03

We're Both Assassins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Precious Comrade.

 

ENVOIST HEADQUARTERS.


"But master..." Jongin whispered slowly as he took a few steps forward. The said master then turn around to face the latter with a small smile plastered on his face, knowing just how much the boy infront of him care about his foster child. "You’re allowed to go with her, Jongin. But, never  in when she is able to handle it perfectly on her own, alright?" The master said and patted his shoulder gently.

Jongin still hesitated a bit but when the master nodded his head again, as if telling him that it's really fine if he wanted to go. And so, he bowed down his head before he rush outside of the buildings to go and help Ara, just in case that she might lose to her own emotion and start to act in rush.

"Sehun." 

The master called for Sehun who was also feeling slightly worried even though that both of their comrades who was going for the battle were the best assassins in their organisation. Sehun snapped back into reality when he heard his name being called and he quickly walk to his side. "Yes, master?" He asked politely, looking at the master with curiosity.

"You'll be in charge today." The master said and gave Sehun a light punch on his chest.

Sehun's eyes grew wider as his jaws dropped open in disbelief. Like seriously, how can he, who's not that good in communicating with people be in charge of teaching those newbies, it's not that he can't be friendly with people, it's just that he lacks of patience, because when they couldn't catch up with what he was teaching them, he'd get mad and throw punches and hit and kick much more at them randomly.

If he had remembered it very well, the last time that he checked, he almost killed one of his juniors because he had accidentally cut his face using a short knife. And the said junior was Taehyung himself. Since the day after Ara smacked some sense into his head, he had been trying his best to get along with Taehyung.

And just a few hour ago, they were talking with each other through their cellphone right before he heard a crashing sound, followed by Taehyung’s fearful scream. He could sense that Taehyung was in danger and as fast as a lightning, he went into the trackers private building and try to locate where Taehyung was.

He watched the monitor with thumping heart before he zoomed in the blue blinking dot owned by Taehyung on the monitor. When he finally able to locate his whereabouts, he send out a few people from Jongin’s team to go and get Taehyung.

Minutes passed by as he walk back and forth. He just couldn’t bring himself to tell Ara about it beforehand because he knew she’ll gone berserk. As his heart is beating crazily like it would break his ribcages in the process, just then, his cellphone rang.

“Sunbae, Taehyung is dead.”

"But master, what if i--"

"--Shh. You're not going to hurt this fellas this time. Not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I know you could handle it well this time. Or do you wish to be taught by Ara on how to take those fellas easy, once again?" 

"No, no, no. No thanks, really." Sehun said as fast as lightning as a sigh escaped his lips, the master smiled a bit without Sehun even noticing. "Alright then. I'll train them." He said slowly, almost whispering as he hated to admit his defeat in the matter of him being the one to teach those two.

Suga just blinked in confusion as Mark stayed quiet as he watched the pair conversing. He didn't even think that their master would be this funny and playful because for gods sake, he's the master of the fearful group. The master of Envoist, in which half of their comrades were the most frightening assassins. 

"Okay then. I'll get going now.” Both Suga and Mark watch as the old man disappear from their sight. The whole hallway becomes so quiet that they could even hear their own heartbeat. Mark lower his head and accidentally caught how Sehun curl his hands into a fist tightly that even his knuckles turned white.

“Combat on point. Give  your all.” Sehun utters slowly and walk into the training room while he slowly lift his hand and touch the right side of his face, where the scar from his previous training sessions had left. The scar that Taehyung had left behind, accidentally. He close his eyes and inhale deeply.

*If I had trained him better, he’ll be able to defend himself. I’m so useless.*

He thought to himself. But then, he suddenly remembered something. At the moment right before their phone call were cutted off, Taehyung had said something that sounded important but Sehun couldn’t really point his finger on it. He just couldn’t bring himself to remember correctly what was it that Taehyung told him.

 

***

ENVOIST HEADQUARTERS.

 

Ara pushed the main door of the buildings entrance as hard as her hand could and let it slam back into the hard wall behind it. She didn't give a single if she break the door in process. She ran as fast as she could because she didn't want to waste any more time and all that she was thinking of now was to kill Taehyung's killer,who was her favourite junior.

She had known Taehyung for three years already and the both of them had been so fond of each other. They shared close relationship that resembled that of siblings. It had been years since they first met.

Flashback:

​I​t was on a rainy day when Ara had met him, who was crying alone sorrowfully at one of the graves near Ara's mother's. 

He was crying like there is no tomorrow in the rain, hitting himself, pulling his hair roughly like he was trying to pull it out from it's roots. Ara squinted her eyes as the rain had blurred her vision towards the crying little boy. She frowned slightly when she saw how hard he was pulling on his dirty blond hair. Taehyung had just gotten into his freshman year at that time when his mother was being killed without mercy. And what made Ara throw herself at the boy was when she saw the sharp knife that he held tightly in his right hand as he tried to press it against his wrist. But Ara wouldn't let him do that. Not that time, not ever.

She held the crying boy tight in her embrace as he was struggling to be free but Ara wouldn't let him go. Jongin who was also there with Ara quickly took the knife out of Taehyung's grip and threw it far from the little boy. And Ara could remember it like at the back of her hand when Taehyung finally broke down and had gave up trying to push her away.

It was later that night when Taehyung had been brought back to where Envoist  main building was that she had let him stay in her room because Taehyung was too scared of her frightening looking comrades. They were all staring and watching him intensely that he cowered behind Ara.

'Mind if I ask you something?' That was the first thing Ara had asked when he had settled down on her bed, while Ara wraped his body with her thick blanket, trying to make him feel more warm. He had ask Sehun to bring some of his warm clothes for Taehyung so that he wouldn’t catch a cold.

But, Taehyung didn't answer her back as soon as she dropped the question and just stayed silent. Ara sighed and walk infront of him, standing right before him and gently placed her hand on his shoulder. 'Hey... look at me...' She said slowly and touched both of his cold cheeks and lift his face slightly so that he’ll look at her.

'Tell me. I know you need someone to listen to you. I know that i barely even know who you are but please do believe in me because i'll lend my ears to hear whatever you have to say. Anytime you want.' Ara whispered soothingly while looking straight into his eyes. And with that, another drop of tears falls down from his eyes to his pale and slightly pink cheeks.

He bit his lower lips with Ara still stared right into his eyes, trying to find something. But all that she could see in his eyes were despair, sad, loneliness, angry, and all sorts of bad emotions. Ara sighed quietly as she bent down and hugged him, placing her chin right on top of his head before she tightened her embrace around his body. 'I love my mom.' He whispered slowly, his voice sounded so hoarse, so broken in her ears as she patted his back slowly and gently with care.

By hearing the words ‘mom’, she felt as if the pain from her past came creeping right back up inside her body. And even though that Ara had just met him a few hours ago, that didn't even make her think that he was just a stranger. Because there's something about the boy that made her feel like it was her duty to protect him and care for him like a little brother.

Yes, he indeed was her younger brother with an of only a years. 'I don't really know who... but they came into our house... and killed my mom.' He said barely audibly because he was crying sorrowfully in Ara's arms. Hearing that his mother was killed, Ara bit down on her lower lips as she hugged him even tighter. And at that time, she could feel the boy slowly trail his hands upwards and grip her sleeves.

'I love my mom...'

After all of those crying fits, Taehyung had fallen asleep in her embrace. Ara gently placed his head on her pillow and pulled the blankets up to his chin. He hasn’t change into warm clothes but she couldn’t bring herself to wake him up so she just simply increase the volume of the heater inside her room for him to keep warm.

Ara carefully stepped out from the room so that the boy wouldn't wake up. She walk away to go and met Jongin who she had asked to search through the boy's background. And what shocked her the most was that it wasn't just about his mother being killed. But Taehyung also witnessed the scene where her mother was being mercilessly by five guys while he was being tied on a chair near the bed where he could see clearly how roughly his mother was being shoved onto the head of the bed.

By the members of Vanuiost.

It was Vanuiost.

Yes. The same group that had killed her mother.

***

As Ara run towards Jongin's car, suddenly the dead body of a guy is being thrown out of nowhere infront of Ara. She yelped in surprise as she take a few steps backwards. Her eyes grew larger as she took out her blue Sig Sauer (a gun) from her pocket that she named Phantom as a reminder of the many lives she killed and aimed it towards the guy who was wearing all black a few steps infront of her.

It was clear that he was the one that killed the guy and had thrown him infront of Ara. But unfortunately, Ara couldn't see his face as he was covering his face with a mask that she could only see his nose until his chin.

It’s clear that he wasn’t a member of Envoist and the rules of their organization is to execute any intruders. Ara tightens her grip on her Phantom as she throw the guy infront of her a hateful look. "Who the hell are you?! And what are you doing here?!" Ara yelled furiously as she was still in defence mode, just in case that the guy might attack her without warning.

Jongin ran even faster when he heard Ara's voice who was shouting loudly in anger. He pushed the door open with so much force that it hit the wall behind the door so hard that it left a mark on the wall with a small crack on the mirror on the door. "Ara!!" He shouted while looking everywhere to locate where the girl was at that time.

"Answer me!! What the hell are you doing here in my place?!" She yelled again and bit on her lower lips, trying hard not to pull the trigger and shot hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter