Screw it.

Broken Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(T.O.P P.O.V)

 

I ran around attempting to locate my manager. It was like I became an Olympic steeplechaser, dodging and frantically running.

 

By bumping into him, I managed to find him. “Hyung, please excuse me.” I said to him quickly before sprinting off without an explanation.

 

“BWO? YAH! CHOI SEUNGHYUN!!”

 

As I ran through the labyrinth of corridors, all I could hear was his desperate attempts to catch up.

 

“T.O.P!”

“T.O.P OF BIGBANG!”

 

Trying to take care to not bump into people, or walls for that matter, I shouted out apologies, before arriving outside. I stopped for a second’s breath before finding and then jumping into the van that was waiting for me.

“Let’s go as quick as we can!” I ordered the driver.

 

He stayed quiet already knowing his duty. To drive. He didn’t need to say anything to me. Eyes on the road. Hands on the steering wheel. Feet on the pedals. AND JUST DRIVE.

 

My fingers trembled like an earthquake. It made it difficult to get my phone from my pocket and unlock it. I looked at my phone screen, calculating the time, I had already taken 3 minutes just to get to this.

 

Was that too much? Was it, just right? Am I panicking too much? Is this a rational response? Was it ok to just leave my manager liked that? I overthought.

 

The van finally pulled out of the parking lot and into the everyday Seoul traffic. Of course, it was evening time, it’s the rush hour for people to get home after work. Which meant that the streets were filled with queuing vehicles that moved VERY slowly. Too slowly.

 

Great. Just great.

 

And if I got out and ran instead of driving? Would that be quicker? It would be like filming an action scene, right?

 

I did undergo heavy training recently to play Vik… We shouldn’t let that go to waste.

 

“Screw it.”

 

I grabbed hold of the door handle and opened the door.

 

“YAH!?”, yelled the driver as he looked back to see me leave.

 

I jumped out of the vehicle, slammed the door shut and started sprinting away.

 

My whole body was shaking with nerves. Was this an over exaggeration? Screw it. This is an amazing moment.

 

The time had come.

 

It was actually happening.

 

As soon as Chaerin called me, I just knew.

 

After what seemed like hours of twists and turns at a high speed, I got to where I needed to be, panting away like a dog, I pawed at the door.

 

My breath was struggling to come back to me as I waited for an answer. I hesitantly knocked again, my fist pounding against the door. There, Chaerin opened the door for me to reveal a chaotic scene, which I couldn’t even begin to comprehend.

 

A girl was jogging around with some things in her arm to the bedroom, another woman was carrying a bowl quickly to the bathroom. Each person behind Chaerin seemed to be calling out some order.

 

“Ahh, you’re here!” She smiled, taking a breath. She grabbed my wrist and quickly pulled me in to the home. “I’m glad you’re here! But stay here, I don’t know if she’d want you to see her like this…” She admitted, looking back to the bedroom.

“Just, let her know I’m here. I’m going to help myself to some water and sit down.” I told Chaerin who nodded and went into the bedroom.

 

I took a deep breath and went to get myself a bottle of water from the fridge. As I unscrewed the lid, Bom came out of the bedroom. “Ahh Sunbae!” She greeted me.

I nodded at her and took a drink of water. “Where did you get the water bottle from?” She asked me.

“Door of the fridge.” I replied taking another sip before putting the bottle onto the counter in front of me. I sighed.

“You excited?” Bom asked, appearing in front of me with numerous bottles in her hand.

“I guess, I just can’t really believe it.” I admitted.

 

Bom laughed and reached out to put a comforting hand on my shoulder. She smiled at me, “Do you know if there are any straws?” She asked me as she looked around the kitchen.

“I’ll get you them.” I smiled at her, I turned around and reached into the left cupboard where glasses were kept.

I found the box of straws and gave a handful to Bom. “Kamsahmida! If you’ll excuse me!” She announced before going into the bedroom.

 

Wow.

 

In that bedroom, Dara is giving birth to our child.

 

When I go into that room, I’ll be a father.

 

I’ll be a father to Dara’s baby.

 

Dara will be the mother of my baby.

 

Dara and I will be parents.

 

We’re going to be parents within a matter of hours.

 

It seemed as if I withdrew myself from the situation. Like in those movie scenes when the background is muted.

 

I flopped onto the sofa as reality hit me. I got here in time to be there for my baby’s birth. MY baby. Nobody else’s, but mine and Dara’s. Especially after she thought about not having it, what a little pabo, my girl was scared. I couldn’t help but admit to myself, I was scared.

 

Would this baby mean we’d live a double life? All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter