Chapter 5

Unrequited Love (Under Construction)

"So.. Uh.. Do you wanna.. Uh.. Sit down?" Minseok facepalms himself for stuttering.

"Sure." Baekhyun said as he slowly approach his hyung and sits down.

"Do you want a drink? Water or juice?" Minseok asks again.

"Water would be fine hyung."

"Okay." Minseok went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

While Minseok is busy, Baekhyun took his time to admire the dorm of the men living under it. The house is big enough for three people to live. It has a living room, kitchen, 4 rooms, a laundry room and a music room. He wonder who uses the last room. There's not much things around the house and it's suspiciously clean. It doesn't looked like men lives here.

"Here you go." Baekhyun was pulled out of his thoughts when Minseok came back with his water.

He reaches for it and drink, "Thanks. So, uh, how are you hyung? It's been what, 3 years? Since the last time we saw each other."

Minseok sat beside Baekhyun, "Yeah. I'm fine though. You?" He hesistantly continue, "About last time, I'm sorry if I kissed you! I really didn't mean to scare you. It's just that, I really like you that time and that's the only way I have thought of showing you my feelings, but you run away. And I'm so embarrass to face you. I didn't even get to see Luhan before he went back to China because I might see you and then everything will be awkward. Then I saw you today.."

Baekhyun laughed. "Hyung! You don't have to apologize. It's me who should be apologizing to you. I'm sorry if I run away that day, it's just that, I was shocked that you kissed me. I only see you as on older brother and after all I have a boyfriend that time and we're still together now. And as for you, I see that Jongdae-sshi is your boyfriend. I guess that's why Yixing hyung is sulking the day I saw him at the park. But anyway, I see that everything is settled between the two of us. You're sorry and I'm sorry."

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry again. Can I hug you atleast, for the last time?" Minseok ask.

"Sure hyung." Baekhyun took the initiative to hug the older one because he's still hesitating. When they pull away, Baekhyun looks at the clock on the wall, "Hyung, it's late. We should call Yixing hyung and Jongdae-sshi to come back. It's cold outside."

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. Let me get my phone." Minseok went to his room and came out holding his phone dialling Jongdae's number.

 

*at the playground near the park*

 

"Hyung, do you think everything is all right between them?" Jongdae says, walking back and forth, uneasy.

"I'm sure it's okay. Don't worry." Yixing assures him, "And will you please stop walking? I'm having headache just by watching you."

"Sorry." he whispers.

"By the way, what are your plans? I mean, before you go to China? Are you even considering it?"

"Yeah. I really want to go." Jongdae sits on one of the swings next to Yixing. "I'll probably go back home first to let my parents know about this and then pack my things to get ready. And of course, to spend more time with you and Minseok hyung."

"Oh, I see."

"I'm going to miss you hyung." Jongdae stand up and back hug Yixing.

"Me too."

Suddenly, Jongdae's phone vibrated and he took it out to see who's calling. When he saw the screen, it was Minseok so he immediately answers it. "Hey hyung. Are you done settling everything between you and Baekhyun? Oh okay. We'll head home now. Bye!" He face Yixing and pull his hands and intertwined it with his, "Let's go. They are finished talking. And it's getting late and it's cold. But first, let's head to the convenient store and buy some snacks."

"Sure sure." is all the Yixing has to say. When it comes to food, he can't argue with Jongdae.

 

After struggling of getting Jongdae out of the convenient store, they are finally at the comforts of their dorm. They decided to let Baekhyun stay over since it's dangerous to let him go home. They watched movie, eat foods and play game. After some time, everyone is exhausted so they went to bed. Minseok and Jongdae going straight to Minseok's room. And Yixing led Baekhyun to the other room

"Here you go. It's the guest room. If you need anything, I'm at the opposite room. So, goodnight!" Yixing said as he close the door.

Before he can say 'thank you', Yixing is out of sight. So he settles on getting comfy on the bed and eventually, he fall asleep.