Not Looking Forward To This...

To Be A Badass

Chapter 2: Not Looking Forward to This...

 

   I was super excited. We were on our way to see Taecyeon! The thought of being next to him makes me quiver with joy. I took out my earphones, plugged the cord into my phone, and selected a song that would fit in my current mood. Sadly, there’s nothing I’m looking for in the moment. I picked a random song called, ‘Only Gained Weight’ by 4Minute. I bobbed my head along with the beat.

 

“Someone seems happy,” Wooyoung glanced at me, then looked back onto the road. He began to chuckle.

 

“What?” I made a face. I hope he doesn’t know I still have a gigantic crush on Taecyeon...

I hope Wooyoung doesn’t remember. He better not.

 

“You still like him, huh?” he replied with a grin.

 

“What? Psh, no!” I tried to act as normal as possible. I lightly scratched my head and looked the other way. He raised his brows.

 

“Rae Mi, I know you for too long,” he told me. “I know you liked him since then.”

I stood frozen and silence filled the atmosphere.

 

“Alright..I admit it. You better not tell him though!” I roughly yelled.

 

“Rae Mi,” he said as he switched the turn signal, “I hate to say this, but don’t you think he’s kinda old for you? I mean, he’s going to be turning 21 in a couple of days, and you’re barely 17 years old.”

 

I heard what he said and pretended to get into the music I was listening to. The car came to a halt and I saw a small amount of peach colored apartments. There were maybe about 15 of them there.

 

“We’re here!” I got excited and got ready to get out. But before I grabbed the handle, Wooyoung locked the doors.

“Hey! What are you doing?” I shook the door handle back and forth. I shot him a glare.

“Dude!? You want to die?” I was getting tired of his act.

 

“Taecyeon has a girlfriend,” he spoke, “...so don’t try to interfere with his relationship.”

I’m guessing Wooyoung wasn’t joking. His words flowed in my ears and stayed in my mind. It was as if I can hear him saying that exact same sentence all over again. I felt as if my heart sank deeper into my stomach. He gave a little pat on my shoulder and finally unlocked the car. There it goes, another awkward silence.

 

“You serious?” I asked while tears are beginning to form in my eyes again.

He gave a small nod, “Mmm..I’m going inside, wanna come?”

I couldn’t answer this. I missed the other friends of Wooyoung too, but how can I stand to pretend nothing happened at all?

“I’ll be there in a minute.” I slowly spoke.

“Dude, cheer up. Hurry and get up!” he slammed the door. “See ya!” I watched him go until I couldn’t see him anymore and tried to realize about what he just told me.

 

   I guess you can say that I was a bit obsessed with Taecyeon. Well, not ‘a bit,’ but A LOT. *Sigh* I guess he didn’t wait for me after all. We haven’t seen each other since 2 years. He might have forgot about the “waiting-for-you” thing. Well, you see it’s hard to get over someone you really love. Especially the first one, who you thought loved you too. Maybe I should just back off and let the couple have their own space. I wouldn’t want him to be in any other mood besides being happy, and if he’s happy with her, I’m fine with it.

 

I took off my seatbelt, and crawl into a ball. Covering my face, I tried to stop crying. Am I ready to go out there? I started to talk to myself.

 

Rae Mi~ Are you okay..?

Nope, not at all...I still love him.

Really? You know, you’ll find someone better.

But I don't want to...

Girrrl, there's plenty of fish in the sea!

 

I kept mumbling to myself until I realized it felt awkward to talk to yourself in silence.

I took a deep, long sigh. Why do I have to suffer like this? Why is my life such a tragic story? Will it become better? I just hope so.

 

Just then I heard a loud thud from the window. I was shocked, because it was unexpected. I quickly wiped my tears and slowly turned my head to my right.

 

“Ahh!” I screamed, clutching onto my school bag. Just then, I realized it was a guy with brown hair with middle streaks of blonde. He seemed pretty cute.

 

“I'm so sorry,” he said, “I’m sorry for hitting your car with this tennis ball.” He gave a polite bow and gave a nice smile. I smiled back at him and got out of the car.

 

“I’m sorry,” he apologized again, “my friend over there and I were throwing this ball back and forth and we just hit your car on accident and we didn’t mean to and I beg of you just to let this problem slide away just once and we won't ever do it again and-”

 

“It's alright,” I laughed, “My name is Rae Mi,” I gave a welcoming smile as I stuck out my hand, waiting for a reply.


 

He was still trying to catch his breath from speaking too much, then finally said, “Bambam,” He grinned and shook my hand in return.

 

“Yo! Bambam! What’s the hold up?” I heard someone yell out from behind him. That guy had a cap on which is titled, ‘852’ at the top. He has smooth brown hair and a charismatic style.

 

“Oh, Jackson meet Rae Mi!” Bambam happily squealed. He pulled Jackson to my side. I think Bambam forced Jackson a little too hard, since he bumped into me and I almost lost my balance. Jackson turned his head to the side to get a view of me. He made a face that represented “what the heck” when Bambam told him to introduce himself. Well, maybe he’s shy? I decided to do it first.

 

“Hello, I’m-” I got cut off by Jackson’s actions.

“Who cares? Bambam, we don’t even know her. Let’s go back.” Jackson boldly interrupted. He took off his cap and smoothed out his hair as he walked back to where he was.

“I apologize,” Bambam bowed.

“Haha, there’s no need to be formal,” I giggled.

“It’s just that, Jackson’s usually never like this. He’s really nice once you get to know him. Well, I gotta go, so I’ll probably see you around?”

“Sure,” I replied and waved when he left.

 

I went to the outside of Wooyoung’s apartment and heard loud voices screaming of joy. They’re such crazy weirdos. I shook my head, and couldn’t help but smile. I haven’t met the guys in a while. I was going to twist the doorknob but suddenly another person opened it instead.

 

“Hey! Rae Mi! Don’t you know how much I miss you???” Nichkhun gave me a giant bear hug.

“Hey hey hey hey hey don’t touch her!” Junsu yelled. “She missed ME the most!”

“NOOOO! She missed MEEE!” Junho screamed the loudest with a funny tone in his voice. Everyone bursted laughing. Ahh, it’s good to see them again. We sat on the couches and Junsu handed each of us a can of pepsi.

 

“I heard you’re coming to live with us, is it true?” Chansung asked. I nodded.

“But WHY!? I won’t get to see you at school anymore!” he pouted.

“Chansung, we don’t even hang out!” I chuckled.

“But still!” he tried to reason with me.

The door opened and there was a tall man wearing shades holding hands with a gorgeous lady.

“Ah, Taecyeon! You’re here!” said Wooyoung. I locked eyes with Taecyeon. He has grown so old. Well not OLD, but he’s like an adult now. He transformed into a whole new level. I’m assuming that the woman is his girlfriend. She must be very lucky to have him. The couple came up to me.

“Rae Mi!” Taecyeon seemed full of joy. At least he still cared about me as a friend. He slightly bent down and ruffled my hair. “How’s it going? You’ve grown into a pretty young lady.” He smiled. My eyes narrowed.

“Yah! I’m not a little girl! Stop acting as if you’re an ahjussi!” I joked.

“Ah, alright.” he chuckled. “I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Kang Mi Young.”

“Hello,” she politely introduced herself. I forced myself to smile, not because I didn’t like her, it’s just that I didn’t want to be rude. She seemed really nice, and I hope we’ll have a strong, friendly relationship one day. Although my heart is still beating for Taecyeon, I’m doing whatever it’s going to take to get over him. I have a feeling that it's wrong to like him now. I was so not looking forward to this. I have to let go; I have to do what’s best right?



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Hope you liked it! I'll be updating again!

Here’s the song I mentioned in the story eariler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN3Bucex9ec