08

We're Both Assassins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The New Start of A Friendship.

 

ENVOIST HEADQUARTERS

“I can’t believe you brought back a girl instead of a snack. What do you expect when I told you to buy us some snack?.” He scoffed. “Dude, please, I know you’re one dirty minded jerk but this isn’t what I meant when I told you to buy some ‘snacks’.” Jongin nagged while throwing his hands in the air in disbelief.

Sehun didn’t even bother to answer but instead, he just keeps on staring at the girl infront of him with a slight frown. Now that he has bring her back to their headquarters without asking any of the team leader nor the Master for a permission, he needs to make sure that once the girl wakes up, she won’t be spreading the news of their organisations to anyone. Not even her family.

Because if she by chance ‘did’ opens about them, and the Externum happens to heard the news, Ara will strangle him to death.

“—And I don’t care if ‘this’ is what you called a snack because for gods sake, I want a different snac—ouch!” That was when Sehun finally turns to his right to look at Jongin and realized that the guy hasn’t stopped talking. Not when Yunhyeong—who just couldn’t stand hearing his voice—elbowed his sides, causing him to groan in pain.

“What was that for?!” Jongin yelled and once again, Yunhyeong punch his stomach.

“We don’t wanna wake the girl up don’t we? Not when you’re still here because, you know, she might scream in fear if she sees you.” Yunhyeong said again and hold onto Jongin’s arm before he drags him away. Sehun didn’t talk much that night because he’s still worried about what should he do with the girl who’s in deep slumber infront of him.

Deep in his heart, he pitied the girl. So much that he couldn’t think of doing anything bad to her. Like, threatening her to keep shut. While standing beside of her bed with both of his arms folded, he realize that it seems like the girl hasn’t had a good night sleep seeing just how deep she’s sleeping despite the loud voices of Jongin just now.

“Wow! You look so…”

“Don’t say the words. I know what you’re going to say.”

Sehun turns around, while perking up his ears to listen to the people outside of the door.

“What was I’m going to say?” One of the guy replied back.

The other guy scoffed before he said. “Something along the lines of ‘You look so badly injured. I bet you get your beat up’.”

Sehun took a few steps towards the door and close it back once he’s outside. He slowly walks away towards the commotions with a frown on his forehead. It hasn’t been long after Jongin who is talking as loud as ever left that the other people had started to talk so loud outside of the medical room.

It’s not like he’s not used to be hearing people shouting towards each other’s faces in their headquarters, it’s just that this time, he needs to let the girl sleeps some more and he won’t let anyone wakes her up.

Because first, he didn’t know what would he tell her about when she ask her where she is. Second, he didn’t want to think about what will happen if by chance the girl starts to cry hysterically like before.

“This time I wasn’t going to say something negative like that. Trust me. I was just going to say you looked as handsome as before.” The guy retorted back with a shrug and at that time, Sehun finally saw who is the owner of those irritatingly loud voices.

“Byunghun hyung, you’re back.” Sehun said as he walks closer towards the both guy in the hallway. The dark purple haired guy turns around to look at Sehun before a small smile appears at the corner of his lips.

“It’s L.Joe hyung, remember?” Byunghun replied with a tap on his shoulder. Sehun examines the guy infront of him while throwing him a look.

Byunghun notices that he has been staring at him way too long for a guy that he sigh. “I know I looked like a . I just came back from a missions, alright. Don’t get all Yunhyeong-like around me. One is enough.” He said again.

“Just admit it, you looked like a mashed potatoes.” Yunhyeong said and laugh, tapping Byunghun’s head again and again until the latter smack his hands away.

“Shut the up! Now tell me, where’s my personal nurse?” Byunghun said as he looks around to locate the one he’s been searching for.

Sehun rolled his eyes. “She’s not here. And besides, when did she appears to be your personal nurse? I thought Vernon hyung is the one in charge of the medical team.”

“She’s not here?!” He exclaimed, over dramatically that Yunhyeong throws him a look before he walks away. It has been almost a month since Byunghun is back to their headquarters after their Master had assigned him with one of the important missions. And now that he’s back, Yunhyeong feels quite relieved even though they often quarrels everytime they met.

But that doesn’t mean they’re not close.

Sehun sigh again. “Just go and get your treatment from Vernon hyung. Ara won’t be back tonight.”

“But I—“

“—Sehun, Master wants to see you.” Suga approaches the both of them. Sehun feels quite anxious to be honest because it’s a summon without notice but he doesn’t want to show it.

“What for?” Byunghun ask as he tilted his head towards Suga. But the guy just replied with a shrugs. “Just go and get your treatment first.” Sehun said again as he turns around and walk away.

Byunghun scoffs and lock his eyes with Suga’s. Suga gulps awkwardly. And as he is about to leave, Byunghun hold his hand and drags him along. “You’ll have to accompany me while I’m having my treatments.”

 

***

 

FIORE DORM.

“Oh my god. Really?!” Taeyeon exclaimed when Ara told her about their class trip to Jeju Island. Going to Jeju had been her dreams all along and hearing that Ara will be having their class trip to Jeju Island makes her kind of excited. Not to mention that it last for about two weeks. Yoora said that there'll be a nice things for their class to do there but she didn't told her what that is. “Can I go with you? Please? Pretty please? Hmm?” Taeyeon begs Ara with her so called puppy eyes.

Ara giggles while looking at her bestfriend begging her to tag along. “To be honest, if I could, I would bring you guys along with me. But you do know who is my classroom teacher right?” She said while lifting one of her brows up.

“That Yoora . Yeah, we know. She’s one strict as and I could guarantee that if she knows we’re your friends—“

“—Bestfriend.” Taeyeon cut her words midway, earning an eyeroll from Jessica as she continues.

“Okay, if she learns the fact that we’re your ‘bestfriends’, she will make it hard for us to graduate without having to deal with her hatred towards you.” Jessica said again, emphasized the words bestfriend. It’s supposed to be a mock but Taeyeon is just so slow that she didn’t realize it but to just smile towards Jessica.

“That’s what we called a fact.” Ara replied and high-fived Jessica. Totally agreed with what she just said about her classroom teacher.

It all started about  a year ago where everything starts to get ugly for both of Ara and Park Yoora.

“Excuse me,” Ara said as she tried to squeezed herself among the people in their hallway. “I need to walk away.” She said again while holding on a large bucket of dirty water with her. She had just finished her morning duty and now, all she needs to do is to just get to the restroom and throw the water away.

“I’m sorry, please let me through.” Ara pushed a few girls to the side as they were blocking her way. They gave her a look that she translate as ‘What the ?!’ look. She rolled her eyes and continued to walk away. Didn’t bother to throw them a look also.

She’s trying to walk down the stairs when she accidentally tripped on her own two feet. It all happened in a flash, everything is getting out of control and the next thing she realized is that someone is standing infront of her, all drenched from her head to her feet.

Ara’s eyes grew larger than usual and she instinctively cupped in shock. “OH MY GOD!” Was all that came out from as soon as she saw the figure infront of her.

“What  is all this?!” The woman shrieked, causing all of the students to look at them. Not too long after that, they were all laughing  so hard, making her the laughing socks.

“Miss Park, I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to.” Ara said and tried to get back up to her feet. But then again, she steps on the wet floor and stumbles forward. She managed to grab on to Yoora’s skirt before she fell, hoping that she won’t fall. But she’s wrong when Yoora’s skirt’s ripped apart and she fall to the floor.

Yoora’s now drowned in embarrassment. One, she’s being drenched in dirty stinky as hell water. And two, her skirts ripped apart, showing almost all of her thigh. And lastly, she’s being laughed at by the students on her second week as a new teacher at Fiore High.

Her pretty and sweet image is ruined. All at once.

“Oww..” Ara groaned in pain while rubbing her elbow. “Miss Park, I’m sorry.”

“Shut up! Being sorry doesn’t change the fact that you’ve embarrassed me!” Yoora yelled and storms away.

Since that day, Yoora just couldn’t befriended Ara and often labelled her as the trouble maker. Almost all of the people in Fiore High know just how much they despise each other.

Ara hated her because to her, it wasn’t really her fault. Like, people makes mistakes so why would she hated her for what she didn’t meant to do.

And as for Yoora, she just couldn’t forget the day that Ara embarrassed her to death that she just couldn’t forgive her. Even when she knew well that it was just an accident.

“Sica, what’s wrong? You didn’t look that good.” Ara asked when she examined Jessica’s facial expressions. Ara realized that she had been looking outside of the window every now and then. And when she did, her facial expression won’t look that good.

She took a deep breath before she scratch her eyebrows. “I don’t know if I’m just being paranoid or what. But lately, I’ve had this feelings of someone watching over me.” She said with a shrugs.

“Maybe it’s just your imagination?” Taeyeon replied, tapping her chin with her finger. Jessica turns to face Taeyeon.

“I don’t know.” She sighed.

“Since when have you feel like you’re being watched?” Ara asked and put away her luggage after she had completed packing her stuff.

Jessica looks like she’s thinking for a while before she answer. “I’m not that sure but I think it’s around a week ago.” Jessica fiddling with her fingers.

Ara then stands up towards her bed and grabs her phones. “What are you doing? Don’t tell me you’re gonna report it to the police.” Jessica rushed towards Ara. She laugh and shakes her head. “Of course I won’t. I’m texting Jieun, telling her that I’m all set.”

“Ohh..” Both Taeyeon and Jessica nods her head. Ara shifts her gaze towards her phone and starts to text someone.

 

To Mark :

Hey, I need you to check on something. I’m afraid that it might cause us a problem.

 

From Mark :

Check on something? What is it?

 

To Mark :

One of my friends said that she had a feeling like someone had been followin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter