07

We're Both Assassins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His Past.

 

VANUIOST HEADQUARTERS.

“156.. 157.. 158.. 159.. 160..” A boy who is barely even twelve count as he was doing the push up with just one hand. He had been told not to use both hand, not that he could anyway. His left hand is being tied up behind him tightly.

“What’s wrong? You’re not even reaching 200 and yet you’re getting exhausted? What a shame.” A guy in his early thirties said as he sips his coffee. The boy’s hand is trembling hard with every push up that he make and he feel like he’ll going to collapse to the floor.

But he couldn’t afford to stop. Not when his friend’s life is in his hand. “You’re getting slow, Yifan. If you’re not reaching 200 in five more minutes, I’ll have him in the basement.”

Yifan shivers in fear at the thought of the basements. “No, please don’t. I will reach 200. I promise.” He said and starts counting as he muster up his strength to keep on doing the push  up. If he was still the same Yifan from two years ago, they’ll need to force him to train with difficulties. But now that they’ve found his weakness, it’s much more easy.

“197.. 198.. 199.. 200.” He stops counting as he lay flat on the floor while breathing hardly. The guy who is sitting on the couch scoffed. “You’ve reached 200. Good job. But I’ll need to tell you something bad. You’re three seconds late. He’ll be in the basements in a few more minutes.” The guy said and stood up, making his way out from the room.

“No, Master. I beg you!” Yifan said as he rushed to the guy’s side and hold his hand. He didn’t say anything but to just walk away, pulling Yifan with him. He’s shaking the Master’s hand with tears welling in his eyes. It seems that the stress he had been going through had taken it’s toll on him when his eyes darted to the gun on his Master’s waist and steal it in a flash.

“Stop!” He yelled as he point the gun straight towards the guy’s back. “Or I’ll shot you.” He continued in his trembling voice. The Master turns around with a sly smirk on his face.

He scoffed. “Then shot me.” He opens his arms in a mocked expression.

Yifan felt provoked by his words that he pull the trigger twice. He didn’t realize that he’s been closing his eyes. Seconds after the bullets came out from the gun, he slowly opens his eyes. He had expected himself to be welcomed by blood and dead body of his Master but to his surprise, none of the bullets hits him.

The guy smirked again and it sends shivers down Yifan’s spine. The Master walked to him. “You’re not gonna kill anyone if you’ve no idea how to even hits the right spot.” He said and spank his face hard that he’s being send flying backwards. The sounds of people running outside of the hallway is getting more clearer to his hearing.

“Master, are you alright? We heard—“ The big muscled guy ask in his concerned voice but quickly shut his mouth when the Master lift his hand up. “Bring his friend to the basement. We’ll teach him until he couldn’t even think of betraying us.”

“NOOO!!”

Yifan opens his eyes as he shoot up from his bed. Beads of sweat is visible on his forehead as his chest is heaving up and down. “That dreams…” He whispered to himself and rubs his eyes.

“Wait, what?” Those words came out from his  chapped lips when he finally realize that he’s not in his room. He thought that maybe he’s too tired after a missions  that he accidentally slept in someone else bedroom. He turns to his side and was ready to leave when the pain in his whole body betrays him. A low groans leave his mouth.

Then it all came crushing back down to him. Those three hours of ‘treatments’ and pain and blood and he could even recalls himself falling unconscious in the hand of some other guy.

“Hyung! Thank godness that you’re awake.” BamBam literally throws himself toward Yifan and the guy groans in pain. BamBam quickly move away from him when he kind of remembered that Yifan is injured. Awfully injured.

“I’m sorry, hyung. It’s just that I’m worried about you. There’s a lot of cuts on your back, and you’ve been sleeping for the past three days—“

Yifan’s eyes grow larger that if someone were to hit the back of his head, his eyes would literally fall out from it’s socket. “Three days?! How about the scho—“

BamBam waves his hand and shrug. “Hanbin had send a letters to Fiore High, informing that your father is sick back in Canada and you need to go visit him.” BamBam explained. “You won’t be in trouble.” He added when he sees uneasy look on his face.

“I can’t afford to lose grip on this mission, BamBam. And I won’t.” He said weakly, a sigh escaped his lips. For a moment there, the both of them is being engulfed with silence. Neither one of them is saying anything. This is the biggest mission that his Master ever gave to him and if he failed, they’ll take the life of someone dear to him.

But then again, for the past weeks since he’s transferred into Fiore High, he couldn’t really pin point which one is the assassins of Envoist. It’s either he’s bad in telling who she really is or that she’s too good in her undercover.

Then, BamBam sit on the side of the bed, not looking at Yifan. “Hyung… what is ‘treatments’?” He said barely audible but the silence between them makes it easier for Yifan to catch his words.

His face turns cold. “You don’t need to know.”

“But I need to!” BamBam barked. “Hyung.. I need to know. Those scars all over your body is because of the ‘treatments, right?” He said again but in a more soft tones.

Yifan frowned as he ruffles his hair in frustration. “BamBam, do you realize which unit you are in?”

He give Yifan a questioning look. “Information Unit.”

Yifan lift his head and look at him straight in the eyes. “And your job is to find information about other organization and not the hidden things in our organization.”

“But I’m still part of this organization! It doesn’t make any sense if—“ He stopped talking when Yifan hold up his gun and point it straight in his face.

“This is what you’ll face when you try to digs wrong information.” He says in a low voice. He sounds so terrifying. “Know your limit, BamBam.” He toss his gun besides him and pursed his lips in a straight line.

Tears is welling up in BamBam’s eyes as he stood up and walk away.

 

***

 

FIORE HIGH.

“Stop following me around? What are we? A friends?” Ara snickered as she turns around and cross her arms above her chest. The guy behind her stops abruptly when she suddenly turns around. The tip their nose almost touch each other as he backed away. He furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.

“Of course not! You’re just my compass.” He said and shrugged nonchalantly. “I thought you hate it when Yoora screams in your face.” He said again.

“Of course I did!” She barked back. “But that’s not an excuse for you to follow me around.” She snickered as she shove Baekhyun’s chest hard that the guy stumbles backwards a few feet. “You’re making me sick.” She rolled her eyes and sigh.

He touched the spot where she touches and dramatically gapes at her. “I never gave you any permission to touch me.”

“Neither do I give you any permission to follow me around.” She scoffed and turns around before she bow her head politely towards the security guard of Fiore High with a meek smile. The students who is walking into Fiore High looked at them questioningly as they shout at each other faces.

“Wait up!” Baekhyun yelled and tug on her ponytail. Ara screech in pain as she hold onto her hair. “What the heck?!” She growled and kick him straight at his knee.

“Damn, they’re always vicious towards each other.” The security guard mumbles as he shakes his head with a small smile across his face.

Ara is literally shoving her backpacks on Baekhyun’s face without any mercy. Baekhyun on the other hand is stomping his foot down on her’s.  “You !” Ara screams in his ears, wishing that he’ll turn deaf.

But just then, the loud sounds of the bell rings through their ears. Both of them stops moving as they stare into each other’s face.

“!” They muttered in unison. That is when they realize it’s just the two of them who’s still standing infront of Fiore High’s gate. As fast as a lightning, they both shove each others away and quickly run to get to their class before their homeroom teacher did.

Baekhyun followed her from behind closely and when they’ve arrived, she push the sliding door of their class too harsh more than she actually meant. The loud bangs of the door surprised all of their classmate. They all gave her a look that actually reads WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS .

Baekhyun stops infront of the classroom a bit late than her. “Jung Ara,” The lady in pink who is standing infront of the classroom said before she dart her eyes towards the guy behind her who is still catching his breath. “Oh, so you did bring him along with you this time? That actually save up my time to nag at you. But I see that y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter