06

We're Both Assassins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Different Personality.

 

ENVOIST HEADQUARTERS.

Thank goodness that today is Saturday. Well, at least she could stay longer at the headquarters to complete her task.

After taking a shower and dressing up, she walks towards Mark and Suga’s room to see whether they’ve gotten a lot better than the night before. She turns the door knob before she slowly push the door open and peek her head to see the both of them.

Suga is still sleeping, probably because of the pils that they gave him last night. Mark, on the other hand, isn’t there in the room. She furrows her eyebrows but walks in anyway. Standing beside Suga’s bed, a wave of guilt washed through her whole body because for the sake of her fellow comrades, he looked…. awful.

I couldn’t protect him. She thought.

His right eyes is swollen with a purple marks around it. The cuts and the dried blood on the corner his lips is still there. Not to mention that he looked much more pale than before. If she’s going to lift his shirts up, she could guaranteed herself that there will be more bruises and cuts. And so, she didn’t even had the heart to see what’s beneath his shirt.

“Ara…”

Hearing her name being called, she turns around. It was Jongin. “I don’t know why but the Tracker team wants to see you. Urgent. We need to get to their buildings now.” He said. She nods her head, signalling that she understand and walk away with Jongin.

“I’m here.” She said and all of the tracker team greets her simultaneously. It might not be official but the whole member in Envoist tend to treat every leader of the separate team with respect, just as if they were their second master.

Her eyes move to a certain guy who was sitting down infront of a computer. “Mark? Why are you here? Aren’t you suppose to get more rest?” She said while folding her arms disapprovingly. Mark smile sheepishly. “I kind of need to get something done.” He replied.

“As a rookie, I totally in love with his intelligence. You see, he even managed to drop some of our tracking device into the enemy’s pocket. I didn’t know when he did it but he’s so cool. And now, all we need to do is to track his location.” Sehun said as the leader of the team.

Ara was so impressed that she nodded her head and walk towards the big screen monitor. “What colour is it?” She asked while looking at the colourful blinking dots on the monitor that displayed every whereabouts of their target. The left side of the room is the monitor for their target and the right side displayed their comrade’s whereabouts, just in case things went wrong.

“The silver one.” Mark replied. But she didn’t seem to catch a glimps of a silver dot on the monitor. She furrowed her brows while folding her arms above her chest. “Mark hasn’t activate the device yet.” Sehun answered as if he could read her mind. Nodding her head, she wait patiently.

About three minutes later, a single silver dot appears on the monitor. It seems that the device that Mark had left behind is working properly. They’ll just need to detect where it is.

“Ara! There you are. I’ve been searching for you like, forever.” A guy said as he leaned against the big door of the Tracker Building, trying to catch his breath. “I just got a message from Minho. He said that the security cameras all over the hall was being hacked. But it’s not his doing. Not even our doings. So he said that maybe, the Vanuiost people is much more faster than them. Oh and he also said not to worry about the Externum. They wouldn’t be able to detect us because, the entire building was crushed down by some explosion. So, no worries.” Yunhyeong said while shrugging.

“Alright, got it. Now go back to your own team.” Jongin said and push the other guy out of the building. “But I just got here!” He whines.

“At least let me catch some breath!” He said again and move away from Jongin’s hold. Yunhyeong is pouting like a little child as he looked at Jongin. “You know how far my building is from here don’t you.” Jongin lift one of his brows up in annoyance. “Just let me take a res—“

“Do it outside.” Jongin cut his words midway as he push the other guy out from the building and shut the door. He also didn’t forget to lock it. All of them could hear Yunhyeong’s nags from the other side of the room.

Out of all thing that he’s yelling about, this one sentence makes all of them laugh at the same time. And that is ; “Your ing tanned smells like !”

Jongin rolled his eyes. “I wonder when did he smelt my .”

“It seems that our device couldn’t really locate the Vanuiost Headquarters. Something else is blocking the signal of the device.” Sehun said when he notice the silver dots keep on disappearing and reappear at a different place. “There’s a very strong security around the whole building. I guess they’ve prepared for something like a tracking device.” He said again.

“This is bull. I should’ve known better.” Mark said as he ruffles his hair. “This is useless.”

Sehun taps his shoulder in assurance. “But at least you’ve tried.”

Ara sigh as the fury starts to build up in her. “Tell me when you get another info. No matter what, I’ll get them to pay for the price of hurting our comrades.”

 

***

 

To Taeyeon :

I’ll head to school on my own today. Meet you at school, TaeTae.

 

From Taeyeon :

Oh really? Be careful alright. Meet you at school.

 

To Taeyeon :

Alright, miss.

 

She slide her cellphone back into the pocket on her left chest before she continues walking down the streets. She had rejected Jongin’s kind offer to sent her to school because, well, you know why. And to add into her reasons for rejecting Jongin, she just feel like to have a walk, breathing in fresh air.

The school isn’t that far away now that she had walked for a few minutes. She didn’t really show it but she could tell that she is being followed. Every steps that she took, the distance between her and the person behind her keeps on decreasing. Like, they wanted to get to her as soon as possible.

She didn’t reject the possibility that it might be someone dangerous. But there’s nothing for her to be afraid of because she’s an armed person. Just lift her skirts and you’ll see. And when she is about to turn around the corner, someone stops her steps midway. Her path is being blocked by some bunch of peasants. They were so disgusting to her. There is about five of them, cornered her against the wall.

Ara sigh. So they’re the one who had been following her y .

“Wanna hang out with us, y? Told ya her is y." One of the disgusting human being, who had nothing else to do before they die because for god sake they had been doing s here and there but didn’t really try to get themselves a job to pay for their life, said to her while lifting one of his eyebrows up.

She didn’t really pay attention towards them as she push pass the blonde guy. She walks away from them but didn’t really manage to get far enough when she was being pull from behind.

“Let go.” She said coldly. Turning around, she showed them no expression as she slaps the hand away from keep on grabbing onto her wrist. The guys jeer, creating a sound like a erted . They laugh infront of her as if she was making some funny gigs for them to laugh for.

“Laugh all your worthless life. But don’t bother me.” She said again, before she turns around on her heels. Little did she know that her words provoked the gang because she was being shoved against the wall behind her, roughly. She winced in pain when the back of her head hit the wall hard.

“I wonder who taught you that nasty words, but to said something as harsh as those towards someone who is older than you is quite rude.”

“So, you do know what rude is I assume? Tell me, who is the one that is being rude here? Is it me or the rest of you s?” She cursed under her breath. Fury evident in her eyes. For someone as clueless as these people, they wouldn’t even realize how they started to get into her nerves.

“I think you will need an extra class for your languages because it’s .” The guy with an earrings said to her, blowing the smoke from his cigarette onto her face. Now that’s it, she already had enough with their rudeness.

*Whipping their smelly asses would be nice.* She thought to herself. She was ready to pull out her Neuronic Whip the second they thought of touching her.

“That’s it. Let her go or you’ll dead.” The five ing peasant infront of her turns around to face the owner of the voice. And to their surprise, it’s just a 17 old boy in the same uniform as Ara. They all burst out laughing and Ara scoffed in annoyance.

She push one of the guy infront of her to see who is their laughing stock. Her jaws drop literally down the floor. “Byun Baek! What are you doing here? Don’t act like a hero over here and just go straight to school. Duhh.” She rolled her eyes in disbelief.

“But you’re being surrounded! I can’t just leave you here with those scary looking ahjusshi!” He said again while pointing his finger towards the five of them.

“What did you just say?! This stupid brat—“

“Shut up old man. He’s not talking to you.” Ara said as she hold up her hand infront of his face. “And what can you do, to save my ? The last time I checked, you didn’t even know which one is your real class.” She said and raise her eyebrows up while flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

“I can just kick their and tell them to leave you alone.”

“Oh I wouldn’t buy that, Byun Baek.”

“I won’t force you.”

“Then go away.”

“Really, Ara? Is this how you treat someone who is willing to save your sorry ?”

“Not really. Actually, I treat only you like this.”

“Why did you hate me that much?” He ask with a disapproving look.

“That’s because you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter