Chapter 3

Unrequited Love (Under Construction)

Three weeks later, everything seems to be going smoothly for Yixing. He is used to seeing Jongdae and Minseok all touchy-feely. And school's ending in a month and he's going to graduate along with his two bestfriend.

"So, what are you two going to do after graduation?" Xiumin ask one day while they were having dinner.

"I don't know. Rest?" Yixing laugh. "Seriously though, I still don't have any idea as to what I'm going to do."

Minseok noticed Jongdae unusually quiet, so he poke him in the ribs to make him talk.

"Ouch! Why'd you have to do that?!" Jongdae shouts.

Minseok squint his eyes, "You were quiet. It's strange. What's wrong?"

Jongdae's eyes widen, then he's back to eating, "No-nothing." 

"Really Jongdae? You want us to believe there's nothing wrong when clearly there is? Come on, tell us!" Yixing nudge him on his elbow.

"I.. Never mind." the accused one whispers.

"If you don't tell us, forget that we're even bestfriends." the second oldest threaten him. Minseok looks at him and squeeze his thighs but Yixing just rolled his eyes.

Jongdae's eyes widen for the second time that night and he opened his mouth to speak but was stopped when Minseok spoke, "It's okay if you don't want to tell us. You don't have to force yourself." He get up, bringing with him his plates to place in the sink, then head to his room.

"Yah! Look, Minseok hyung's upset." Yixing also get up to place his plates in the sink and follow his hyung. But before he can even take one step out, Jongdae stopped him.

"I.. I have a job offering in a hotel-restaurant. They want me to sing there. They say that I'm starting after our graduation." Jongdae says, head bowed down.

"Really?! Oh my god Dae! That's great!" Yixing hugs his bestfriend, tightly. He pulled away when he realized something, "But where is it?"

That's when Jongdae lift his head up, tears starting to fall, "In China." He hugged the man across him, tightly. "Hyung, I don't want to leave you and Minseok hyung. But.. But this is my dream. What should I do?" he asked, sobbing loudly.

Yixing just hugged the small frame in front of him. He notice Minseok at the kitchen entrance and motion him to come closer. "Is that what you're worried about?" Minseok says, hugging both of them. "If you really want to go, just go. You have to pursue your dreams. We, especially me, won't hold you back."

"But what about us? We might break up because of this. I don't want that to happen." Jongdae manage to say between sobbing.

"As your boyfriend, I don't want you to go. But as your bestfriend, I want you to go and chase your dream. This is what you've been wanting ever since we were kids and now, here's the opportunity for you to make it happen. Me and Yixing will always be here for you, you know that." Minseok kissed Jongdae's forehead.

Jongdae calmed down and hugged both of his bestfriend tightly. He mutters a 'thank you' to them.

"Let's go to the park! Since we have limited time together, let's make the most of it." Yixing suggested as he started tugging Jongdae and Minseok wrist. They didn't even have time to protest.

Today was the best day for the three of them.

 

As they were walking at the park, ready to go home, Yixing remembers the boy he met there. He tried remembering his name but he can't recall it. Jongdae notice that he's spacing out again so he blows air on his neck, making Yixing cringe since he's sensitive there.

"What are you thinking hyung?" the attacker asks, trying to hold his laughter but miserably failed because of the look on Yixing's face.

"Yah! If you ever do that again I'm going to.." Yixing trails but stopped when he notice the boy he's trying so hard to remember the name, walking to the same table, where they met. "You!" he shouted then started running towards the boy.

"Oh! Hey Yixing hyung. Long time, no see. How are you?" the boy smiled.

Now he remembered the boy's name, "Baekhyun! I'm fine. How about you?"

"I'm fine too. I see you have company." Yixing followed Baekhyun's eyes, "Yeah. Let me introduce them to you. They are my bestfriend, Jongdae and Minseok hyung." He then turned to them, "And this is Baekhyun. I met him here the last time I stayed here."

Jongdae stretch his hands and Baekhyun shakes his hands, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Jongdae-sshi." Baekhyun then turned to Minseok, "Long time, no see Minseok hyung." A smirked can be seen in his face.

Jongdae and Yixing stood there confuse while Minseok froze in his place.