Choi Il-Hwa

Do you Remember (On hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeremy felt tired, the voice he heard before wouldn't let him go it would appear more often now. It was always the same voice saying the same thing.

He wanted to find a quiet place to think. He wanted to clear his head before confronting MiNam again. He walked without thinking and found himsel some bus stop. He somehow remembered the place. He was here before; it was that time about one year ago. He looked around, nothing had changed since then. But his live has turned upside down. 

The bus arrived, as soon as he entered the bus someone stopped him at the entrance. 

“O, it's you again.”

The bus driver greeted Jeremy.

“Are you on your own again?”

Jeremy didn't remember him.

“Sorry but I don't know you.”

He nod.

“Of course you won't know me, its no wonder; one year has already passed after all. About a year ago you were on the same bus as today and I was the driver that time as well you remember?”

Jeremy thought about it... there was really a driver he had chatted with that day.

“Yes...”

The driver smiled.

“I'm happy to see you again, ever since that day I wanted to meet you again.”

Jeremy got a little scared, what would this driver want from him...

“O, sorry for being so impolite I'm Choi Il-Hwa and the reason I wanted to meet you is because you really resemble someone I know.”

Il-Hwa looked like a nice guy.

“Nice to meet you I'm Jeremy.”

Il-Hwa looked at him.

“Jeremy huh...”

Jeremy took a seat behind the diver and was somehow happy to have someone to chat with.

 

Finally they arrived at the last stop. Jeremy said his goodbyes to Il-Hwa and went away. Il-Hwa's work for today was over. He should have gone home since his wife was waiting for him but it was a strange day. He suddenly had the urge to visit another place before leaving for home. 

"Il-Hwa, it's been some time since I last  saw you around here. What have you been doing?"

Il-Hwa greeted him. It was an old friend of his father. 

"Hay uncle. How have you been?"

That old man wanted to have a long chat with him but he was not in the mood to talk; so he excused himself and walked away. When he reached his destination he stopped. He stood before a closed shop. His father was once the owner of this place. He did not earn much but it was enough to raise a child. It was the first time he returned to this place ever since his father's death. 

While standing there like that he remembered an incident he was never able to forget. 

It was around six or seven years ago. He and his wife just leaned that they would never be able to have children. He was really down at that time. His father would aways comfort him and he would give him advices. It was one of those days where he visited his father for some advice. But instead of his father he found a boy in the shop. At first he thought that boy was a thief but that boy greeted him asking if he could help him like he was working there. Soon after another child appeared, a girl. She also greeted him. 

He got curious and asked them what they are doing here. The boy send the girl away then told Il-Hwa he was working here. At that moment his father come and introduced both of them to each other. Il-Hwa felt bad for mistaking him as a thief and tried to start again so he introduced himself and greeted him again.

“Hello, I'm Choi Il-Hwa, what is you name?”

“Nice to meet I'm HongKi”

It was their first time meeting but somehow he liked had known the boy for a ling time.

Later on his father told him that he found those siblings on the street starving therefore he took them in. He also told him how much he was pleased with their work. Il-Hwa started to visit his father more often just to see those kids and at some point he asked his wife if they could adopt those siblings. But before he could even persuade his wife the siblings disappeared and he never saw them again. Ever since that time he wanted to meet them again; no he wished to see them again but that wish never come true. But after he meet Jeremy that time one year ago he thought he found HongKi but that was a mistake. That boy had another name but moreover he was alone and he never even once mentioned his sister. That boy could not be HongKi. Because HongKi would never let ShinHye alone and wander around. He would treasure his sister and always be with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter