05

We're Both Assassins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Battle Between Two Rival.

 

SEOUL HIGH HALL.

“Now, we’ll officially starts the dance bat—“

“What the ? Are they seriously going to switch the light on and off the entire events like, I know they’re a rich bunch of s and if the lights happened to be broken then—“ Jongin’s words being cutted off when Ara forcefully place her palm onto his mouth to keep him quiet. It was dark but she could sense that he was giving her ‘what the hell’ look.

“Shut up.” She whispered as she closed her eyes and tried her best to use her sense of hearing. Jongin might be good at fighting but he’s such a clueless at times.

“It’s not their doing.” Ara suddenly said but before Jongin could voice up his curiousity, she quickly add, “It’s not just the light. The entire electricity in this hall was switched off.”

“So, are you saying that—“

“Yes. And we need to look for Seulgi.” She cutted his words midway right after he manages to pulled her hands away from his mouth. It’s not that long after the both of them started to walk away from their spot that a sudden loud crashing sounds could be heard followed by people’s panicked scream.

“Mark? Suga? Are you guys there?” She called for her other comrades through her earpiece while she pushed through the other guest. The people were running and pushing around in the dark which had separated Jongin from her but she had no time to be worried about him because for god sake, she needs to locate where her master’s daughter is.

“Noona, I’m on my way to get the electricity back on.” Mark replied and she could tell that he was running through his voice.

Thank goodness that he was one of the member from the tracker unit. Eventhough that he was still new in this field, that doesn’t mean he didn’t know the important of his job.  The tracker unit focused on remembering the building’s important part. Like, their exits, control rooms, and more according to the place itself.

He had been investigating the entire building from when he first stepped his foot into this hall. Now that he knew where the control room is, he need to be quick before anything unwanted occurs.

“Suga? Are you there? Can you lis—“ It happened way to fast but the darkness of the hall didn’t seems to bother her when she instinctively dodge the bullets that was being aimed towards her. Her sense of hearing is too great for the enemy to sneak an attack on her while it’s dark.

“Suga!” She yelled again to her earpiece but seconds later, the electricity is back on.

“Noona, I found Suga’s earpiece near the control room. But he wasn’t there.” Mark informed her about the sudden disappearance of her comrades. With the light is back on, the guest didn’t waste their time and hurriedly ran outside to save their lives. She turned towards her left side and frowned.

So, it came from the chandelier. She whispered quietly after her eyes landed on a big chandelier that was now in pieces.

“He’s useless I may say,” A deep voice of a guy caught her attention as she looked up, towards the hallway of the second floor from where the voice came from. Her eyes grow bigger as her heart beats loudly against her ribcages. In the guy’s hand, she could clearly see that there was a badly injured Suga.

“You son of a ! Return my comrade and I’ll spare your worthless life.” She yelled angrily. But then, she heard a tapping sound of someone running behind her and instinctively pull out her Phantom (name of her gun) from under her dress and was about to shoot when the said person hold onto the front of her gun and point it downwards.

“It’s me—“ Was all he manage to say when he push Ara away before the both of them met the hard tiles.

“Giving your back towards an enemy is a big mistakes. Are you really a member of Envoist? You see, I can’t believe that this weak guy is one of your comra—“ He stop talking and quickly duck while turning around and tried to aim at his attacker’s legs but failed when the said person avoid his attack using the martial arts tricks by flipping backwards and lands safely on the ground.

“I see. So, you did actually brought all of your members on a small missions like this.” The taller guy snickered.

“Where is Seulgi?” Ara whispered as she gets into defence mode. Her grips on her Phantom tightened when their enemy turn his head to face Suga who is breathing heavily on the floor near his feet.

“She’s outside. She ran outside with her friends.” Jongin replied as he protectively stand behind her. They didn’t need to ask which group he came from. They just know that he was Vanuiost people, by nature.

“I guess Envoist did send out some bunch of loser—“

“Shut the up!!” Ara screamed as she grab the sides of her dress and pull it hard, tearing her glittery golden dress apart and tossed it aside. Under her dress, she had prepared herself for a combat, knowing that there might be someone sent by Vanuiost.

She was wearing a black sleeveless shirts and a black shorts. And on her right thigh, there was her Phantom holder. Her left thigh, there’s three Leatherneck (type of a short knife) hanging on it’s holder. There’s also a Neuronic Whip hanging at the side of her waist by her belt. It is quite dangerous for her to be using that kind of clothes because she had no protection at all. But, she did wear a black long boots up till her knees. That is what will happen when it was Jongin who was asked to pick a clothes for her.

Ara didn’t mind because to her, this kind of clothes is comfortable enough for her. She already had enough of his ty talk on their organisation. And in the blink of an eye, she pull the trigger and point it towards the enemy three times.

Mark, on the other hands, avoided her bullets and quickly drag Suga away from the guy as he lift him up, placing Suga’s arm on his shoulder and ran downstairs. But then, the both of them fall down the stairs when Mark’s thigh was being shot twice.

It seems that Ara’s bullets missed it’s target since their enemy is still standing, unharm.

“Weaklings like you guys, deserve to die. Even if you live, you’ll only bring bad luck.” The guy continued to mocked them while avoiding Ara’s continuous attack. Jongin rush to get Mark and Suga, shielding them from any attack from the guy.

“Code red! I repeat! Code red!” Jongin yelled towards his small microphone which was being connected to their organisation headquarters. He was getting furious by seconds because for the sake of their comrades, Ara keep on making mistakes.

But just then, Ara pull out one of her Leatherneck and throw across the room. The taller guy didn’t see it coming and he barely even manage to avoid the sharp weapons that it cuts the left side of his calf, making him stumbles and falls down the first floor when he lose the grip of the fences on the second floor.

Seeing her chances, Ara rush to the guy and try to kick him across his stomach. But, the guy is fast enough to grab her on her ankles and as fast as a lightning, Ara pull her legs away and flip backwards before she lay flat on the ground when the guy fired, aiming straight on her forehead.

Jongin on the other side can’t believe that they’re both neck and neck while fighting. That’s because, the last time he checked, there hasn’t been anyone who manage to fight her back. Fixing the mask on her face, Ara quickly get back on her two feet at the same time with the guy. They were both breathing hard with fury evident in their eyes.

Without waiting for another seconds to pass, Ara lift her Phantom up and aim it towards the guy. He didn’t seem to move from his spot but to just look straight into her eyes. She was ready to shot the guy when the main door of the hall is being push hard from the other side, making all of them startled.

Ara turns her head towards the door and her eyes caught Sehun’s anxious face. The guy infront of Ara took out something from his side pocket before he throw it towards her when he realize that she had lose her focus.

“Ara! Duck!” Sehun yelled as he rush to her. But it was kind of useless when the sharp metal cuts her right shoulder. She winced and pull the trigger but there’s no more bullets left in Phantom. And the guy manage to disappear from their sight just in time.  She clenched her teeth in frustration as she tightened her grips on Phantom.

He’s the first one to escape.

Her very first victim to escape.

Sehun crouch down and pick up a metal card with Ara’s blood stains at the edge of it. There are five card, just like the one in Sehun’s hand. Their emergency team successfully brings both Mark and Suga into their van, along with Jongin.

“Ara, come. We need to go before the cops come.” Sehun said when he realize that she didn’t even move from her spot.

“Let’s get you treated.” He said again as he took off his jacket before he place the jacket on  her shoulder.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter