Beach + Nightclub

To Be A Badass

Chapter 5: Beach + Nightclub

When Mi Young parked the car, I was suddenly forced into the changing room. I've been in here for about 5 minutes, and I haven't moved an inch. I stared at my bag, not wanting to take the bikini out.

"Come out Rae Mi! You'll look great!" I heard her outside the yellow curtains.

Has she already changed? That girl is fast.

 

I knew she wanted me to try on that "cute" bikini she admired. Well, I shouldn't judge it before taking a glance first. I held the rack up to have a good look of the outfit. Teal. My favorite color.

I guess her taste in bikini fashion is pretty decent. The underwear is high-waisted, so it won't show most of my stomach. As for the top, it's like a normal strapless bra, but twisted in the middle. Great. What if it comes off when I dive in? It probably won't. Or should I just not swim at all?

"Hey Rae Mi? You in there?" she shouted again.

"Yeah, uhh..I'm just gonna take a while. You can head over first."

“Okay, but you better have that on alright? Here’s a cover-up.” she stuck her hand in the curtains, giving me a white piece of clothing.
 

I quickly wore the cover-up on top of my bikini. Thankfully, a hood was provided. I took out my super cute over-sized sunglasses; I’m trying to hide myself in the best way I possibly could. Here goes. I slowly draped the curtains and peeked. No one in sight! Yes!

Walking in a casual manner, I felt like a supermodel in one of those commercials. Give me a break, this is my first time wearing a bikini, okay?

Making my way towards Mi Young, her eyes were getting wider every time I got closer.

 

“Ahhh!” she squealed, sending many heads looking my direction.

I can already feel my face heating up. I honestly don’t like the attention.
 

“Aye!” Chansung came and placed his arm around me.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Watch what you’re doing!” Wooyoung squeezed into the space between me and Chansung. I cautiously walked away from the two, noticing how violent Wooyoung is tugging Chansung’s hair.
 

Mi Young was giggling in Taecyeon’s arms, while I took off my cover-up and headed down to the beach with the others. The light of the hot summer sun shines onto my skin. I waded in the low part of the beach. The golden sand beamed in my eyes. Today was such a perfect day.

I suddenly felt cold liquid splashing onto my back, sending an alert to my body that whoever did this to me, must suffer!

“YAH!” I spun and spot Nichkhun giving a sly smile and Junsu acting as normal as possible. And just saying, but he at trying to act innocent. Or maybe was it Nichkhun, because he smiled nervously?
 

“Which one of you guys did that!?” I glared.

 

“What?”

“Did what? Did we do anything Junsu?”

“Nope.”

“I’m sorry, Rae Mi. But we don’t know what you’re talking about.

 

“Whatever, you guys are going down!” I charged at them with all my might. Right when I’m going to push them in the water, I felt arms circling my waist and pulling me inwards. Now who is this?

 

“Junho! Put her down this instant!” I heard Wooyoung’s voice in the distance. So I’m guessing this mystery guy who’s holding me back is Junho.

 

“Aww hyung! You spoiled the surprise!” Junho was still carrying me awkwardly. "She was supposed to guess who I was!"
 

“Put me down! Yah!” I squirmed in his tightly wrapped arms. He adjusted me and carried me bridal style. Now I feel more comfortable. Wait. What is he doing? Is he going to the deep end?
 

“Junie!~ I would appreciate it more if you turn back~ Arraso oppa!?” Wooyoung yelled in a girly style followed by laughter from the others.
 

“Junho! Yah! Do you not hear me or my brother at all?” I slapped the back of his head.
 

“Ouch, that hurts” he said sarcastically.
 

“Shut up!” I laughed. He dropped me in the water and I planned to swim far away from him as much as possible. Once I was ready to pop back up to the surface, I saw him swimming towards the guys who were sitting in the sand. Okay, how long was I underwater?

 

“Yah! You swim slow!” Junho stuck out his tongue. Now, how the heck did he swim that fast? Aish, I’m such a slow swimmer.

“How does it feel to lose?” Junho came and splashed water on my face.

“You’re doing it wrong.” Chansung appeared and shoved water at Junho.

Soon there was a water fight. It feels so nice to have such nice friends surrounding you. Or should I say, brothers?


 

We celebrated Taecyeon's birthday with a creamy strawberry cake. The crew bought him a whole supply of sunglasses.

"Aww you guys are really thoughtful." he gave each of the guys a bear hug. "But you know what? These sunglasses are actually useless."

Mi Young and I bursted laughing.


 

The morning and afternoon went by pretty fast. I’m pretty sure the nightclub is next.

“We can’t bring Rae Mi.” Wooyoung said to Mi Young.

Ugh, his words kept on ringing in my ears. Why does he like bossing me around so much?

“But Chansung’s going! Why can’t I?” I pleaded.

“Rae Mi, you’re underage!”

“So is he! And he gets to go!”

Wooyoung paused. He was going to say something, BUT he paused.

“So all of a sudden, you ran out of words to say?” I questioned him.
 

“I made her an ID!” Nichkhun beamed. “It’s at home. I used her picture as a sample to show Chansung how to make one.”

“You make fake IDs? What kind of a friend are you?” Wooyoung shook his head and smiled. “We won’t be needing her fake ID anyway.”


 

------------


 

We arrived at what seems like a dark alley. There were barely any street lights. Just about 5 lights were there and 3 were broken.

 

“Tonight, is the night we’re going to have fun.” Junsu smirked.

“Don’t cause any trouble you guys. If I hear anything about any of you, I’m kicking your asses! You hear me?” Wooyoung lectured.

“Okay, Mr. Bossypants!” Junho gently pushed his face.

 

Surprisingly, we didn’t go to the entrance. We are headed to a different direction. So is this what Wooyoung meant when he said I didn't need an ID card? We're practically breaking in. Secretly.

 

We surprised Taecyeon at the club as Mi Young brought him in.

There were smiles of joy and confetti was thrown in the air. It was like a weird mini wedding.

“Go ahead and have fun.” I smiled at the both of them.

"Thanks Rae Mi" he smiled and walked forward. Then, took a second look at me. "Wait, what the-"

"Oh Taecyeon!" Junsu called.

"Why is she here?" Taecyeon asked Mi Young.

"We'll explain later." Wooyoung gestured them to go along.

 

“Hey, Rae Mi.” Nichkhun propped his elbow on the bar stand.

“Aren’t you supposed to get loose and enjoy this night out?” I asked, curious as to why he's serving drinks to people.

“I work here.” he smirked.

I raised a brow, “Really?”

“Actually, we all do.”

“Do you mean ‘all’ as in ALL OF YOU GUYS? Including my brother?”

“Well, we technically own the place. Besides, Chansung. He’s sorta young for this and drops by to help us out or meet older chicks.”

I laughed.

"You want a drink? I know something that's just for you!" He opened a fridge and came back with a water bottle.

I rolled my eyes. "Ha, thanks."

“Anyway, I’ll catch up with you later. Don’t go anywhere. Stay doggie.” He pat my head and  left.

I sipped my water and tried to take a time to enjoy the atmosphere. Rainbow lights are flashing everywhere, a guy is throwing up on the floor, two ladies are crying about their exes, there is a breakdance battle going on, some couples were making out, and some are even getting out of the club to do you-know-what. A group of girls were gossiping, drinks were spilled, music is pounding through speakers, the dj is crowd surfing, and some dudes were drunk and bragging about how much money they have.

I don’t belong here. Wooyoung was right. I’d rather be at home.


 

“You..” it sounded like a young man's voice. I glance over my shoulder to see a brown haired guy with a black leather jacket

I stared at him like he was some kind of a psycho. That’s because he is one! I couldn't see his eyes because his hair was in the way.

“You are…” he kept going.

What is he talking about?

“Who...are y...you?” he drowsily murmured. He's completely drunk.

Rae Mi, just turn around. Maybe he'll go away.

I tried to patiently wait, hoping that crazy guy would leave. I can still feel his presence and now his breath sounds like it's getting closer. What do I do? I searched for Nichkun, Mi Young, somebody, but the people I only knew were out of sight.

The guy leaned on me. Eww!

"What do you want?" I pushed him. I guess my strength isn't good enough to make him tumble to the ground. Who is this guy anyway?

 

"Yah, what are you doing here?" Bambam appeared.

I nearly jumped.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I replied.

"I was talking to him." he pointed at the drunk guy, then noticed me. "Oh hey Rae Mi! I didn't expect to see you here!"

I would totally laugh at his cuteness right now, but the drunk guy got in my way and leaned onto me like the last time. Again, eww.

 

"Sorry, but will you help me bring him upstairs?"
 

It took us quite a while to bring the drunk guy to a room. There were so many people we had to get through.
 

We laid the guy down on a bed and that's when Bambam got hectic with so many questions.

"Why are you here? Is anyone here with you? *gasp* Omo do you know how to drive? Wait, so you have a car? Ahh! That's cool! You can take us home!"

"Slow down, Bambam. I haven't got the chance to answer anything."

"Right, sorry. But you do have a car though, right?"

"I didn't say that." I giggled.

He pouted. "Well, I'm going down to get some water for this dude."

"Is he your friend?"

"I figured you might know him."


 

I checked my phone. 3 minuted passed. He sure is taking a long time.

"Bambam...." long awkward silence.

I stayed frozen as the guy spoke again.

"You..who are you?"

I looked for his eyes, but couldn't find them since his hair was scattered.

He reached for my wrist and pulled me. Unexpectedly, I plopped right beside him and   our faces were merely inches apart.   

"Y-yah, what are you doing?" I was afraid.

He swept his hair back and I could see his red eyes. Jackson. What is he doing here? Drinking? He goes to high school!

I tried to pull away, but it only made him yank my wrist. And because of that, I lost my balance and accidentally bounced my lips on top of his.

He smiled. What a sick bastard. I slapped him but he didn't seem to care. Well, he is drunk by the way.

"Water's here!" Bambam came in with a smile on his face which quickly turned into a shocked one.

Well this is awkward...

"Bambam! Help me out of this trap!"


 

After what seemed like forever, we finally managed to get Jackson to drink water.

I told Bambam the story and he was laughing like crazy.

"Rae Mi, Jackson seems to be weird when he's drunk."

"I can see that." I spoke. "Why did he drink? Why are you guys here anyway?"

"He has some situations and he dragged me in here." He said innocently. "I feel sorry for him sometimes."

I glanced at Jackson who was asleep at the moment. His first impression wasn't very good, but now that Bambam mentioned that, he seemed like a person who isn't that bad after all.

 

------------

 

After having a talk with Bambam, I felt like it was time to leave. I wouldn't want my brother or any of his friends finding me at this place.

"Again, sorry about Jackson. If he was sober, he wouldn't do that to you."

I didn't know what to say back. Was I supposed to say "It's okay" or what? I know Bambam was being polite but it was awkward with Jackson.

"Goodnight," was all I said before I rushed to find Mi Young. It's nearly 3am and I feel so tired, my eyes were blurring. As soon as they saw me, I was relieved I didn't pass out. We rode in Junsu's truck and headed home. Today was such a good day. Right when I walked in my room, I laid on a cushion. I reach into my pocket and then I realize my phone is gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Hi guys! I'm sorry you all had to wait for me to update this! Thanks for subbing and the comments! <3 I will surely update more.