The Secret's Out

To Be A Badass

Chapter 4: The Secret’s Out

 

From the moment I wake up, the first thing that came to my mind was Taecyeon’s birthday. It is seriously his 21st year living in this world. I can’t help but think how fast he grew. He was a teen when he left me stranded at school, and now he’s 21.

 

“Hey,” I heard a sweet, feminine voice.

I turned to see Mi Young with a cup of tea in her hand.

I shuffled the blankets off of me and sat straight, not knowing how to reply back since it was an awkward moment. (I was still in my school uniform)

“Good morning,” she gave a warm smile. Her white teeth glistened in the light and her ash brown hair shined so elegantly, she seemed so much like a model.

 

“Morning,” I smile and look down at my hands, not knowing what to say next.

“Here,” she handed me the tea, “It’ll wake you up.”

“Thanks,” I say. “Um, so how’s it going?”

“I was thinking, maybe we should go shopping!” she exclaimed. “Don’t worry, I’ll help you figure out your clothes, and I’ll pay for everything! It’ll be a nice day to bond with you.”

“Thanks but uh, you don’t need to do that, I can ask my brother to lend me some cash and-”

“No need, I always wanted a little sis!” she beamed as she gave me a one-arm hug.

 

We head down to the mall and bought so many trendy items. I was so glad she took me. She was like the older sister I’ve always wanted, and I’m thankful for that.

“So, where should we go next?” she asked me while she sipped her iced coffee.

“I think this is enough,” I laughed as I held up the shopping bags.

“Nonsense! You shall be spoiled! Everything is my treat!” she brought her hand to her chest at that last sentence.

“Are you sure?” I raised my brows.

“Yup! It feels good to go out and do shopping once in a while, especially with someone I want to bond with!”

“But isn’t it quite expensive, buying all these stuff?” I was curious to why she doesn’t seem worried over money.

“I actually own a boutique. It’s a family thing.” she shrugged.

 

After a few hours, we kept shopping until we literally dropped. We sat on the benches and Mi Young bought us some ice cream. I couldn’t believe I opened up so easily to her. I mean, I know she’s a nice person, but people usually aren’t this friendly towards me and it makes me think, why am I willing to accept her into my life? It’s something that I haven’t felt in so long. I’m thrilled that she and I became friends. I know for a fact that I can trust her. Even though we just met the other day, we became closer with one another. We’re even comfortable with conversing about personal things. But there’s one super personal thing she brought up.

 

"Rae Mi, can I ask you a question?” Mi Young requested. I glanced at her brown, round almond eyes.

“Sure, ask away!” I smile.

Mi Young positions herself to sit straight, “I want an honest answer. Have you and Taecyeon ever been close?”

I froze. My ears were turning warm, and it was as if I can hear my heartbeat. What does she mean by “close”? Does she mean the friendly kind of ‘close’? Or relationship ‘close’? If she’s looking for the second option, should I lie to her? These questions were popping into my mind like popcorn.

She noticed my hesitation. “I know you guys went to the same school and Taecyeon told me once that he liked you during those high school years, but he had to let you go when he left. He said he stole your first kiss, is that true?”

I didn’t want to lie to her. Not after I’ve became attached to her. “We kissed. But that was a long time ago.” my heart sank deeper each time I said a word. I felt pretty bad saying all of this stuff.

 

There was a long awkward silence. Well, it’s good that I told her the truth right? I feel like a foolish right now.

“I just wanted to know.” she assured me. “Taecyeon told me that you were his first crush. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I don’t want you to think wrong.”

“It’s okay,” I said.

She continued, “Taecyeon told me that somehow Wooyoung found out, and he didn’t want the two of you together. So, Taecyeon would get beat up by your brother when you weren’t around.” she bursted laughing.

I guess it was kinda funny. I knew Taecyeon liked me, but I didn’t know Wooyoung separated us.

“Mi Young?” I started.

“Hmm?”

“I hope you don’t think wrong because of the events of the past. You aren’t an obstacle between us. Taecyeon’s all yours.” I giggled. She smiles a beautiful smile, showing her bright, healthy teeth.

 

My secret is finally out and my chest is relaxed. I’m overjoyed that we had the time to bond and have a strong friendship. Being with a new, and nice friend gives me the happiness that I haven’t had in a long time. I’m starting to think, well Taecyeon has someone amazing to take care of him now. Mi Young is a wonderful woman and I am delighted that they are together. Letting him go isn’t so bad after all. I’ve finally decided to leave everything behind.

 

“Now, we should get to the beach to celebrate Taecyeon’s birthday!” she squeals. “And I bought you the cutest swimsuit! Guys will be drooling over you!”

“What!?” my voice squeaked. “You gotta be kidding me right!?”

 
 
 
 
Author's Note: Hi everyone! Hope you liked it! I'll be updating again!