulMi was surprised, “If this is what keeping you from me then I’ll discard it.” He threw it to the field of snow next to the station.

“Kai, what are you doing?”

“Doing whatever I can to convince you that my feelings are true.” SeulMi looks at him in disappointment and storms off to the field of snow, “SeulMi.” She ignores him. He follows her to the field. She starts to look around the snow and gently removing the snow. “SeulMi stop looking for it.” He pulls her up by her arm. “You don’t need to look for it. It isn’t anything special.”

SeulMi ignores him and keeps searching. He pulls her up by her arm.

“Stop.”

“I know you’re just putting up an act Kai. That necklace means everything to you and unnie. I know you can’t just throw it away like that.” Kai temper got the best of him.

“Fine if you want to look for it go ahead. I’m leaving.” He lets go of her arm and drives off in his car.

SeulMi watches as his car leaves the station, hoping that he might stop and turn back. As soon as he was out of sight she crouches down and letting the snow fall on her as she search for the rings.

 

SeulMi and SeulKi sits on a white bench. SeulMi notices a sliver band on her finger. It had a beautiful patterns on it.

“Oh unnie, your ring is really pretty. Where did you get it?”

“Hal-abeoji gave to me. He told me that whoever have this ring their love will go on forever. Even if the ring disappears it will always appear again only if the lovers love is true.” SeulKi put her hand up and let the sun shine on it, “There are two of them.”

“Oppa has the other one?” SeulKi nods

“But the thing is only if the owner gives it away the magic can work.”

“So since hal-abeoji gave it to you it work on you?” SeulKi nods

“This ring not only appears, but reunite the lovers also.” SeulKi smiles, “But only if their love is true.”

----

Kai was half way home, his thought were on SeulMi. The way she cried and laugh that weekend. This way his heart pines for her. Knowing her, he knew that she wouldn’t leave until it was found.

“Kim JongIn, what are you doing?” he does a U-turn and drives back towards the station

----

She rubs her hands together and tries to warm it with her breath.

“I have to find it.” She brushes the snow away. After an hour of looking for it she almost gave up. She closes her eyes and looks up at the stars, “Unnie please help me find it.” She opens her eyes and saw something hanging from a pine tree. The rings had landed on a branch higher than her. “How am I going to get it?”

 She looks around the station and see nothing she can use to climb. She looks at the trunk of the tree and knows that climbing was the best bet. She looks at the tree and grabs a branch pulling herself up.

Kai pulls into the parking lot and jogs towards the field. SeulMi was nowhere in sight. He looked down and followed her footsteps that lead him to the tree. He looks up and saw SeulMi climbing up.

“Yah! Kang SeulMi.” He yells making her jump.

“Yah! No need to yell you’re going to give people a heart attack.” She pats her chest and takes a huge breath.

“What are you doing up there?”

“Getting your necklace that you threw with all of your strength.”

“Bwoh?”

“Your necklace is on this branch right here.” She pointed towards the necklace. Kai followed her finger and saw it was on a rather thin branch.

“Get down, I’ll get it.” She ignores him and slowly got down on her stomach and inched forward to get it. “SeulMi! I said get down.” She got a hold of the chain and slowly pulls it. She slowly moves backwards and as soon as her hit the trunk of the tree she pushed herself up and smiled.

“Kai, I got it.” She smiles. Kai smiles in relief.

 

Kai helps SeulMi down from the last branch. SeulMi grabs a hold of Kai’s hand and gives the rings back to him.

“W-waeyo?”

“Unnie told me that if your love is true the ring will always return back to you.” SeulMi rubs her hands, “And I know it is.” She looks down at her feet, “I guess I’ll get going. Anneyoeng.” She wanted to leave but Kai grabbed a hold of her wrist.

“SeulMi give me a week.” SeulMi saw the sincerity in his eyes. “Let me prove myself, I prove that we’re more than just friends.” SeulMi head wasn’t sure what to say. He was the man she loved her whole life.

----

SeulMi was at practice the next day dancing with Kris. She was less stiff and worried less about her body. She let her move go with the flow and let herself drown in the music.

Knock Knock

The music stops and Kai enters the room. Everyone stops and looks at Kai.

“Oh hyung.” Says SeHun, He looks at SeulMi and then back at Kai

“What are you doing here?” asked Kris

“Don’t worry hyung I’m here to talk to my girlfriend.” He looks straight at SeulMi and smiles. “Right SeulMi.” Her cheeks turned red. The guys were all surprised.

“I don’t know what kind of joke you’re playing Kai but we’re in the middle of practice here.” Kris crosses his arm, “If you want to talk to SeulMi you’ll have to wait until break.”

Kai walks over to the benches and sits down.

“I’ll just wait here then.” He crosses his legs and stares at Kris. Kris turns and starts the music again. SeulMi couldn’t help but feel nervous in front of Kai. When they used to dance back then it was always solo; now she dancing with a partner. She felt like her body was stiffing up again.

“Ignore him.” Said Kris. She nods and just dance.

 

Kai fell asleep on the bench. Everyone grabbed their bags wondering who was going to wake him up. SeulMi wanted to stay behind and practice on her part.

“SeulMi,” said LuHan, “Since you’re his girlfriend why don’t you wake him up.” Kris looks at her. SeulMi looks at Kai and sighs.

“Just let him sleep for a bit more. He seems really tired.” She smiles, “Since I am going to practice my part later anyways I’ll wake him up.” Everyone packed up their bags and left. Kris walked up to her.

“Be careful.” She nods. Kris looks at Kai.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me.” Kris pats her head and leaves the dance room. SeulMi goes and turns on the music and begins practicing her solo. While she spins she felt someone catch her waist.

“I see you improved.” Kai dances Kris’ part, “You seem a little uncomfortable with Kris hyung though.” Kai face was centimeters away from SeulMi’s. They didn’t move anymore but stared at each other. SeulMi examine his face from his eyes to his perfectly plump lips.

“Why did you come and say that to everyone.” She glares at him

“Why? I thought you were the one that wanted people to know our marital status.” He smirks at her, and she scoffs.

“We aren’t even dating nor are we married.”

“Really?  I don’t remember signing the papers.” SeulMi stops, “What is wrong?” SeulMi back away from him.

“I’m done for today.” She goes and grabs her duffle bag, “You should get some rest. Don’t come in here next time just to fall asleep.” She walks out the door with her heart beating fast.

----

Next Day

Kai went to Suho’s office. He goes and lays on the couch.

“It seems like I am winning.” Smiles Kai

“Really?” Kai sits up, “With the fact that you already have one strike means I am closer to winning.” Suho smiles and joins his brother on the other couch, “If I didn’t give you the two strikes you would have lost.”

“That was an accident.” Kai had his eyes close, “Luna was really tempting.”

“Hmm… the Kai I know don’t make accidents.” Suho smiles, “Oh but you aren’t the Kai I know.”

“I don’t know why you’re boasting hyung I have only four days left.”

“Yea, that means you have almost 100 hours to mess things up.” Suho get up from his desk and walks over to seat around the coffee table, “So how was your little weekend getaway with SeulMi?” Kai’s smiles from ear to ear.

“We slept the whole afternoon on the first day. We had a blast on the second day; reminds me of the old days.” Flashes of memories of childhood invades his mind, “When SeulKi was still here.” Kai’s smiles fades as he quickly sat up. Suho examined Kai’s expression and he knew that Kai was lost.

“Kai, do you have any feeling for SeulMi?”

“As a dongsae, yes.” As he said that he feel something pulled at his heart.

“You know what I am talking about Kai. You shouldn’t be playing around with her like this.”

“You were the one that came up with the idea.”

“I was testing to see how cocky you were. I also wanted to see her smile again after two years of suffering” Suho sighs. He didn’t want to see SeulMi go back to a depressed girl who saw nothing but darkness in the world, “You know the two years you were abroad she didn’t know what to do. You were her leader, the one she followed. Both you and SeulKi left her alone to fend for herself. Hyung and I tried our best but we weren’t good enough, as soon as we left she was back to that same state.”

“What state?” Kai never heard of this story before

“You know about her cleaning habit when she is upset.” Kai nods. Suho sighs and closes his eyes as he remembers her skinny, pale figure. She had bags under her eyes and a bank expression, “She stop eating at one point, and she even stop sleeping. Her smile was gone, her cheerful voice was nowhere to be heard. Jean told us that she went to the hospital one day and completely changed. She became the same old SeulMi again.” Suho bit his knuckles and quickly looks at Kai. “So even if I lose to you I know she’ll be smiling.”

“So you made this bet with me even though you know you were going to lose.” Kai was totally lost.

“That is because I have nothing to lose.” Suho grins widely at Kai. “But if you lose her, I know you’ll lose everything.”

----

Late Afternoon

SeulMi went to the park to relax. She sits at a bench with her mind still wrapped around what happened the day before.

“I couldn’t leave without you. I couldn’t bear to leave you.”

Her heart skipped a beat just at the thought.

“You made me fall for you like an idiot and expect me to leave you like that?”

She is puzzled by what he said. Where they true?

“I have feelings for you.”

Were they true was the question. Don’t get her wrong she was happy, no, overjoyed that Kai had somewhat confessed to her. But there was still an uneasy feeling lingering in her heart as if something was wrong.

She took a deep breath and looks at the batting cages and then down at the bracelet on her wrist that Kai gave to her when they were kids.

“Kang SeulMi, you know Kai well enough right?” she thought, “He is lying to you.”

“Who is lying to you?” some said from behind her. She jumps up.

“Annyeong Unnie.” EunMi was smiling at SeulMi. “What are you doing here?”

“I was taking a walk to clear my head about all the wedding plans. Then I saw you and decided to come and say hi. But you were talking to yourself.” EunMi’s tilt her head slightly, “Mind telling me?”

“Uh…” SeulMi scratches the back of her head, “It really isn’t anything important. I was just talking to myself.”

“Was it about Kai?” EunMi put her hands behind her back, “You’re confused about something aren’t you? Feelings?” SeulMi stays quiet. That was when EunMi knew it. “So it is about Kai.”

“EunMi unnie, I feel like I can’t hide anything from you when it comes to Kai.”  SeulMi feels embarrassed and sits back down.

“People say that I am good at reading expressions.” EunMi sits next to her, “How about we do this? You tell me what is wrong so I can help you and get my mind off this wedding stuff for a while. It is a win-win situation.”

SeulMi thought for a second and looks at EunMi’s puppy face. SeulMi takes in a deep breath.

“Ok.” She looks at EunMi, “I think Kai is up to something.”

Preview:

“Like he got hit with cupid’s arrow weird.”

 “I’m showing you how it feels to be cheated without anyone finding out until the last minute.”

 “I’ll play for the rings, Kai.”

“SeulMi was diagnosed with Leukemia last year.”

  “You’ve lost.”