Forgive

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

DongWon and Kai were in a car together driving to the meeting spot. Not any hour ago the person sent a picture of SeulMi unconscious on the ground telling them to bring the ransom money and no one else. If he didn’t want anything to happen to SeulMi.

“Can you drive any faster?” Kai was anxious.

“If I drive any faster I could crash.” DongWon was concentrated on the road. “Why is it whenever she is with you she is always in danger? I stayed with her for two years and nothing ever happens. Nothing.” DongWon grips onto the wheel.

“I don’t know.”

-----

Ririn stayed at the side of the building. She recognizes the van that SeulMi was dragged into. Ririn pulls out her gun and observe the building. No one was on the first floor, so she sneaks up to the second floor. She saw SeulMi on the floor talking to a man and another by the door. She quietly walks up the stairs and hid in a room not too far from the room SeulMi was in. She notices the cuff on SeulMi’s wrist. She walks into another room in the hallway.

“How am I going to take that off of you?” Ririn said quietly as she places her gun back into the pocket.

“Why don’t you go and try?” Ririn turns around and there stood a guy with a black hood on. “Hello there pretty.” He tries to hit her but she countered it and knocked the air out of him. Ririn notices another guy coming and reaches for her gun but found a gun pointed towards her instead.

“If I were you I put that gun down.” Ririn smiles

“Or what?” he the gun. Ririn quickly takes the gun from the guy and pointed it at him. She knocks him out before doing the same to the other.

 

DongWon and Kai arrived at the building. Kai quickly walks up the stairs, the money bag in his hand. Kai saw SeulMi on the floor. The man standing next to her with a knife to .

“So you finally arrived?” The older man smiles,

“SeulMi.” She looks at Kai, “Are you okay?”

“Why did you come you idiot?” she raised her voice at him, “You shouldn’t have come.”

“I can’t leave you here by yourself.” The older guys starts to chuckle and caught their attention.

“This is all very touching but, where is my money?” Kai threw the bag onto the floor. The guy by the hall goes and check it and confirms that it was the real thing and brings the bag closer.

“Now that you have your money, let her go.” Kai says with a firm voice.

“I’ll make a trade.” The guy rubs his chin, “The girl for you.”

“Waeyo.”

“Because the reason I am really here is so that I can take revenge on him.” He digs the knife a little bit into SeulMi throat making her wince a little, “Maybe killing her in front of you is good enough isn’t it.” Kai saw a little blood drip down her neck.

“What do you want?”

“You to suffer.” The guy chuckles, “You’re the reason I am what I am today.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You don’t recognize me?” He stood up, “I am the man you ruin two years ago.” The face finally pops in Kai’s head, “I want you to understand what it feels to be tormented and lose the one you love. You don’t know what suffering is.”

“If you want to talk about suffering, that girl has suffered more by my hand than you.” Kai said in a calm voice, “I only married her because of money. I beat her, her, and divorce her. I even left her when she was sick, she was nothing more than a toy to me.”

“Are you trying to trick me?” his knife still on .

“I’m just telling you the truth.” Kai smirks, “The only reason I brought the money is because if I didn’t I would have looked bad.”

“Kai what are you doing?” SeulMi yells but he ignores her.

“So the person who deserves to die here it’s me not her.”

“It is your grave then.” The guy threw a cuff at him, “You cuff yourself next to her and don’t try anything funny or she gets it.” Kai picks up the handcuffs and cuff one of his wrist and walks over and cuffs himself to the pole next to SeulMi.

“Now let her go.” The man notion for his accomplice to unlock SeulMi. She sat there in front of him. She knew what he said was a lie, yet it hurt so much.

“Ka!” Kai yells at her, “Are you deaf you idiot, I said go! I never loved you, I knew from the very beginning that you loved me but I could never love you.” SeulMi shakes her head as the tears started to form,

“Aniyo~” She started to cry.

 “You were never able to replace SeulKi. You were right she will always remain in my heart.” SeulMi was in disbelief, “I was glad I left when you had leukemia, you were a burden to me. I don’t love you. Just disappear and never come back in my life.”

“Aniyo.” The accomplice pulls SeulMi up. The guy goes and grabs a bucket of gasoline and starts to pour it in a circle around Kai. “What are you doing?” SeulMi yells

“Killing him.” He lights a match, “Goodbye.” He throws it onto the floor. Kai stood up to be able to see SeulMi.

“Kai!” SeulMi yells, the guys leave with the money leaving SeulMi there. She can hear Kai coughing and gagging in the fire. SeulMi tries to get to the other side and save him but she couldn’t.

“SeulMi, go! Save yourself.” Kai saw her struggling.

“Ani.” Ririn pops out of nowhere.

“SeulMi, we have to get out of here.”

“Ani, not without him.” Ririn notice Kai in the fire, her palms started to sweat. “We have to save him.” SeulMi pleads.

“Ririn, get SeulMi out of here.” Kai yells

“But sir.”

“Just do it!” Ririn grabs a hold of SeulMi and drags her out.  Kai can hear SeulMi still calling out his name, “Saranghaeyo.” He sat down on the floor as the fire consume the building.

When Ririn got SeulMi out of there she saw that DongWon had gotten the two men in handcuffs next to the other two she had cuff on the floor. SeulMi was out of it, she felt like she was going crazy. She couldn't afford to lose Kai.

“Where is Kai?” DongWon asked

“He is cuff up there.” Said Ririn, “I can’t get to him the fire is too big.”

“I’ll go.” DongWon was about to go but Ririn grabs onto his arm.

“Don’t, it is too dangerous. The building isn’t stable.” He touches her hands

“I’ll be fine.” DongWon enters the burning building. Ririn set SeulMi down in the car.

“SeulMi I’ll be right back.” Ririn walked to the front door and stop. The memories of fire scared her. She took a deep breath and ran into the building.

The smoke was already fogging up the building and it was getting harder to breath without coughing. DongWon had no idea where Kai was.

“Kai!” DongWon yells, “Kai! If you can hear me say something!”

“Ov-er here!” Kai tries to yell. He was almost gone. DongWon saw Kai by the pillar. He jumps through the fire. He goes and shake Kai.

“Kai, you have to stay with me. I’ll get you out of here.” He notice the cuff on Kai’s wrist. “We need to find a way to get that off.”

“How is SeulMi?” Kai was barely awake.

“She is fine. She outside with Ririn.”

“That is good.” Kai coughs before blacking out.

“Yah! Kai!” No response.

“Move aside.” DongWon saw Ririn with her gun pointed at the cuff. DongWon quickly moved aside. Ririn shot the cuffs and it broke. “Get him and let’s go.” DongWon and Ririn help carry Kai outside. Ririn notice a beam ready to fall and pushes DongWon and Kai. The beam fell hitting her a bit.

“Ririn!” DongWon Yells

“GO!” Ririn yells, “I’ll be fine! I’ll find another way out. You have to get Kai to safety.” DongWon took one last look at Ririn before going with Kai.  Ririn ran to look for a window to jump through or something. It was too high to jump through a window. She went back to where to beam was, but her fear took over her. “Come on Ririn you can do this.” She took a deep breath before trying to jump.

“Ani.” She saw DongWon on the other side, “I’ll help you.” DongWon jump over the beam.

“Why are you back here?”

“To save you.” DongWon took off his blazer and wrap it around her. He picks her up bridal style. He notice the scared look on her face, “If you’re scared close your eyes.” Ririn closes her and as DongWon jumps over the burning beams and ran out of the building.

------

The firefighter, ambulance and police finally arrived after a while. Everyone was taken to the hospital, to get a check up on their lungs and for any other injuries. Kai was still out cold and SeulMi wasn’t talking to anyone. EunMi along with Suho, Xiumin, and Kris arrived.

“SeulMi.” EunMi ran to the waiting room, she notice the small bandage on her neck, “Gweanchah-a?” no answer. She was almost like a zombie, “What is wrong?” She looks at DongWon and Ririn, whjo had her arm wrapped in a bandage. “Why isn’t she talking?”

“She been like that since we got to the hospital.” Said DongWon, “They said she might be in a state of shock. We’ve tried talking to her but she hasn’t said a thing.”

“Gweanchah-a.” SeulMi said softly, making everyone relieved. “I’m going to go home.” She stood up and everyone was kind of anxious. “Just call me if anything happens.” She made no eye contact with anyone and just left.

“Are you sure she is going to be okay alone?” asked Ririn

“I don’t know.” DongWon said

 

SeulMi walked into the parking lot like a zombie, emotionless. As soon as she got into her car she lean back into her chair.

“What am I doing?” She sighs and closes her eyes.

 

Kai was laying in the hospital bed with an oxygen mask on, and an I.V. When he opened his eyes he saw everyone that was in the waiting room standing there.

“Kai.” Said Suho, “Gweachah-a?” Kai only nods. His eyes wonder around the room for SeulMi, but she wasn’t there. EunMi left the room to get a doctor.

“How are you feeling?” asked Xiumin

“Where is SeulMi?” No one answered, “Is she okay?”

“SeulMi left already.” Said DongWon, “Is in perfect condition though, so don’t worry.” Kai was a little disappointed that she didn’t stay to see him wake up.

“I can call her if you like?” asked Ririn. Kai just stared at the window without answering. Everyone looks at each other and agree it was the best to leave him alone.

Ririn and DongWon walks out of the hospital together. Ririn had a bandage around her arm for the burn.

“How are you getting home?” asked DongWon

“Oh, I was planning on taking a taxi home.”

“Can I offer you a ride?”

“Ani, I can just take a taxi.” DongWon grabs her hand,

“You’re in no position to be going alone. You can’t protect yourself with that injury.” DongWon drags her to his car. He opens the car door, “Kaja.” Ririn looks at him before entering his car. He runs around and gets into his car too. They drive off.

DongWon takes a glance once in while at her.

“Mianhae.” Said Ririn

“Bwoh?”

“I’m sorry for not being able to protect SeulMi. I had one job and I failed at it.”

“We all slip up once in a while.” DongWon tries to comfort her, “SeulMi will understand. She may seem like a real tough girl but she actually really nice.”

“DongWon.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you…happen to like her by any chance?”

“No.” he looks at her, “Why?”

“Nothing.”  They stayed quiet for the whole ride there. When they got to the apartments DongWon walks her to her door. “Okay this I where I live.” There was awkwardness between the two. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She opens her door.

“Umm, Ririn.”

“Ne?” Ririn turns back quickly

“Let have lunch together tomorrow.” Ririn was surprise a bit.

“OK.” She smiles, “Good Night, drive home safe.” She closes the door. DongWon stares at the door for a bit before leaving.

------

SeulMi went to work almost like nothing had happen. She walks into her office and put her head down on her desk. June walks in and got a little worried.

“SeulMi.” SeulMi raised her head, “are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” She fixes her hair, “What is it?”

“Umm, Suho is here to see you.”

“Let him in.” June walks to the door and opens it for Suho before leaving.

“SeulMi, why are you back at work?”

“I’m fine.” She takes a quick look at a document before giving Suho her full attention. “Why are you here?”

“To see your condition.” Suho sat down, “Are you not worried about Kai?” SeulMi froze for a bit. “He is worried about you. First person he asked for was you, when he woke up.”

“He should be worried about himself…He is in no position to talk.”

“SeulMi are you really going to stay out of his life like this? He told me that you’ve been avoiding him.”

“I’m just disappearing like he wanted.”

“You know he said that out of anger, right?”

“I do, but whatever I’m doing now is up to me.” She looks at Suho, “Don’t you have somewhere to be oppa? Like meeting a girlfriend or volunteering somewhere.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“I don’t know what I am feeling right now.” She took a huge sigh, “All I know is that I want to be left alone right now. I need to think.”

“Okay then.” He stood up, “Call if you need anything.”

“There is one thing.” Suho waits, “Tell Kris that he can go back to KIM…I know his intention to stay at Sujeong are good but I don’t need him. Tell him thank you too.”

“I will.” Suho leaves.

----

Kai laid in the hospital bed without the mask, no one was around. When he turns to look there were brand new flowers in the vase next to him, along with a note. He pick it up and recognizes the handwriting.

Hope You’re Feeling Better.

Kai held the note closer to his face. Not too far away was a lunch bag. He goes and opens the bag, it was full of his favorite dishes.

“She didn’t even stop to say hi.” He rolls the table over to the bed and ate the food. What he didn’t know was that she was standing outside peeking in through the window.

“At least he is eating.” She turns to leave but EunMi pops out in front of her with ChangMin.

“SeulMi, are you feeling better today?”

“Oh, yeah.” She smiles, “Much better.” ChangMin keep putting his hand out to SeulMi.

“Aju- aju- ma.” He tries to say

“I think he wants you.” SeulMi takes ChangMin from EunMi. “So how are your legs?”

“Still weak but I can manage.”

“That is good.” EunMi smiles, “Have you gone and seen him already?”

“Ne, but he was asleep when I went in so I was going to leave.” The door opens.

“SeulMi.”  She turns around, Kai stood in front of her.

“Kai.”

“Gweanchah-a?”

“I’m okay.” She looks at him, “You should go back in.” SeulMi hands ChangMin to EunMi, “I was just leaving.”

“Kajima.” He grabs a hold of her arm, “Stay with me for a bit.” SeulMi nods.

 

Kai and SeulMi walked out in the garden. It was bright sunny afternoon, ton of kids and people were in the garden.

“SeulMi.”

“Hmm?”

“About what I said at the resort – ”

“Ani.” She cuts him off, “I know you were just mad.”

“And the fire -”

“I know.” There was an awkward silence between the two.

“If you knew I was just mad, why did you take it to heart?”

“Kai…girls take everything to heart…that is why we hurt the most when it comes to words and relationships.” He stops and moves right in front of her. She looks up at him in confusion.

“Sue.” Her heart skipped a beat, “Do you believe we can still be in a relationship?”

“Waeyo?”

“Because…” he pinches his lips together, “I still love you.” There was a silence between them, “You understand me more than anyone else and know me more than myself. You never really get angry with me because you know that I can’t handle it. You know how to cheer me up when I am upset and when to yell at me when I’m not being myself…and I know you still love me even when I told you I don’t love you.”

Preview:

“But are you willing to mend that hole?”

“I’m lucky to have fallen in love with my best friend.”

“Nice guys finish last.”

“I never heard you yell like that before.”

“That is because I never gotten angry with you before.”

“If you weren’t allergic to pollen, what do you think would be your favorite flower?”

 [A/N] Next Chap is the last Chap. Hoped you guys are ready for the end. Let me know how you think it should end.