To Trust, or Not To Trust?

To Be A Badass

Chapter 9: To Trust, or Not To Trust?

znQZ_TnsDUWjsohwD-Hob1s89cvkCY2y2znphX11

 

“Tsk, lies.” Jackson rolled his eyes….If he increases one more bar in my anger meter, it will definitely explode.

 

-------

 

This beautiful season of fall is finally starting to show.

 

It’s that time of the year again. I breathed in the air. Crisp leaves danced with the wind. The clouds puffed like cotton candy and silently hauled along the sky. I took a minute to appreciate the weather before heading my way towards my worst enemy. School.

 

The whole morning of classes was a drag. I was looking forward to lunch time since I didn’t eat breakfast. I grabbed my lunch and sat by myself.

Yes! I actually have spare change! Woohoo!

Feeling giddy inside, I inserted the coins and got a raspberry tea. My favorite.  

“Ahh, I see you’re dressed up for Halloween.” Jackson joked around. As soon as he turned away, I stood up and quickly grasped his sleeve.

“Apologize.” I couldn’t control my anger.

“For what?” he threw his disrespectful manner against me. I could feel myself getting nervous. “Nevermind!” I scoffed at his arrogance while making my way to sit on a bench.

 

Jackson’s POV:

She really is some kind of girl...what a way to disrespect me like that.

“Hey!” Mark waved his arms rapidly so that I could see him.

“Sup.” I sat next to him.

“So you know that girl-”

“Just STOP!” I yelled at him. The whole crowd in the cafeteria looked at me. I even caught Rae Mi’s attention.

I saw a cup of jello on Mark’s table. “NO MARK! I DO NOT WANT YOUR JELLO!” I yelled with the same tone as I did before. Mark’s face expressed so much confusion, but began smiling. He didn’t say anything and continued eating his jello. I just sat down and played it off cool.

 

Rae Mi’s POV:

“JUST STOP!” a harsh voice echoed through the school lunchroom. I turned to see Jackson yelling at Mark. Poor Mark. I went back to focusing on my delicious raspberry tea.

“NO MARK! I DO NOT WANT YOUR JELLO!” Jackson shouted. Suddenly, I couldn’t control my laughter. What the heck is his problem? He definitely has issues.

 

-------

 

As I walked out of my last class of the day, I made my way out the front gates. I stretched and let all of my breath out. As soon as I got home, I saw Taecyeon and Mi Young in the kitchen making some ramen. They’re so adorable together. As soon as I went to my room, I completely knocked out.

 

When I woke up, I found out that no one was home. I rushed to the kitchen, hoping there was some food because I was starving.  Unexpectedly, the door swung open, producing a loud *BOOM* against the wall. I paused, too shocked to move.

 

“Bambam?” I looked at his face, full of seriousness. This didn’t seem like the Bambam I knew.

“Come on.” he motioned his head towards the door. “No one’s home right? We need to get out of here, fast.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Just follow me.”

“What are you doing!? Are you crazy?” I shrieked. My heart was pounding. Now I’m not even sure if I could trust the guy.

“Listen, we’re here for your safety. I’ll explain later.” Bambam said. “ You’re riding with him.” He pointed to a guy with a bandana on.

“Get on,” the guy’s voice was muffled because of his helmet. I cocked my head to one side, trying to figure out who this person is.

“It’s me,” Jackson took off his helmet. “Now get on!”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“I’ll explain everything to you.” he assured me. His tone was sincere, and husky. I almost spaced out into his eyes.

I put on the helmet he gave me, sat behind him as far as I possibly can without being close to the edge, and crossed my arms.

“Are you serious? You’re gonna act like that till the end?” he looked at me with those eyes. He grabbed my arms and wrapped them around his waist. “Put your head on my shoulder.”

I did as I was told, but I couldn’t help think about how weird this situation was. Bambam was never this serious, so something must be going on. Jackson is nice for some reason.

Well, they did say that they’ll tell me what’s happening. And they also said it was for my safety.

 

Chansung’s POV:

The guys and I are trying to make our way home, when all of a sudden, Nichkhun got a call from a private number.

“What do you want?” Nichkhun answered with an annoyed tone. I stopped the car, and we all listened to what the person had to say. Nichkhun shouted at the phone. “DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH A HAIR ON HER HEAD!” He instantly ended the call and rapidly texted someone. Then after getting hesitant, he decided to call.

 

“Wild J?” Nichkhun’s leg was shaking.

“What’s up?” a deep voice sounded at the other end.

“You know what to do, right?”

“Gotcha.”

 

I started the car engine and rushed our way home. I just hope Wooyoung, Taecyeon, or at least Mi Young is home with Rae Mi. Once we got there, Junsu pointed at Rae Mi who was getting out of the apartment with a stranger.

“Who’s with her?” I asked Nichkhun. “WHO THE HELL IS WITH HER?” I counted 7 men on motorcycles. Rae Mi got onto a motorcycle with someone familiar. At least he seems like someone I knew. The guys and I were frantically panicking until Nichkhun muttered under his breath, “It’s him.”

“Are you insane!?” I yelled. “Wooyoung will FREAK if he finds out!!! Do you even trust that guy?”

“I’m sure he’ll do the right thing...”

I watched them leave, and felt uneasy. I hope Rae Mi will be alright.